[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
Quintessence wrote:
Well that is unfortunate, I guess all good things come to an end.

I mean, I wouldn't take it to mean the build is dead or anything, but I have pretty particular goals for my own builds. I'm just not as confident this build is going to feel right by me in 3.15, so I don't want to update it and not league start it, only to find out a bunch of people are unhappy league starting it themselves. To me updating a build guide is a clear advertisement that you are confident in other players investing their time in it; I'll need to see for myself if that still feels true for FP totems going forward. It may not really be that big of a deal in the end.

If you're still looking to league start this build yourself, the upside is that there's not going to actually be a ton to change at first glance. Obviously Controlled Destruction has to go, so that should leave for Increased Critical Damage or Increased Critical Strikes depending on what you do to your flasks. Flask changes I can't totally read at the moment without knowing what all of the flask buff orbs are capable of on the unique flasks. Otherwise there's no real item changes or anything to mess with, so the build is still mostly a known quality. If you run into single target boss damage issues (which I expect you will now around the first Sirus kill point of progression), look to do some Ice Spear swapping for the bigger bosses which seemed to work for Grimro just fine last league.

As for FRite totems, I'll probably have a preliminary PoB up in my stream on Friday, but I think you can kind of look at most any Dark Pact totem build and get an idea of how you'd set it up.
Every build is going to feel like shit compared to last league, so it might be a good idea to play something different

I was also thinking Forbidden rite totems or just yolo Eye of winter
I've updated my PoB with the new update:

FP Totem 3.15: https://pastebin.com/YPzifQmL

SW Totem 3.15: https://pastebin.com/d8V8c8uX (require Astral Projector)

FR Totem 3.15: https://pastebin.com/SQc7UdV6 (maybe)

Still not sure which one I'm gonna transition to first (between FP and FR).
I'm definitely starting the league with Holy Flame Totem.
"
loloppe wrote:

What are you thinking for damage links on Holy Flame Totem now that we can't use Infused Channeling anymore? I have a rudimentary tree set up and it looks like it might be HFT/Added Fire/Controlled Destruction/Fire Pen/Ele Focus/Cruelty (on an Elemental Overload tree... not sure how easy it will be to get crit right away).
RIP control destruction for crit build
"
Azbroolah wrote:
"
loloppe wrote:

What are you thinking for damage links on Holy Flame Totem now that we can't use Infused Channeling anymore? I have a rudimentary tree set up and it looks like it might be HFT/Added Fire/Controlled Destruction/Fire Pen/Ele Focus/Cruelty (on an Elemental Overload tree... not sure how easy it will be to get crit right away).

Pretty much that but maybe multiple totem support over something else. Wave of conviction selfcast and maybe orb of storm for some extra damage.
"
loloppe wrote:
I've updated my PoB with the new update:

FP Totem 3.15: https://pastebin.com/YPzifQmL

SW Totem 3.15: https://pastebin.com/d8V8c8uX (require Astral Projector)

FR Totem 3.15: https://pastebin.com/SQc7UdV6 (maybe)

Removing bottled faith is a 2 mil dps loss on FP, god that hurts. Do you think Eye of Winter might outdo freezing pulse after the buffs it received?
"
Wallach wrote:
"
Quintessence wrote:
Well that is unfortunate, I guess all good things come to an end.

I mean, I wouldn't take it to mean the build is dead or anything, but I have pretty particular goals for my own builds. I'm just not as confident this build is going to feel right by me in 3.15, so I don't want to update it and not league start it, only to find out a bunch of people are unhappy league starting it themselves. To me updating a build guide is a clear advertisement that you are confident in other players investing their time in it; I'll need to see for myself if that still feels true for FP totems going forward. It may not really be that big of a deal in the end.

If you're still looking to league start this build yourself, the upside is that there's not going to actually be a ton to change at first glance. Obviously Controlled Destruction has to go, so that should leave for Increased Critical Damage or Increased Critical Strikes depending on what you do to your flasks. Flask changes I can't totally read at the moment without knowing what all of the flask buff orbs are capable of on the unique flasks. Otherwise there's no real item changes or anything to mess with, so the build is still mostly a known quality. If you run into single target boss damage issues (which I expect you will now around the first Sirus kill point of progression), look to do some Ice Spear swapping for the bigger bosses which seemed to work for Grimro just fine last league.

As for FRite totems, I'll probably have a preliminary PoB up in my stream on Friday, but I think you can kind of look at most any Dark Pact totem build and get an idea of how you'd set it up.

I understand, it is just surprising for you of all people to have their faith in FP totems shook and it is making me reconsider starting it hahaha
Not sure if POB is off or they changed the helmet, but Viridi's is showing the unaffected by curses unrelated to the magic ring for me?
"
Miggaletoe wrote:
Not sure if POB is off or they changed the helmet, but Viridi's is showing the unaffected by curses unrelated to the magic ring for me?

They updated Viridi's Veil in this last PoB update, but implemented Hexproof as "immune to hexes" basically, which means PoB won't allow curses to be placed on you at all. You can just delete the entire "If you have a magic ring in your right slot..." line on the item, and put "Unaffected by Curses" on it to get PoB to handle it more correctly until they tweak the fix in the next update.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info