[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
loloppe wrote:
"
nico5051 wrote:
What is the recommended 5L soul mantle gem setup?

FP - Increased Critical Strikes - Increased Critical Damage - Added Cold Damage - Cold Penetration probably
At 6l, you want to add hypothermia.
You can also drop Increased Critical Damage/Hypothermia for Multi Totem too.

For people looking at the new juicy totem build, here what I currently recommend for 3.16:

Good old Freezing Pulse totem for map clear.
Creeping Frost totem for single target as a swap OR you can also use it for map clear.

Take a look at those video:
10-boss with Creeping Frost: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ziw_wqpn7oQ
Mapping with Creeping Frost: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DKQDKzcMm4
Mapping with Freezing Pulse + Creeping Frost swap: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Eqf60pVlkw
Maven Writ with Creeping Frost: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWqWt-qaKtw

I didn't have a proper setup atm, I just reached 100, finished #20. I'm kind of broke from pushing level.

I still need a Bottled Faith, Awakened GMP, 3-mod Watcher's Eye and maybe Multi Totem in main link (idk about that yet).

Mapping could be better: Multi Totem, AoE Scaling, Explody, Herald, etc..

If someone want to try it out, you can copy my build on poe.ninja: https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/loloppe/%E3%86%8DLoloppe%E3%86%8D?i=1&search=class%3DHierophant

TLDR: Creeping Frost is way better than Ice Spear as a single target setup for totem build.

Looks interesting, but there seems to but a lot of button pressing now to make it viable. I remember when fp totems were a 3 button build! I have RSI from this game si now I stick with summoners.
Loving this build so far! Not sure if I like using vaal righteous fire though. Is there any good replacements to take over that for the build or is that basically the best option? Thanks!
"
Loving this build so far! Not sure if I like using vaal righteous fire though. Is there any good replacements to take over that for the build or is that basically the best option? Thanks!

"
Wallach wrote:

Yeah, you don't want Vaal Righteous Fire linked to CWDT; you probably don't want Vaal RF at all anymore, I should probably just remove it from the guide as a suggestion. Consider running a different Vaal skill there like Vaal Haste or Vaal Grace.
Hi guys,
maybe someone can help me out. Iam currently getting the first medium jewel.

Wallach wrote:
Increased Effect of your Curses - These clusters have two extremely powerful notables in Master of Fear and Wish for Death, significantly improving the power of your curses. Master of Fear applies Unnerve to any cursed enemies, causing them to take 10% increased spell damage; since Unnerve is a debuff, this is far more powerful than just "10% increased damage" and is effectively a 10% more multiplier. Wish for Death will grant you and your totems Culling Strike against any cursed enemies, which is great for clipping high health boss targets like Sirus and effectively reducing the health of enemy targets by 10%.

Sounds great for me.
But how do we curse the enemy, as we don't have curse on hit on rings for example.

Thanks & best regards
"
wizzardo1337 wrote:
Hi guys,
maybe someone can help me out. Iam currently getting the first medium jewel.

Wallach wrote:
Increased Effect of your Curses - These clusters have two extremely powerful notables in Master of Fear and Wish for Death, significantly improving the power of your curses. Master of Fear applies Unnerve to any cursed enemies, causing them to take 10% increased spell damage; since Unnerve is a debuff, this is far more powerful than just "10% increased damage" and is effectively a 10% more multiplier. Wish for Death will grant you and your totems Culling Strike against any cursed enemies, which is great for clipping high health boss targets like Sirus and effectively reducing the health of enemy targets by 10%.

Sounds great for me.
But how do we curse the enemy, as we don't have curse on hit on rings for example.

Thanks & best regards

frostbite is counted as a curse
First of all, love this build! It's been my main league build every league for the past 18 months, firmly made the leap to true totem lifestyle :P

Question that I have is with regards to Atziri's Reflection - I've been continuing with that item because I really enjoy the challenge of saving up for it with my league starter before creating the Templar, just a personal goal each league for me..

Are there are any changes to the skill tree that you would advise given that your listed build as it stands is geared up without Atziri's Reflection?

Many thanks in advance!!
there is something in my gear, im ready to buy the SM 6L but the last link "dps" that pob recommend me is differente from the guide, increased critical strikes its give me a bit more dps than hypothermia, maybe because my gear hypothermia its worse?

and another question the "chilled" effect works versus bosses? because is not work then pandemonium is a little bad no? the inversion on pandemonium is not work on bosses i dont think its very worth if in the end not work on bosses at least from my point of view a good rare amulet with +1 its a lot overall better, pandemonium obviously its safer on maps.
Last edited by keygy on Nov 1, 2021, 4:51:50 PM
Hey guys! The build is great but my DPS now is pretty shitty.
What should I upgrade now? AW8 sirus wrecked me

Last edited by nico5051 on Nov 1, 2021, 9:45:33 PM
"
nico5051 wrote:

You are using Coward's Legacy but not using Pain Attunement.
Your wand and shield could also definitely get some more damage mods. Maybe also get a cluster with blanketed snow + another dmg mod and get level 21 FP.

Edit: also annoint your amulet
Last edited by TipYourFedora on Nov 1, 2021, 10:30:44 PM
"
TipYourFedora wrote:
"
nico5051 wrote:

You are using Coward's Legacy but not using Pain Attunement.
Your wand and shield could also definitely get some more damage mods. Maybe also get a cluster with blanketed snow + another dmg mod and get level 21 FP.

Edit: also annoint your amulet

Oh, thanks :) I'll update everything.
I thought it was already annointed

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info