Development Manifesto: Balance in Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas

"
Faceman165 wrote:
"
ineffablebob wrote:
General rebalancing, sure, it's needed. I'm not sure why the focus on making the leveling process harder, though. This game has a super-high barrier to entry already due to complexity. Why make things more difficult for the newbie?

Poe doesnt care about newbies. Thats why D4 will have 5times the playerbase of poe. For how long, we will see.

are you sure 5 time ? l think more than half player came from diablo with those ggg BALANCE OF MTX SHOP and global nerfs with monster buff when d4 out l dont thnk so people will say ok to those mistakes and keep play ggg have to understand YOU CANT KEEP PEOPLE PLAY YOUR GAME WİTH THOSE NERFS OR MAKE GAME MORE HARD WİTH MOSTER BUFFS FOR MAKE GAME MORE SLOW first fix your bugs grapic problems stop destroy people fun
RIP "Multi-mods" craft xD
Did anybody else read the whole thing in Chris Wilsons' voice? xD
I don't know who Natalia GGG is and who wrote the "balance" patch up, but I was totally reading it as if I had Chris on a stage giving me a speech. hahaha

I am positively reluctant for this new patch. Positively as I see plenty good in it, reluctant as I can smell it backfiring and playing out quite bad and feel nothing other than a nerf manifesto than just balancing.

Will have to wait and see.

About those multi-mod changes. Ummm, that shit was so expensive and time consuming to get in the first place. Since we are on the nerf page, any word on nerfing the cost of it and also how much we need to do to actually get it? An exalt cost nerf alone should be enough.

Not that I ever did it anyway, like I said, shit was too expensive. Its there for 5% of the community of PoE. So technically, they just nerfed the higher up players, lol. And since I am seeing so many of you in here from comments take a dump on the casual player and some even, shockingly, being happy that the game creates more of an entry barrier, well then I can only repay in the same favour and throw a finger towards you guys as well as your end game builds get nerfed :)

All jokes aside though, some comments I read in here... Some of you should really be ashamed to even call yourselves thinking human beings. One guy went ahead to justify certain changes with a remark as stupid as "its a f2p game, thats why you try it and leave if you don't like it" along with calling people crybabies.

Wow, I didn't know the tongue to some of you reached that far up a developers ass :D

As for that one statement alone, as not to respond to every kind of crazy I read in here I'll just comment on that one thing, ummmm, you do realise half the people "crying like babies" have been playing the game for half a decade right? Try what out? Someone drop you on your head when you where born?

Its a F2P game and many of us have been here for over half a decade and DROPPED REAL CASH on it. Your argument is invalid. It applies only to newcomers, which most likely will indeed just drop the game, which is the last thing you want for a game trying to grow its audience.

We comment in the forums and give our feedback because we are part of the process that shapes the game to what it is. We have invested time, cash, in some peoples cases lots of it, to PoE and deserve to share our opinion on a title we enjoy to ensure we keep enjoying it. If some of you see that as entitled crybabies, then there is all kinds of wrong with you.

We are all here to share our opinions on the matter and all are invested as much as each other more or less. How do most of you think these changes came to be in the first place? By feedback.

Sure is funny, if they made the game easier based on feedback, then the lot of you would be running around whining that the game got buffed because of a couple crybabies that can't play... wont you in that case need to also shut up and leave the game you tried out? lol. Hypocrisy at its best. Now that the tables are turned all of a sudden those that disagree are "morons" "entitled children" and need to "sod off from a game they have been playing for years".... Kudos to you peeps. No wonder why none of you are developers and just grinders, if you were, you wouldn't make it a month.

Aaaaanyway. Excited to try the new patch out. Fingers crossed it sticks the landing.
Last edited by HazaRdReborN on Dec 10, 2019, 9:20:54 AM
Well it feels you balance the game around your race streamer and not for the normal playbase.

So lets see how many nerfs are in the patchnotes

big ufff to GGG

Melee HC players KEKW
nobody forces you to buy mtx, how cringe is this playerbase XD?
NECRO/SUMMONER IS DEAD!!

Skeletons seem fine, Spectres a little harder to get +1 from gem but seem fine otherwise, Golems seem fine, Zombies with Baron will probably still be fine. It's just Zombies directly that have been nerfed and from the little I tried of them coming back after 3 leagues being gone, they seemed super fucking OP. They most likely won't be useless and many of the ways to build them that I remember (The Baron and/or Mon'tregul's Grasp) will still be viable and strong.

I wouldn't mind seeing a buff or improvements to SRS, but I've already given up on that skill being as/more viable/fun than Skeletons, lol.
Last edited by Tamoketh on Dec 10, 2019, 9:26:02 AM
So the freeze change actually didn't change anything ?
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
"

Yes skills got nerfed but everyone is forgetting about support gem plus to make up for it.

multimod nerf makes sense when you remember about the new exalted orbs. They want you to use them!

Imagine minions not getting nerfed and support gem plus interacting with the new crazy mods we've seen from the metamorph teasers.

GGG is hoping for balance and more RNG. 3-4 days into the league and some already broken build will pop up...
"
nerdstomperx wrote:
nobody forces you to buy mtx, how cringe is this playerbase XD?

Yeah that is also true. I played Necro and it was my strongest build this league, yet I also made another 12 builds since I enjoy playing more than just one thing and metas (hence why some buffs in this patch got me interested). 12, No exaggeration. (Ok, one of those 12 was another Necro but with the Templar... Still, 11 builds then).

I don't recall at any point of time being enticed into buying into the flavour of the month just because my strongest build was a Necro xD I barely cared.

People really need to work on their impulses. "Oh wow cool this weekend everyone is buying this toy, I will go and also buy it regardless of if I want to play with it a month later and worse yet, do so when the prices are up and the toy is hot! :D "

yeap... some people really need to work reasoning into their every day life period.

As for the player base. Its just people with different opinions. People that play for different reasons. Some more casual, some semi-casual, some hardcore, some hardcore but don't have the time to grind, etc etc etc. So naturally all the feedback will come from a lot of different directions.

What is beyond me is when one side gets its way and the other complains since their feedback was not taken this time, the former has the super stupid thing to say of "don't play if you don't like it" and rinse repeat when the opposite happens next month :D

Way I see it in the end though, NONE of them stop playing and they stay here each complaining on their own thing and the forums have become a nice little battlefield for people that are bored. LOL.

Some common decency goes a long way, but that clearly goes over peoples head. We should all be routing in a game that strives to make us all happy to play together, and not be pricks to each other about it.
Last edited by HazaRdReborN on Dec 10, 2019, 9:31:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info