[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
loloppe wrote:

The build is still extremely good with min-max, but the early mapping is probably gonna suck big time now, can't really just recommend it anymore for league start.

I would say this build got hit less hard than most others. You don't need that much damage to completely steamroll maps, I don't think the nerfs will affect this as a league starter at all.

What do you think looks stronger if you're going to switch to something else?
IGN: Dmillz
Anyone gonna try this with the new Frozen Orb skill?
Happy Gaming!
"
Dmillz wrote:
"
loloppe wrote:

The build is still extremely good with min-max, but the early mapping is probably gonna suck big time now, can't really just recommend it anymore for league start.

I would say this build got hit less hard than most others. You don't need that much damage to completely steamroll maps, I don't think the nerfs will affect this as a league starter at all.

What do you think looks stronger if you're going to switch to something else?

I'll still play FP Totem since there's no better totem build. What I meant to say is that the DPS won't be up to par for red map and above without some pretty big investment now. At least two good weapon, Viridi's swap, high level gems, 6l, etc. Before you could make-do with way less, but our DPS got at least halved this patch.

But yea a few (5-6) millions DPS should be fine for early league.

My setup is just not for casual player. Not everyone can invest hundred of exalt in the first week of the league. People are gonna struggle fighting boss like Sirus without that DPS.

"
BPhammy wrote:
Anyone gonna try this with the new Frozen Orb skill?

Waiting for the level 20 gem stat tomorrow, but the gem doesn't look like it will be good at clear speed or bossing, it's in an awkward spot (similar to Ice Spear). Also, the level 1 gem stat didn't look very good per projectile and I don't see myself doing an hybrid setup with extra projectile just to gem swap when we just lost so much DPS already on our Freezing Pulse.
Last edited by loloppe on Jul 20, 2021, 11:18:24 PM
"
loloppe wrote:
I'll still play FP Totem since there's no better totem build. What I meant to say is that the DPS won't be up to par for red map and above without some pretty big investment now. At least two good weapon, Viridi's swap, high level gems, 6l, etc. Before you could make-do with way less, but our DPS got at least halved this patch.

But yea a few (5-6) millions DPS should be fine for early league.

Shouldn't need that much to progress to red maps. I agree you might have to get a 6L and have wands with at least cast speed and decent cold or spell damage for it to feel smooth, but just being on 5L soul mantle + kikazaru with self flag running should be enough to progress tier 14+ maps.

Conquerors will feel pretty terrible until you get more of the gear online, but there's no way we're going to need Viridi's and coward's legacy to do late reds. If that's true, the build's league start value is dead.
I think the main impediment for this build in 3.15 is the likely popularity of totem builds in this coming patch which will likely drive up the entry cost for key items (Soul Mantle, Viridi's).

It's going to be a herd of giraffes at the start as many more players may start with Templar to hear the new dialog.

Do you think we can ditch hexproof with more sources of reduced curse effect?

"
A new Asylum cluster has been added to the northwest of the Templar's starting location. Asylum grants 10% reduced Effect of Curses on You, 10% increased Effect of Consecrated Ground you create, and 20% reduced Effect of Curses on you while on Consecrated Ground.

+10%

Sanctum of Thought +20%

"
Upgraded Soul of Yugul Pantheon power no longer grants 5% reduced Cold Damage taken if you’ve been Hit Recently, now grants 20% reduced Effect of Curses on you

+20%

With 1 Kikazaru thats 98% reduced effect and 118% on consecrated ground(bosses).

"
Murphy7 wrote:
I think the main impediment for this build in 3.15 is the likely popularity of totem builds in this coming patch which will likely drive up the entry cost for key items (Soul Mantle, Viridi's).

It's going to be a herd of giraffes at the start as many more players may start with Templar to hear the new dialog.

Soul Mantle will be fine, the demand doesn't meet the massive supply. As for Viridi, it depend on how many people rush Maven in the first week of the league. I might just end up grinding it myself. It's like a 1/4 chance to drop. But yea, the price of Viridi was already pretty high last league for the first few weeks (many exalts), I would expect this league to be either the same or slightly worse.

As for 6l soul mantle, fusing are like 1:8 on the first day of the league, it's a good idea to just buy a massive amount before they drop. Or 5l with the prophecy.

"
vvashabi wrote:
Do you think we can ditch hexproof with more sources of reduced curse effect?

"
A new Asylum cluster has been added to the northwest of the Templar's starting location. Asylum grants 10% reduced Effect of Curses on You, 10% increased Effect of Consecrated Ground you create, and 20% reduced Effect of Curses on you while on Consecrated Ground.

+10%

Sanctum of Thought +20%

"
Upgraded Soul of Yugul Pantheon power no longer grants 5% reduced Cold Damage taken if you’ve been Hit Recently, now grants 20% reduced Effect of Curses on you

+20%

With 1 Kikazaru thats 98% reduced effect and 118% on consecrated ground(bosses).

Yes but no, it would be fine until you hit curse on map mod as they have increased effectiveness. Also, you won't be able to use Coward's Legacy since it has 80% increased effectiveness. But for Soul Mantle itself, you want 100% reduced to be unaffected.

Even if you grab all the new nodes in the tree, the new pantheon node, and use 2x kikazaro, you won't reach 180% I think, and the cost is just too much.
Last edited by loloppe on Jul 21, 2021, 11:06:50 AM
I started this build last league and took it pretty far towards minmaxing. The biggest strength was that I could do t14s and whatnot with a 5L, 2 kikas, and pretty crap gear all around. It was pretty squishy,but you could freeze and kill everything if you didn't get hit. Idk that it'll feel that good this league. Losing that damage is going to hurt and you'll take more hits all around. Still not sure how to feel about this compared to other builds for starting though. I really loved the totem style for league start and being able to farm invitations early.

IGN: dwreckedarc
Last edited by dwrecked on Jul 21, 2021, 12:52:15 PM
"
loloppe wrote:
Simulated PoB for 3.15, my end game version of the build:
https://pastebin.com/iyAHfkNK

When from 15m (with hh) Sirus DPS to 7m Sirus DPS.
9m Sirus DPS with Coward's Legacy.

This is a 50% damage nerf.

Still amazing clear speed and decent bossing.

I was thinking about starting with FP totems or Archmage BL Hiero. According to forum and early simulattions Archmage BL Hiero will have 1/3 of the damage from before the patch. Not to mention it lost alot of cast speed that will make spell echo locking in place even more annoying.

I think every build (or almost all) got big damage hit.

Now I wonder if I should stay with FP totems or maybe go with mines like BL mine. Im kinda not that much hyped about new league att all.
"
Asag wrote:

I was thinking about starting with FP totems or Archmage BL Hiero. According to forum and early simulattions Archmage BL Hiero will have 1/3 of the damage from before the patch. Not to mention it lost alot of cast speed that will make spell echo locking in place even more annoying.

I think every build (or almost all) got big damage hit.

Now I wonder if I should stay with FP totems or maybe go with mines like BL mine. Im kinda not that much hyped about new league att all.

If you don't feel like playing FP but would like to play totem, Shockwave Totem (Astral Projector + Atziri's Reflection), Dark Pact (Astral Projector + Atziri's Reflection), Ball Lightning are still very good too. But I would recommend to start with Holy Flame Totem + Wave of Conviction, at least until you can swap to Soul Mantle 6l.

Other popular totem build like Arc totem and Ele Hit totem are probably pretty bad now without massive investment (at least for bossing).

If you want an unique take on Shockwave Totem, here a PoB I've been working on: https://pastebin.com/TGg5xwd8

It use the Crest of Desire helmet so the body armour could be anything, but with Self-Flagellation and +1 totem, Soul Mantle is still the best DPS armour.
Last edited by loloppe on Jul 21, 2021, 3:44:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info