[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

Any way I can upgrade this build? I have a few decent-ish Cluster gems, the ones I have on currently just satisfies my resists and all. I just feel like I am still lacking some damage.

Any way I can improve my build further?
"
Soulwave wrote:
Any way I can upgrade this build? I have a few decent-ish Cluster gems, the ones I have on currently just satisfies my resists and all. I just feel like I am still lacking some damage.

Any way I can improve my build further?

- 21/20 freezing pulse
- enchant on helmet
- quality on DPS gems
- awakened added cold/cold pen
- damage vs chilled on gloves
- neither wand is very good - both have 3 DPS mods that help
- single hatred mod Watcher's Eye
"
NoImagination wrote:
"
HELLERcz wrote:
"
Wilmots wrote:
No need for vengeful any longer after the nerf

So what other jewel will you recommend me?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2685450/page/392#p24045700 has some discussion, though it doesn't take prefix/suffix into account.

I took blanketed snow, disorienting display, prismatic heart for one, and blanketed snow, disorienting display, blizzard caller for the other.

Hard to choose .. Blanketed snow is clear. But your two large clusters are very expensive. Is it good to wait, farm currencies and then buy them ? Many options, i can't decide.
It's fine to have a double-notable large cluster jewel until you reach the point that your next cheapest upgrade is the triple-notable. If I were you, I'd first concentrate on getting a second medium, a single-hatred-mod watcher's eye, and get T1 life on the ring & quality it.

Also, you should corrupt your 20/20 gems where a 21/20 (or a 20/23) is superior, it's almost a freeroll because bad corruptions of 19/20 are undone in a day or whatever.
Last edited by NoImagination on May 25, 2021, 3:52:04 AM
great build, playing with it on ps5.

a couple things I tought were BS but actually helped a lot:
- tought the Brutal Restraint jewel was useless....until i got one with those mods (plus all the +dex):
40% increased projectile damage
5% increased attack and cast speed
20% increased elemental damage
+20% cold resistance
25% increased critical strike chance
5% increased movement speed
5% increased dexterity

-was using 2 medium cluster then managed to get a voices with 3 passives...(if possible get one :))
- curse with wish for death + master of fear (kind of expensive but crafted myself...)
- non-damagin ailments with cold conduction + astonishing
- totem with slepless + ancestral echo(testing with this one since dont really need more damage)

- Flasks....i was using dying sun(now dropped for wise oak+bottle faith that are way better...)

- cassia gloves are awesome for ultimatums, i also manage to get a +damage against chilled enemies but the damage now is so high that i just dont bother changing it for bosses...

my wands are kind of shitty but can still one shot all guardians/conquerors and do all endgame bosses with ease and the searching for wands on ps4/5 is the worst experience ever

also manage to drop 2 voices (one with 3 and one with 5) plus a double pride watchers eye that really helped with currency^^

really liked the build and is pretty much the strongest one i ever played, just wanted to share my experience (and english isnt my primary language so dont judge ^^)
Great build one of the smoothest builds I've played its definitely going to be my go to league starter. Now NoImagination I've been wondering what i could do to improve my build i know of quite of few things i could do but i would love to have your opinion. Things i know to do Awakened controlled destruction,bottle faith, single mod watchers eye (atleast), fix my large cluster and maybe whispers of doom for annoint. I want to say my wands are good but ive also looked into re doing the resists on boots and taking the resist off my one wand but ive also plugged in a bunch of wands with top tier rolls into PoB that dont actually increase my dps by much or at all (and i was looking at a count filter of 4 with crit multi,crit strik chance, spell damage ect)the only problem Im having is with A8 and A9 sirius and want to know i can increase the damage i could do on him.
5 decent DPS mods is fine on wands. To get 6 good is super expensive, though you can get 5 good mods. My wands are fairly mediocre but I'm > 400k hideout DPS anyway. POB item tester good for finding wands.

Corrupt your 5/20 awakened gems. Getting to 6/20 is great, while going to 4/20 isn't a big deal as you'll get the level back. You can lose money by dropping to 5/10 though, as you'll want to sell & replace.

Get T1 life on the ring and quality it. Also quality the belt. Getting more str/dex there frees up space elsewhere.

You can drop a life flask and get another DPS flask like Atziri's Promise. I also prefer a hybrid flask (with Ryslatha) to life, as you replenish mana with it too.

Get 10% first snows. Ideally with a damage corruption on them.

I think it's better to get a 7% life + 3 DPS mod jewel instead of a small cluster.

Do you need the dex from Precision & coordination? There should be some passive tree optimisation you can do to get the 2nd medium cluster jewel now.

I have fairly different gems to you. Double curse comes from awakened hextouch (you only need level 3 if you put it in a +2 Veil). Hydrosphere instead of frost bomb. Divergent dash instead of flame dash (phasing very useful for ultimatums). Double vaal skills + vaal cold snap. This all adds up to quite a big improvement I find.
Last edited by NoImagination on May 26, 2021, 2:02:57 AM
"
NoImagination wrote:
5 decent DPS mods is fine on wands. To get 6 good is super expensive, though you can get 5 good mods. My wands are fairly mediocre but I'm > 400k hideout DPS anyway. POB item tester good for finding wands.

Corrupt your 5/20 awakened gems. Getting to 6/20 is great, while going to 4/20 isn't a big deal as you'll get the level back. You can lose money by dropping to 5/10 though, as you'll want to sell & replace.

Get T1 life on the ring and quality it. Also quality the belt. Getting more str/dex there frees up space elsewhere.

You can drop a life flask and get another DPS flask like Atziri's Promise. I also prefer a hybrid flask (with Ryslatha) to life, as you replenish mana with it too.

Get 10% first snows. Ideally with a damage corruption on them.

I think it's better to get a 7% life + 3 DPS mod jewel instead of a small cluster.

Do you need the dex from Precision & coordination? There should be some passive tree optimisation you can do to get the 2nd medium cluster jewel now.

I have fairly different gems to you. Double curse comes from awakened hextouch (you only need level 3 if you put it in a +2 Veil). Hydrosphere instead of frost bomb. Divergent dash instead of flame dash (phasing very useful for ultimatums). Double vaal skills + vaal cold snap. This all adds up to quite a big improvement I find.

Jesus im on 200 K hideout dps...
Last edited by Wilmots on May 26, 2021, 4:04:17 AM
400K in HO .. damn its nice min-max ... :)

Now I am on 215K ... and its pretty good in T16 maps. For sure, I will min-max asap (now i am missing currency)
I think we could get well over 500k hideout DPS without losing anything, it's just expensive.

T1 x 6 wands, double corrupted mantle, corrupted hat/gloves/belt, none of my cobalt jewels are 7% life + 3x crit multi, of course Voices is almost always a boost, 6/23 gems, triple mod eye... It's technically possible (though hard) to get a corrupted Essence Worm. I have a few inefficient passive tree nodes still that I can fix with better gear too.

Maybe that gets us to 600k even.
Last edited by NoImagination on May 26, 2021, 5:05:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info