Development Manifesto: Balance in Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas

"
leonelido wrote:
"

Yes skills got nerfed but everyone is forgetting about support gem plus to make up for it.

multimod nerf makes sense when you remember about the new exalted orbs. They want you to use them!

Imagine minions not getting nerfed and support gem plus interacting with the new crazy mods we've seen from the metamorph teasers.

GGG is hoping for balance and more RNG. 3-4 days into the league and some already broken build will pop up...

Yeah imagine Necromancer being played by more than 3% of the community out of which 2% are aurabots. An awful sight..
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
Setrien wrote:
This is the way.

This is the way.

This is the way.
Thank you for multimod nerf. AltSpam-Regal-Anull-Multimod-Benchcraft was waaaay too easy for an endgame weapon. Guess Alts and Regals are gonna go up in price since we now need to hit 3 good mods instead of 1 for an item to be multimod worthy. Is multimod getting a price nerf in exchange for -2 mods?
"
DarkJen wrote:
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
Setrien wrote:
This is the way.

This is the way.

This is the way.

This is the way.
"
Lehliana wrote:
"
leonelido wrote:
"

Yes skills got nerfed but everyone is forgetting about support gem plus to make up for it.

multimod nerf makes sense when you remember about the new exalted orbs. They want you to use them!

Imagine minions not getting nerfed and support gem plus interacting with the new crazy mods we've seen from the metamorph teasers.

GGG is hoping for balance and more RNG. 3-4 days into the league and some already broken build will pop up...

Yeah imagine Necromancer being played by more than 3% of the community out of which 2% are aurabots. An awful sight..

Necro was way more then a third of all 19 ascendancy classes for some time this league. Where do your 3% come from.
"
Necro was way more then a third of all 19 ascendancy classes for some time this league. Where do your 3% come from.

Legion had 6% @ 97+ and I'd assume it was way less at lower levels.
Last edited by Lehliana on Dec 10, 2019, 9:43:40 AM
"
Overall, the diversity of Minion builds as a result of the 3.8.0 minion review has been positive, but there are a few mechanics that are sitting above where we'd like them to be.

Nerfed: Convoking Wands Crafting, Minion Movement Speed, Feeding Frenzy, Raise Zombies, Raise Spectre (level 25 Gem.

So can anyone explain how nerfing 5 aspects of one build is "Balance"?

I would wager that if this has happened before then that build was never played after that point.

My opinion, Feeding Frenzy was strong yes.
The level 25 is abit much seeing as the wand crafting is also being nerfed. Why not make it gem level 23. why make it so that you need +1 level of minion gems on 3 items to get an extra specter?

I dont mind nerfs... but this...
Last edited by Kenchucky on Dec 10, 2019, 9:46:02 AM
I appreciate that the servers arent shut down yet. However i DO NOT LIKE CHANGES THAT AFFECTS MY FROSTBLADE BUILD.

I already feel the stupid ele resistances on mobs.
DO NOT FUCK MY BUILD
Another Tank build dies tooday.
Any player can design a build that works,
but it takes a casual player to design a build that barely works.
I can already see it on the wall:
Patch 3.9 will be another league like Bestiary.

-The special monsters and bosses will have infinite amount of tanky HP and one-shot everything randomly.

-The average player will hit on the monster for eternity and then die, giving up on the league early because of frustration

-favorite builds will be all killed or nerfed to oblivion, so no fun allowed here.

-Economy will then collapse because not enough people are playing anymore

Let's be honest:

We really should fear the upcoming patch notes. This nerf parade might feel like a burial.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info