[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

I meant I'm stuck in blood aqueducts not in act, I already finished acts, I meant that I am so squishy that can't do maps reliably, evven with my resistances capped already
Last edited by philippe_portela on Oct 29, 2021, 7:23:28 AM
"
I meant I'm stuck in blood aqueducts not in act, I already finished acts, I meant that I am so squishy that can't do maps reliably, evven with my resistances capped already

You only have +life on one piece of gear.
Build felt incredibly slow for me until I bought a sleepless sentries medium cluster. I went from league start 20 ms to 30 ms and permanent onslaught and the game went from a slog to incredibly fun. Zoom zoom, I guess. I feel the loss of damage, and I buy upgrades way quicker, but i'm still in A8 reds, which is fine. Still got a long ways to go, but i'll try to take it the entire way.
Last edited by capritus on Oct 29, 2021, 10:39:09 AM
How importans is the sleepless cluster? because the difference between a cluster with sleepless and one with something like "Ancestral Reach" is 2ex :(
Okay phew - i just killed sirus 8 with this build.. with kinda just the "basic" gear needed .. well yeah i got a pandemonius but no whispers of doom neither i got the awakened cold dmg gem. Rest of the gear rare wise was about 5-10c each. Last portal left since i messed up and got too excited but this build still handles all the content super well.

stats in ho on s8 kill:

3800 life
1000 es
2400 mana

118k fp dps (no flasks active neither the full curse stacks.. just aura /golem afk in ho)

and no i didnt use ice spear ... i kinda miss the point of using it, it always felt worse then fp itself

Last edited by spiranz on Oct 29, 2021, 1:22:08 PM
What is the recommended 5L soul mantle gem setup?
"
nico5051 wrote:
What is the recommended 5L soul mantle gem setup?

FP - Increased Critical Strikes - Increased Critical Damage - Added Cold Damage - Cold Penetration probably
At 6l, you want to add hypothermia.
You can also drop Increased Critical Damage/Hypothermia for Multi Totem too.

For people looking at the new juicy totem build, here what I currently recommend for 3.16:

Good old Freezing Pulse totem for map clear.
Creeping Frost totem for single target as a swap OR you can also use it for map clear.

Take a look at those video:
10-boss with Creeping Frost: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ziw_wqpn7oQ
Mapping with Creeping Frost: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DKQDKzcMm4
Mapping with Freezing Pulse + Creeping Frost swap: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Eqf60pVlkw
Maven Writ with Creeping Frost: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWqWt-qaKtw

I didn't have a proper setup atm, I just reached 100, finished #20. I'm kind of broke from pushing level.

I still need a Bottled Faith, Awakened GMP, 3-mod Watcher's Eye and maybe Multi Totem in main link (idk about that yet).

Mapping could be better: Multi Totem, AoE Scaling, Explody, Herald, etc..

If someone want to try it out, you can copy my build on poe.ninja: https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/loloppe/%E3%86%8DLoloppe%E3%86%8D?i=1&search=class%3DHierophant

TLDR: Creeping Frost is way better than Ice Spear as a single target setup for totem build.
Last edited by loloppe on Oct 29, 2021, 2:27:06 PM
I'm new and am trying to figure out this freezing pulse build. I've got 2 kikazaru rings, and have completed the asylum mastery with 20% reduced curse on me for the final choice. I still take a low amount of damage from curses when my totems disappear. I followed the build and the proper ascendancy order
Anyone have any idea why?

I have the 6 link Soul mantle with all the proper gem.

Scratch this question, I figure it out. It was my Vaal RF connected to cast on damage taken. I guess I cant use this yet.
Last edited by jeoakes44 on Oct 29, 2021, 4:18:37 PM
"
jeoakes44 wrote:
I'm new and am trying to figure out this freezing pulse build. I've got 2 kikazaru rings, and have completed the asylum mastery with 20% reduced curse on me for the final choice. I still take a low amount of damage from curses when my totems disappear. I followed the build and the proper ascendancy order
Anyone have any idea why?

I have the 6 link Soul mantle with all the proper gem.

Scratch this question, I figure it out. It was my Vaal RF connected to cast on damage taken. I guess I cant use this yet.

Yeah, you don't want Vaal Righteous Fire linked to CWDT; you probably don't want Vaal RF at all anymore, I should probably just remove it from the guide as a suggestion. Consider running a different Vaal skill there like Vaal Haste or Vaal Grace.

Also, remember that we only need 1 Kikazaru ring now since you'll get over 100% reduced effect of curses with that and the Asylum wheel (including mastery point). Your second ring can be an Essence Worm or just a rare if you still need the resists / life.
hi, how do you get power and endurance charges in this build?
nvm just saw conviction of power. Thats one juicy node.
Last edited by teodar1987 on Oct 30, 2021, 11:03:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info