[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

What about subbing eye of winter for freezing pulse? Poggers or nah?
I still think the build is more reliable then others. Im going to play it for sure. Its to much fun :). gl and hf on friday
"
What about subbing eye of winter for freezing pulse? Poggers or nah?

I want to try it but I suspect FP is just better overall. Big and fast area coverage, no worries about distance of spell travelled, numbers look the same or better.
New theory-crafted end game version of Forbidden Rite totem in 3.15 (it's looking insane): https://pastebin.com/rzKDC2TX

Decent survivability: 4k life, 2.8k mana, 1k es, almost capped chaos res. Freeze/Chill everything.

Amazing damage: from 30 to 100m Sirus DPS (depend if the skill hit twice or not). Scaled from Critical, Totem Life, Gems Multiplier, Cast Speed, Cull, Unnerve, Hinder and Damage Taken from Hit (Wither, Consecrated Ground, etc.) Can also shock and ignite.

Clear speed should be decent. Almost permanent Soul Eater, can use Headhunter, can add more projectiles/AoE if needed.

Boots can be changed to literally anything.

Item required for this setup:
6l Soul Mantle
Viridi's Veil + Essence Worm + Magic Ring + Coward's Legacy + Self-Flagellation
Zerphi's Heart

Everything else can be worse and upgraded later. Around 10 points can be dropped in the tree without feeling bad, so level 90 should be fine for the setup. The build is hungry on attributes.

Build cost: 50-60ex

Edit: Forgot to mention, the build also get Rampage for free with weapon swap Sinvicta's Mettle. (Even more MS, damage and it look cool :P )
Last edited by loloppe on Jul 22, 2021, 6:18:43 PM
holy shit, will definitely try this
"
TheBitcher wrote:
Gone are the days where you equip literally any shit gear you pick up from the ground on blood aqueducts and make it all the way to T14s, we're gonna have to live with that! XD

Sure. If that's the new vision for the game, so be it. This was pretty normal back before there was much structure to the atlas.

I think them locking so much atlas power behind red map progression will make this feel very bad for the player though. The current conquerors system incentivizes you to make it all the way to T16 maps as quickly as possible to enjoy a higher awakener bonus and awakener level. Many influenced base types are functionally useless if the conqueror doesn't generate on an area level 83 zone (=T16 map).

On top of that, the quest just sits there nagging you to keep pushing your atlas, meanwhile your build sucks too much to do T14's because you haven't bought all your endgame gear.

Setting the hypothetical aside though, this isn't what the game is going to be like in 3.15. It might look that way if you force yourself to play this build exactly as written, but there are plenty of league start builds putting out 1 to 5 million DPS on day one gear. The fact that freeze pulse has to juice itself up to viridi's and coward's legacy LL to break a million should be all you need to know about whether it's a good idea to follow it on league start.

I know I said earlier in the thread that I doubted you would need that much gear to do reds but it's real.
"
loloppe wrote:
New theory-crafted end game version of Forbidden Rite totem in 3.15 (it's looking insane): https://pastebin.com/rzKDC2TX

Decent survivability: 4k life, 2.8k mana, 1k es, almost capped chaos res. Freeze/Chill everything.

Amazing damage: from 30 to 100m Sirus DPS (depend if the skill hit twice or not). Scaled from Critical, Totem Life, Gems Multiplier, Cast Speed, Cull, Unnerve, Hinder and Damage Taken from Hit (Wither, Consecrated Ground, etc.) Can also shock and ignite.

Clear speed should be decent. Almost permanent Soul Eater, can use Headhunter, can add more projectiles/AoE if needed.

Boots can be changed to literally anything.

Item required for this setup:
6l Soul Mantle
Viridi's Veil + Essence Worm + Magic Ring + Coward's Legacy + Self-Flagellation
Zerphi's Heart

Everything else can be worse and upgraded later. Around 10 points can be dropped in the tree without feeling bad, so level 90 should be fine for the setup. The build is hungry on attributes.

Build cost: 50-60ex

Looks really interesting. Do you think going straight from HFT into FR is the play here? I haven't looked enough into it yet to know how FR scales with gear vs FP.
still worth using controlled destructionin 3.15?, I think that Increased Critical Strike is better option now
"
RobertDowney wrote:

Looks really interesting. Do you think going straight from HFT into FR is the play here? I haven't looked enough into it yet to know how FR scales with gear vs FP.

Well that's what I'm gonna do, it look way stronger than FP as a skill gem during early mapping, the only downside being the clear speed, but the damage should carry hard.

If I had to rate FP vs FR:

Freezing Pulse:
Clear Speed: S (Instant clear screens, great in open map)
Single Target: A- (Require a lot of effort to scale the damage high)
Quality of Life: A (Totem, not many buttons to press, freeze, chill playstyle)

Forbidden Rite:
Clear Speed: A (Doesn't instant-clear screens, but better for closed map)
Single Target: S+
Quality of Life: B (Same as Freezing Pulse, but only become A with Zerphi's Heart, since it will freeze too)

"
Ramister_ wrote:
still worth using controlled destructionin 3.15?, I think that Increased Critical Strike is better option now

No, Controlled Destruction is dead for Critical Strike build. Yes, either use Increased Critical Strike or Increased Critical Damage. I personally will use Damage on all of my setup from now on, since my Critical Strike Chance is pretty much already capped anyway.
Last edited by loloppe on Jul 22, 2021, 4:07:55 PM
"
loloppe wrote:

Hi, thank you for your efforts! build looks very attractive for this league, will much appreciate any other updates from you.

could you clarify, you're using Hypothermia Support only in connection with Zerphi's Heart?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info