[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
ebranton wrote:
"
Wallach wrote:
You also have the option of grabbing the Clarity reservation efficiency mastery out of Mana clusters and working that into the build to get a lot of extra mana regen at the cost of being able to use a Clear Mind early on.

How does this work? The mana mastery halves the reservation of clarity. You still have a reserve.

Try reading again. He said running clarity at the cost of using Clear Mind. Meaning you give up Clear Mind to run Clarity if you choose.
Is Empower 4 still an option if we can get a +1 socketed soul mantle and x2 +1 cold weapons? Since it's very easy to 6link corrupted items now.
Last edited by TipYourFedora on Nov 4, 2021, 1:21:00 PM
"
TipYourFedora wrote:
Is Empower 4 still an option if we can get a +1 socketed soul mantle and x2 +1 cold weapons? Since it's very easy to 6link corrupted items now.

In my pob setup, it looks like I gain 1m~ dps, and lose 100k average hit, switching out increased critical strikes for empower, and this is without flasks, in a +1 socketed gems chest. With bottled faith + diamond, I gain the average hit back, and my dps goes up another 1m. This is over +2 projectile gems. This is without changing the tree or any other pieces of my gear.

Is it an option? Looks like on a non-multi totem setup, it could be the best or at minimum, very competitive, at a quick glance.

Last edited by capritus on Nov 5, 2021, 9:23:09 AM
Guys about to start this on a new character.

Would +1 Cold skills wand be better than wielding Axium Perpetuum sceptres?
"
Guys about to start this on a new character.

Would +1 Cold skills wand be better than wielding Axium Perpetuum sceptres?

+1 cold spell skill gem wands are BIS even for end game maps. If you can make some for leveling, it'll be a breeze, and if you get some spell damage / flat cold on there, probably take you through whites and early yellows alone. Add spell crit / multi or cast speed, and you'll clear the atlas.

Gear section of the guide is still fully applicable. I follow it basically cookie cutter and it has worked perfect for me.

Right so after the hideousness that was 3.15, I do believe this build is still viable for 3.16.

So far I have beaten Sirus A8 and completed all Scourge content (except Ravaged Blighted Maps & enhanced Timless Emblems & breachstones) without any concerns. Do die infrequently but it is not enough to actually cause an issue. Almost all are from the Scourge encounters, there seems to be some explody thing that wipes me out or their arc lightning that some of the mobs use stun locks and wipes me out. Trying to figure what it is though.

My gear is below. Hideout ToolTip with only Hatred on is 210k DPS. I would say to beat Sirus you need around 150k+ tooltip DPS without any buffs other than Hatred.

Working on beating Maven, Shaper, Elder and the enhanced content will give a shanpshot of what gear and tooltip was needed to beat them. Assuming I can be bothered continuing with this league.

Outstanding items to get:
Brutal Restraint
All relevant flasks
Watcher's eyes
Enchanted Helmet, Boots and Gloves
Awakened Gems
Level 21 gems
All peripheral gem set ups (I literally only have my 6l)
+1 gems wands (My wands are immensely good and I have a free affix for a +1 gems so going to try self crafting but genuinely no idea how, this will be one of the last things to do).
3 notable large cluster jewel
Min/Max gear

As you can see there is still alot of growth available and I reckon a hideout tooltip dps of 300k is still possible.

Last edited by Mentalmike on Nov 6, 2021, 11:38:53 AM
Thanks for this build !
Question, would wearing gravebind gloves mean that your totems could make use of herald of ice? And if so would it be worth it for the cold damage and explosions?
"
Question, would wearing gravebind gloves mean that your totems could make use of herald of ice? And if so would it be worth it for the cold damage and explosions?

Before you get viridi's veil or reflection and move up to the higher end setups, I think you could use grave binds as an interm for damage moving in to red maps, possibly.

However, I'd be amazed if you could cap resists using grave binds with viridi's, essence worm, soul mantle, coward's legacy, and a magic ring. Snipers mark is also 155 dex at level 20.

That'd only leave boots, or losing a wand for a shield, which wouldn't make herald of ice worth it in the first place. I could see if it worked if you switched to reflection, and had resists on a helm, but if you could afford a reflection, why not better gloves?

Regular gloves can have 2/3 resists, life, mana, 40-50 percent damage to chilled enemies, and even dexterity, which even without snipers mark, you need for gems. There are a bunch of temple gloves on trade.

Gloves like these are the high end option in Wallach's guide on the front page, and these are vastly better than what grave binds offer.

Someone else can chime in, but those are my thoughts.
Last edited by capritus on Nov 7, 2021, 8:48:22 PM
"

It should work as written, but I don't think would really be that worth even if it had infinite radius. The build just doesn't really need clear speed help. Unfortunately the radius is actually tiny and you'd basically never get it to trigger when you are playing the build properly and putting totems a good distance from your character.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info