[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

Hi, I started this build as test as i want to try this as league starter in 3.15 because the videos looked impressive.

Very smooth leveling! But arriving in maps, single target dps is horrible for me (at map bosses and even rares).

My setup: Alltough i have a 6L Soul Mantle, i wanted to test the build under "league start" conditions. I started in white maps with a 4L Soul Mantle and some basic rare gear, all in all about 2 Ex invested.

After i have done some magic T1 maps (single target dps is real), i put the 5L on and jumped to t9 maps. And i really dont get it how i could boost the boss dps.
Mapping/Clearing is totally fine and totally fun.
Ok i have to admit: jumping to t9 maps with lvl 69 is a bit "brave", but on leaguestart at day 3-4 i would have much worse gear and at this time i'm afraid to do t9 map bosses cause they literally take MINUTES.

As i'm not familiar with totem builds, i guess there is something obviously wrong i can not see. What i see in the PoB, i'm using the same Gem Setups and the gear should be ok for yellow maps.

How do you handle the boss dps at league start when progressing through yellow maps?

I'm glad for any advice!
Regards

ps: my profile is public, Char "GiftiFreezeTotemtry".
I can also provide my PoB if requested. TY!

pps: Oh and another thought: How the hell is it possible to get an off coloured 4-5L Soul Mantle at league start? Ok i used the jeweller orb crafting bench method to get 1B 3G (took about 200 jewellers which is easy to farm at start).
But the "jewller touch" prophecy for a 5L would shuffle the first 4 sockets/colours, right?
Last edited by Bisrob on Jun 27, 2021, 12:27:34 PM
"
Bisrob wrote:
Hi, I started this build as test as i want to try this as league starter in 3.15 because the videos looked impressive.

Very smooth leveling! But arriving in maps, single target dps is horrible for me (at map bosses and even rares).

My setup: Alltough i have a 6L Soul Mantle, i wanted to test the build under "league start" conditions. I started in white maps with a 4L Soul Mantle and some basic rare gear, all in all about 2 Ex invested.

After i have done some magic T1 maps (single target dps is real), i put the 5L on and jumped to t9 maps. And i really dont get it how i could boost the boss dps.
Mapping/Clearing is totally fine and totally fun.
Ok i have to admit: jumping to t9 maps with lvl 69 is a bit "brave", but on leaguestart at day 3-4 i would have much worse gear and at this time i'm afraid to do t9 map bosses cause they literally take MINUTES.

As i'm not familiar with totem builds, i guess there is something obviously wrong i can not see. What i see in the PoB, i'm using the same Gem Setups and the gear should be ok for yellow maps.

How do you handle the boss dps at league start when progressing through yellow maps?

I'm glad for any advice!
Regards

ps: my profile is public, Char "GiftiFreezeTotemtry".
I can also provide my PoB if requested. TY!

pps: Oh and another thought: How the hell is it possible to get an off coloured 4-5L Soul Mantle at league start? Ok i used the jeweller orb crafting bench method to get 1B 3G (took about 200 jewellers which is easy to farm at start).
But the "jewller touch" prophecy for a 5L would shuffle the first 4 sockets/colours, right?

I can't do a full look at this right now (the heat is terrible here in the PNW so I'm staying out of my office until evening) but assuming you haven't made a mistake like forgetting to unallocate Avatar of Fire when swapping over, I suspect the issue is your gem levels. If you tried to skip a bunch of progression you would have been forced to do at league start, your gem levels will be unnaturally behind, which will result in a huge DPS gap (which can easily be like a 30-50 percent damage loss).

This build won't have great single target DPS at league start in comparison to some builds, but you shouldn't even really feel it like that until you get to like T13-14 when progressing normally.

Maybe someone else not dealing with this punishing heat wave can actually scope it out in PoB and see if anything else is amiss.

As for the colors, usually you can just 1G it at the bench or using the Harvest color recipes. As soon as you hit maps you should be looking through your Harvest plots and storing some of those color recipes for later since there likely won't be anything else competing for Harvest craft storage at that point. You can also just have trade searches up to keep an eye out on folks that happen to find off colors in the first place, or push come to shove just run something like 3B2G for a while with like Increased Critical Strikes until you can sort it out.
Ty for the fast response :)

Yeah the gem level thing sounds reasonable. I bought a 20/20 Freezing Pulse gem and Hideout dps went from 27,2k to 38,1k at lvl 72 right now.

I watched your Baran Kill on day 2 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAhRC77Coc4&t=198s&ab_channel=Wallach) and holy, your damage is on an other level.. i really don't get it
"
Hi together.

As I am a quite casual player (~0,5-1h per day max) it took me a while to get higher level character in league. In addition it is actually the first league I play after a longer break (blight was last)

BUT

Very nice Build! Currently lvl 94, farming T16 maps and Ultimatum up to T11/12. 90k hideout dps. But lacking on Bossfights (Minotaur, Hydra) even before thinking about testing Sirus.

Actually it's hard for me to find useful upgrades, as I play on Xbox. the trade market is horrible. (no corrupted 6L Soul Mantle, no enchant Viridis, etc)

So I would really appreciate to get some hints on my next steps of progress. I'm thinking about awakened gems (added cold dmg first, as I only got 20/0 normal so far). The 21/20 FP is on the way in the second slot). Rerolling the magic ring for higher life. Get some quality on it too.

I'm on 3.8k Life, 2.3k Mana so far. I need to get the bosses down faster I guess.

thanks in advance

Greetings from Germany!

Update: I managed to get an enchant on viridis, at least a 20/23 FP, first awaken gem and a significant better magic ring (lucky alt spam+divine for perfect T1 Life roll) as well as some quality on it. Besides that, I alt spammed my clusters too and they should be much better now. unfortunately my 3 note big cluster has the worst constellation possible, wasting some points.

Now I have to get 8 more dex from equipment to save a skill point, finish quality on ring and get a better quicksilver. 3/4 of the way to 95 is done too.

But I still have only 90k Hideout DPS. Maybe I need better wands? I did not find any so far in xbox trade market xD. In addition, i only have 2.3k mana. An I really run out of mana quite often. Therefore I use a hybrid flask, but I definitely need some more Mana. I have 4k Life now. if I do the math, I need at least 2.8-3k mana. Not sure how to manage that actually.

Thanks for any further advise!

Greetings

Last edited by LemurGnom831993 on Jun 28, 2021, 3:57:58 AM
"
bankai1009 wrote:
Hey thanks so much for a great build, i love it. Esp excited to league start with it next league!

I had a question regarding end game fights. Struggling a lot with The Hidden and The Feared invitations.

I have tried switching to ice spear but still didnt work.
It could be my mechanics suck but I thought this build would kinda carry me through high dps and freeze :P

Anyway, wondering if i can get some advice on how to do those fights? Please check out my gear too and let me know how to improve!

Help please :))
I can only afford 5L chest piece. Which gem should I get rid of?
"
bankai1009 wrote:
Hey thanks so much for a great build, i love it. Esp excited to league start with it next league!

I had a question regarding end game fights. Struggling a lot with The Hidden and The Feared invitations.

I have tried switching to ice spear but still didnt work.
It could be my mechanics suck but I thought this build would kinda carry me through high dps and freeze :P

Anyway, wondering if i can get some advice on how to do those fights? Please check out my gear too and let me know how to improve!

Endgame content becomes really trivial once you farm lesser content and get awakened controlled destruction/awakened added cold dmg (at least level 4).

I farmed Heist for some pickup currencies, and a big part of it was I sold my storm brand hiero gear but that aside, heist, delving and awakener farming early can be profitable. Towards 24 challenges mark I was at level 92 and messing around with shaper runs, if you know the fight I could recommend some mind-numbing shaper farming so you can resell his guaranteed fragment drops, you will always profit if you buy the guardian fragments then fight and kill shaper.

There's plenty of other ways you can go about farming but that's what I did to get a head start for my awakened gem upgrades, it's never too late.
"
misterpickle1 wrote:
I can only afford 5L chest piece. Which gem should I get rid of?

Drop multiple totems support
Nice build, thank you for the guide. I got my first level 100 in Ultimatum with this build.
Thank you so much for the guide! First time playing a full league and managed to get to 36 challenges with this as a mid-end league build. I started the league with a TR Raider but am planning to start with this one on the next. Hopefully not much changes will happen next league. I will also definitely check out your updates for 3.15 first once the patch notes come out. Thank you, Wallach!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info