[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

Is there a post about the recommendation on the best way to color the soul mantle chest? Is it just 6 socketing then using harvest? Or to try and use the jeweler trick with getting all the recipes from delving, etc.?
"
Recla wrote:
Can anyone give me a clue on what to upgrade next?

Spoiler
First things first, I'd replace the shield with another wand. I know you get +1 totems on that shield, but that gives you a total of 7 totems. You can only cast 3 at a time, which means to get the full amount, you need to do 3 casts. You'd be better off just having 6 beefed up totems with a second nice wand. Your first wand also has room for improvement as it only has 5 affixes. You should get a helmet with 30% increased projectile speed for Freezing Pulse. The rest of your gear looks good. You're now at the point where you may want to consider a double curse setup. I'd drop your frost bomb setup and go with a double curse helmet, Hextouch + Frostbite + Elemental Weakness + Hydrosphere. You can achieve the double curse w/ either Awakened Hextouch or change your amulet anoint to Whispers of Doom. Then you probably want to get a curse medium cluster jewel w/ Master of Fear & Wish for Death. You could also get a Bottled Faith flask. Then from there it's stuff like corrupting your body for + skills, etc.

"
falkowa42 wrote:

Is there a post about the recommendation on the best way to color the soul mantle chest? Is it just 6 socketing then using harvest? Or to try and use the jeweler trick with getting all the recipes from delving, etc.?

Spoiler
Vorici Calc says most cost efficient recipe is the "At least 1 green socket" and should take you on average 278 chromes, or 94 tries of the recipe. It's probably cheaper to use harvest crafting if you have the right recipes.
Last edited by etherel90 on May 11, 2021, 5:35:47 PM
Are my only upgrades to corrupt now?
"
IrishXiq wrote:

You could get a bottled Faith Flask. Also go for double curse either with Whisper of Doom anoint or Awakened Hextouch in the helm w/ Hydrosphere, Elemental Weakness, Frostbite. Then get a double curse affix medium cluster jewel (master of fear/wish for death). You could also consider what some of the others like NoImagination and limevan have mentioned and get Breathstealer Gauntlets in your glove slot if you can get resists elsewhere.
"
etherel90 wrote:
"
IrishXiq wrote:

You could get a bottled Faith Flask. Also go for double curse either with Whisper of Doom anoint or Awakened Hextouch in the helm w/ Hydrosphere, Elemental Weakness, Frostbite. Then get a double curse affix medium cluster jewel (master of fear/wish for death). You could also consider what some of the others like NoImagination and limevan have mentioned and get Breathstealer Gauntlets in your glove slot if you can get resists elsewhere.

Thanks I will look into the gloves but most likely start with the bottle faith and awakened hextouch
"
etherel90 wrote:
"
Recla wrote:
Can anyone give me a clue on what to upgrade next?

First things first, I'd replace the shield with another wand. I know you get +1 totems on that shield, but that gives you a total of 7 totems. You can only cast 3 at a time, which means to get the full amount, you need to do 3 casts. You'd be better off just having 6 beefed up totems with a second nice wand. Your first wand also has room for improvement as it only has 5 affixes. You should get a helmet with 30% increased projectile speed for Freezing Pulse. The rest of your gear looks good. You're now at the point where you may want to consider a double curse setup. I'd drop your frost bomb setup and go with a double curse helmet, Hextouch + Frostbite + Elemental Weakness + Hydrosphere. You can achieve the double curse w/ either Awakened Hextouch or change your amulet anoint to Whispers of Doom. Then you probably want to get a curse medium cluster jewel w/ Master of Fear & Wish for Death. You could also get a Bottled Faith flask. Then from there it's stuff like corrupting your body for + skills, etc.

Hey thanks for the reply. I have a 2nd wand but was actually just experimenting with trying to become a little less squishy, I actually dropped ancestral bond during the test and reinvested in cast speed/hp nodes because I hate having to cast so much to get 7 totems up. But i think I'll go back as a hundred or so extra hp probably isnt worth the drop in DPS.

And yeah I'm having alot of trouble finding a better mainhand wand tbh, I got this one luckily through harvest crafting and havent found anything come close yet. (Not the greatest crafter, still learning) My own fault for running builds with mostly uniques in the past so I havent had time to learn the craft side of things lol.

I was highly considering the hextouch setup after seeing talk about it here, so I think 30% on the helm and double cursing will be my next goal. Thank you again!
Last edited by Recla on May 11, 2021, 6:36:42 PM
Recently filmed my run against Baran, not really sure what makes the damage so piss, I know I complained about my damage here a lot but I really think that my damage should be way more than this, considering I approximately invested 40 exalteds onto this, no regrets whatsoever, I feel the damage is almost non-existant on him.

A8 Baran: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Slj4NvFcHvw&ab_channel=Fokus
How are you dealing with chaos resistance? Mine is in the negative when equipping the "Cowards Legacy". Did I miss something in the detailed explanation of the build guide? Is this a concern?
Last edited by Fallstaff on May 11, 2021, 7:11:13 PM
Just want to share my take on the build in case there is anyone out there that is feeling that the build is too squishy for their taste.

With a couple points difference in the tree and with a Shaper shield you can easily add a 75/75 max block Glancing Blows package that makes the build feel way tankier, at least in my opinion.

I was having trouble getting one shot too often in T16 maps and since I made the change I am having no issues. The damage is certainly less than with two wands but there are just so many ways to scale the damage that I havent had an issue.

I switch Freezing Pulse out for Ice Spear on single target encounters and it still kills things like A8 Sirus super quickly.

The important thing is to get a Shaper Shield with +1 Totems and Recover % life on block. Mine also has Recover Mana on block which is quite nice but isn't necessary.

You will also need a Rumi's to hit the max block. I was using a Quartz flask in that spot for the Phasing but I found I didnt need it after switching.

PoB
https://pastebin.com/gT1h8ayc
"
Smeevil1 wrote:
Recently filmed my run against Baran, not really sure what makes the damage so piss, I know I complained about my damage here a lot but I really think that my damage should be way more than this, considering I approximately invested 40 exalteds onto this, no regrets whatsoever, I feel the damage is almost non-existant on him.

A8 Baran: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Slj4NvFcHvw&ab_channel=Fokus

a) Bottled Faith. Your crit chance is kinda low, if you are willing to make the investment just replace silver flask as you are getting onslaught from sleepless sentries anyway.

b) I see you haven't yet picked up cold conduction from cluster, do that asap.

With these changes I got around 2m sirus dps per totem on your pob.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info