[3.12] Hasunic's Toxic Rain / Caustic Arrow Trickster | Leaguestarter | Ailment Immunity | SSF

"
cirerrek wrote:
so what would be my best course of action for upgrading my bow?

Hey, if you are really short on chash then maybe it would be best to buy a 6 link bow: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Harvest/42EeD8t9 and use a dread essence on it for +2 https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Harvest/DVpJdH5 you can also buy porcupine (1.5 as short bow) or imperial legacy cards (1.45 as imperial bow) if that is cheaper than getting a bow. I'd get the short bow (porcupine) for putting a essence on it since it has 1.5 as. Shouldn't be hard to sell it either.
Last edited by Shappening on Jun 29, 2020, 11:13:39 AM
"
Artwebb1986 wrote:
"

CA is good early in the game like Hasunic mentioned many times and that's correct.
The difference between TR and CA is that CA doesn't stack so you can't reach TR kind of dmg.
Once you get to end game (any player not you specifically) TR does millions more DPS compared to CA.
There's a reason TR massively dominates poe ninja compared to CA so saying CA is better is nonsensical but i guess you know better than all the top players.

Early on ? Its good the whole way.

How many times does it stack ? Since right now my caustic arrow is going 775k chaos damage per second. My ToxicRain even if I switch it up and put it in my bow its only going to 70k per second. Roughly 2x the time and a shitload more running around to kill a conqueror over Caustic Arrow.

Right now your DPS for CA is 797K (without configuring anything on POB) if you use TR on your weapon your TR dps for 1 POD is 520k. TR pods can stack (1 shot of TR is 5 pods without any extra arrow enchant) we use Carcass Jack to make the pods area larger so more than 1 pod will hit a target so basiclly you can hit up to 5 pods which is 2.6M dps.
Last edited by allnamesaretaken50 on Jun 29, 2020, 11:28:23 AM
"
sencik wrote:
I used around 8k alt + regals etc, i have even changed bows for other ones and still best what i get is

do u think I should proceed with this or pray do rng gods and roll more?xD

Whats wrong with that bow ? Multimod +2 support and ideally dot and be good to go ?

I think proj attack speed is worse than increased attk speed
I was able to beat Sirus at A5 yesterday, but it took like 8 minutes lol. Here is my POB: https://pastebin.com/tGXBjEx2

Just putting my info here for reference for people with low budget or still in progress. I'm level 90 and I've probably spent between 2 and 3ex total on the build, and my gems are still mostly level 19, along with level 2 empower, so there is plenty of room to improve. Level 4 empower + level 21 toxic rain will double the current DPS.

MY EHP is about 7600, and I have maxed out steelskin + cwdt setup, along with the enduring cry skill for heals/endurance when I need. Feels super tanky and safe everywhere. 100% ailment avoidance. I need to get my chaos res up a little as I continue to level.

The current tree has no cluster jewels because I've been waiting until they patch them to buy anything. With 2 cluster jewel setup, I will lose about 500-600 EHP but gain 120% increase in DPS. I might try to get Urgent Orders going with Enduring Call to cast it faster.

Clip of t16 Reef map with delirium mirror: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/665025121

You can see the clear is a bit slow but extremely safe. I expect once I get the cluster jewels it will be really smooth mapping.

"

Right now your DPS for CA is 797K (without configuring anything on POB) if you use TR on your weapon your TR dps for 1 POD is 520k. TR pods can stack (1 shot of TR is 5 pods without any extra arrow enchant) we use Carcass Jack to make the pods area larger so more than 1 pod will hit a target so basiclly you can hit up to 5 pods which is 2.6M dps.

When I look in POB my caustic arrow says 1.4million. And Toxic Rain says 1.6 million. And it still feels better to fire the caustic arrow.

Nope I dont use carcass jack, i use a frenzy + explode chest.
Last edited by Artwebb1986 on Jun 29, 2020, 1:21:02 PM
"
Artwebb1986 wrote:
"

When I look in POB my caustic arrow says 1.4million. And Toxic Rain says 1.6 million. And it still feels better to fire the caustic arrow.

Can you share your POB?
"
Artwebb1986 wrote:
"

If u want TR to overlap we usually use Carcass Jack for increased AOE so the pods can stack but that doesn't matter, put your TR in your weapon (+1 +2 socketed gems) with the standard TR gems (void mani,swift aff,empower - that u have,Mirage archer,Vicious proj) and see what dps toxic rain gives you - now multiply that by 5 and that will be your TR max dps - should be about 3-4 times your CA.
*this all refers to POB calculations obviously. TR isn't calculated correctly in the game tooltip.

* BTW concentrated effect is useless to use on TR - anything that reduces your AOE is useless on TR - Low AOE = less pods to hit your target. if you wanna use a blue socket use Efficacy instead.
Last edited by allnamesaretaken50 on Jun 29, 2020, 2:35:32 PM
"

If u want TR to overlap we usually use Carcass Jack for increased AOE so the pods can stack but that doesn't matter, put your TR in your weapon (+1 +2 socketed gems) with the standard TR gems (void mani,swift aff,empower - that u have,Mirage archer,Vicious proj) and see what dps toxic rain gives you - now multiply that by 5 and that will be your TR max dps - should be about 3-4 times your CA.
*this all refers to POB calculations obviously. TR isn't calculated correctly in the game tooltip.

* BTW concentrated effect is useless to use on TR - anything that reduces your AOE is useless on TR - Low AOE = less pods to hit your target. if you wanna use a blue socket use Efficacy instead.

So then why is Conc effect 200k more DPS over Efficacy in POB without changing anything just swapping the gems ? Low AOE should make the pods more compact resulting in them all hitting the target instead of missing.
Last edited by Artwebb1986 on Jun 29, 2020, 5:47:15 PM
"

Can you share your POB?

Dont have one, just load the character.
Last edited by Artwebb1986 on Jun 29, 2020, 5:44:54 PM
"
Artwebb1986 wrote:
"

Can you share your POB?

Dont have one, just load the character.

I see, the reason your toxic rain setup feels weak is because you use Concentrated Effect. the AOE is really important to overlapping the pods and getting more damage with TR

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info