[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

Thanks. best Build I've ever done,
I managed to do all the content.
I made some small changes. very good construction.
Hey Wallach,

lil' question:

I'm planning to build this Char on SSFHC in the current league.
I got 6l Soul Mantle, 2x Kikazaru, perf self flag jool, clear mind and some very decent rare stuff.

But i'm wondering if this build is "smooth" enough with this setup as i am NOT going to do Maven in HC because i never did her before. So i won't be able to get her helmet, meaning i'm stuck to the 2x Kikazaru version of this build.
Before you say 'yes' please kindly keep in mind:
-> Its SSF. So i wont be able to get a watchers eye with hatred anyway.
-> I also won't find 3x golden Oil for the 'wispers of doom' enchantment, but i got a pair of windscream boots which would be an alternative option for the 2nd curse. Worth it?
-> No cold dmg cluster jool yet, but the 'double non dmg ailment effect' bug seems to be fixed anyway. So no cluster jool at all?
-> Regarding the HC issue i'm thinking about running this build with a shield and stack some block/spell block on top the high EHP pool. Atziris Mirror offers some interesting stats for that.

What do you think? Is this going to be fun or will those 'castrations' in damage be too much to get a smooth clearspeed?
My intention is lvl100, not doin' any stuff like Sirus or Uber bosses. I got a great bosskiller char so this Totemboy is just for fun and hitting another lvl100 in the Championsleague (SSFHC).

Thanks a lot!
Regards,
Kalayo
Last edited by KalayoGaming on Jun 17, 2021, 1:51:05 PM
Hey all.

I used this as my final build of the league. It's so damn fluid that I'll probably league start with it.

I just hit 95 and am at a bit of a wall here. I haven't been able to kill Maven yet (i know my chaos res sucks and I hate the fight) with the toon. I think my DPS looks good but what's the next step here? HO DPS is 250k i think.

Obviously large cluster but I'm only 95 ATM.... Feeling a little squishy.

https://pastebin.com/pWwAeqXN

What is the best way to get the 3 green, 2 blue and one red on the 6 link soul mantle? Just spam chromes or do the crafting bench 2 green thing for 25 chromes a pop? I'm having trouble getting the colors right.
https://siveran.github.io/calc.html

Soul mantle int req is 134, and you want 1R 3G 2B.

Cheapest is 1G at four chromes a pop, roughly 1% chance.

Chromes are cheap, you may prefer 2G as fishing for 5% chance is less miserable than fishing for 1% chance. Both options are cheaper than slamming chromes, and far faster.
Guys this is a complicated ask so sorry in advance.
I am min/maxing this build in standard on char Daryl_Ritual.

Would it be better for me to go for the Viridi's veil path or just stay as i am?

That corrupted chest just about cleaned me out but will get some more exalts once current league is finished if you think it is worth swapping.

I know i will loose Zealotry making my watcher's eye useless.

The Pandemonius ammy is also pretty good but i do like the thought of using a +1 to cold ammy.

Currently happy with the build but if you think it would be a good upgrade then i will go the Viridi's veil route.
Thanks.
"
KalayoGaming wrote:
Hey Wallach,

lil' question:

I'm planning to build this Char on SSFHC in the current league.
I got 6l Soul Mantle, 2x Kikazaru, perf self flag jool, clear mind and some very decent rare stuff.

But i'm wondering if this build is "smooth" enough with this setup as i am NOT going to do Maven in HC because i never did her before. So i won't be able to get her helmet, meaning i'm stuck to the 2x Kikazaru version of this build.
Before you say 'yes' please kindly keep in mind:
-> Its SSF. So i wont be able to get a watchers eye with hatred anyway.
-> I also won't find 3x golden Oil for the 'wispers of doom' enchantment, but i got a pair of windscream boots which would be an alternative option for the 2nd curse. Worth it?
-> No cold dmg cluster jool yet, but the 'double non dmg ailment effect' bug seems to be fixed anyway. So no cluster jool at all?
-> Regarding the HC issue i'm thinking about running this build with a shield and stack some block/spell block on top the high EHP pool. Atziris Mirror offers some interesting stats for that.

What do you think? Is this going to be fun or will those 'castrations' in damage be too much to get a smooth clearspeed?
My intention is lvl100, not doin' any stuff like Sirus or Uber bosses. I got a great bosskiller char so this Totemboy is just for fun and hitting another lvl100 in the Championsleague (SSFHC).

Thanks a lot!
Regards,
Kalayo

SSFHC sounds like a pretty tough route for this build, but you do have the core of it out of the way already it seems.

A Watcher's Eye is definitely not one of those type of items you'd need just for hitting 100 in maps or whatever. When Mayhem happened I won my Demigod's in the regular Kikazaru setup.

You do want a medium cluster jewel. Cold Conduction is too powerful to ignore, bug or not. Especially with how easy it is to roll relative to a lot of important clusters on other builds. Remember that Path of Building never took this bug into account, so I don't know anyone who was even aware it was a thing until it was fixed. Medium -> Small is still a good plan if you have access to the Non-Damaging Ailments medium.

All that said, I've never tried to sell this build for HC, and I think you could still easily splat to something like a badly positioned Legion spear chucker or other similar situations unless you add a lot of physical mitigation. I don't die all that often, but you don't have a lot of room to play with in HC and this is not the kind of build super resilient to bad / unexpected situations.
Hi together.

As I am a quite casual player (~0,5-1h per day max) it took me a while to get higher level character in league. In addition it is actually the first league I play after a longer break (blight was last)

BUT

Very nice Build! Currently lvl 94, farming T16 maps and Ultimatum up to T11/12. 90k hideout dps. But lacking on Bossfights (Minotaur, Hydra) even before thinking about testing Sirus.

Actually it's hard for me to find useful upgrades, as I play on Xbox. the trade market is horrible. (no corrupted 6L Soul Mantle, no enchant Viridis, etc)

So I would really appreciate to get some hints on my next steps of progress. I'm thinking about awakened gems (added cold dmg first, as I only got 20/0 normal so far). The 21/20 FP is on the way in the second slot). Rerolling the magic ring for higher life. Get some quality on it too.

I'm on 3.8k Life, 2.3k Mana so far. I need to get the bosses down faster I guess.

thanks in advance

Greetings from Germany!
Last edited by LemurGnom831993 on Jun 24, 2021, 2:02:03 PM
You need Awakened gems asap,and better cluster jewells
I did a lot of builds this league, the only one that really stuck was Freezing Pulse totems all the way to endgame. The last time I played totems was arc totems back in delve league, and that was pretty fun, had something close to the experience I got here, but this ended up being the strongest endgame build for me. I didn't push for 100 but with some different investments, I absolutely could have.

I had generally the same setup as recommended: two stacked spell dmg wands, soul mantle with no special corruptions or anything, and started off farming the guardians with no awakened gems or crazy good gloves/gear right away.

I started off with the basic kikazaru setup to kill all earlier content before maven/uber elder then once I got awakened cold pen, controlled dest, added cold and a 21/23 freezing pulse on the Veil setup, I tackled endgame/finished to 36 challenges.

ALL Deathless Content Done:
- A8 Sirus
- Mastermind (83)
- Trialmaster/T16 Ultimatums
- Juiced T16 Deliriums/Simulacrum
- Heart of the Grove
- Uber Elder/Uber Atziri
- Shaper
- All invitations
- Kurgal in a 2-man party around depth 283
- Cortex

.. Pretty much everything lol, I'll likely be league starting this and investing in it to be a boss kill service hoster then take the currency I make and move on to look at another build, but this was a pleasant return to totems and I'd recommend it for everything, you can use pretty much dirt cheap gear and progress quite well, although I started with soul mantle 6L from the get-go, I'm sure the tabula setup is decent to start with.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info