[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
Hegezi wrote:
"
Smeevil1 wrote:
Recently filmed my run against Baran, not really sure what makes the damage so piss, I know I complained about my damage here a lot but I really think that my damage should be way more than this, considering I approximately invested 40 exalteds onto this, no regrets whatsoever, I feel the damage is almost non-existant on him.

A8 Baran: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Slj4NvFcHvw&ab_channel=Fokus

a) Bottled Faith. Your crit chance is kinda low, if you are willing to make the investment just replace silver flask as you are getting onslaught from sleepless sentries anyway.

b) I see you haven't yet picked up cold conduction from cluster, do that asap.

With these changes I got around 2m sirus dps per totem on your pob.

Thanks for the reply, I will do as told and update you as soon as possible.
"
etherel90 wrote:
I can't say for sure but switching to Frostbolt, you lose out on a lot of projectile speed and freeze chance. The reason Freezing Pulse works so well is the projectiles fire fast and clear/freeze stuff before it has a chance to get to you. I'd imagine without that extra projectile speed it won't work as well.

You're a kind person for responding & giving us insight.

Thank you, may good things happen to you!
"
Smeevil1 wrote:
"
Hegezi wrote:
"
Smeevil1 wrote:
Recently filmed my run against Baran, not really sure what makes the damage so piss, I know I complained about my damage here a lot but I really think that my damage should be way more than this, considering I approximately invested 40 exalteds onto this, no regrets whatsoever, I feel the damage is almost non-existant on him.

A8 Baran: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Slj4NvFcHvw&ab_channel=Fokus

a) Bottled Faith. Your crit chance is kinda low, if you are willing to make the investment just replace silver flask as you are getting onslaught from sleepless sentries anyway.

b) I see you haven't yet picked up cold conduction from cluster, do that asap.

With these changes I got around 2m sirus dps per totem on your pob.

Thanks for the reply, I will do as told and update you as soon as possible.

Hey mate, looks like you didn't have your Aura on too ?

"
Hey mate, looks like you didn't have your Aura on too ?

I had the aura on buddy, it's just that it takes no reservation because of the unique ring that I have on, I honestly have no idea what's wrong with my build.

A friend of mine who invested way less is able to easily finish A9 sirus and his bossing is ten times better than mine, it's frustrating but I think it is what it is.
Last edited by Smeevil1 on May 11, 2021, 11:24:07 PM
Odd even when I have no reservation, I get an icon in the top left for Hatred, but I didn't see it in the video you posted. Guess it's a UI setting.
Third build of the league and after a few days playing it, i'll stick to it until "the end".

I'm surprised about pretty much everything in this build: It's quite fast, tanky enough, dps is great, and really fun to play. Everything done easily including Sirus A9, Maven deathless and invitation.

A BIG THANK YOU to Wallach and all the people replying fast here.

I'm still unsure about my next upgrade, either the awakened controlled destruction or a second cluster jewel setup if i level a bit more.
It's 100% unnecessary but I like to play this build

I bought this weapon, but I didnt think about it being a sceptre. Is this just as good as a wand?

https://imgur.com/a/amcwG9B

Thanks for the build and the good informations through out the thread!

Almost at red maps now, for the first time in PoE!
"
surabe wrote:
I bought this weapon, but I didnt think about it being a sceptre. Is this just as good as a wand?

https://imgur.com/a/amcwG9B

Thanks for the build and the good informations through out the thread!

Almost at red maps now, for the first time in PoE!

Sceptres and wands are both fine. You can get the same amount of damage out of either. The problem with that sceptre is that it has fairly low tier rolls on every affix. You may not be able to find high tier rolls AND +1 cold skills for a reasonable price, but you can drop the +1 cold skills for at least 50%+ increased spell damage (100+ on a wand), 20%+ cast speed, 30%+ Crit Multi, 90%+ crit chance for spells, and 50+ elemental damage to spells. Check PoB, it will be waaaay more dps than low rolls with +1 to cold skills.

Edit: Always check PoB to see what the difference is, but at the time I made this change the one on the right was about 40k more total DPS than the one on the left.
Spoiler

Also, a tip for anyone who wants to be able to accurately compare the dps of a wand from the trade site if you have sceptres or vice versa. Make a copy of your weapons in PoB and just edit the item types. If you have sceptres, make the item a Crystal Wand or if you have wands make it an Opal Sceptre, for example. If you try to add a different weapon type to PoB and compare it against what you have equipped, it will only compare against your main-hand since you cannot have 2 different weapon types equipped. Now when you see a wand on the trade site and are wondering if it's higher DPS than your sceptres, switch your equipped weapons in PoB to your wand copies of your sceptres, and now you can compare the trade site wand directly.
Last edited by etherel90 on May 12, 2021, 3:14:08 PM
"
Nayiri wrote:
Third build of the league and after a few days playing it, i'll stick to it until "the end".

I'm surprised about pretty much everything in this build: It's quite fast, tanky enough, dps is great, and really fun to play. Everything done easily including Sirus A9, Maven deathless and invitation.

A BIG THANK YOU to Wallach and all the people replying fast here.

I'm still unsure about my next upgrade, either the awakened controlled destruction or a second cluster jewel setup if i level a bit more.
It's 100% unnecessary but I like to play this build

Hear, hear! I am also having a blast with this build and it's easy on my wrists when playing.
Last edited by Fallstaff on May 12, 2021, 11:05:11 AM
Someone asked this a few pages ago but I didn't see a response. Can someone post a screenshot of their config page on PoB? I'm interested in how you set it up to get per totem dps calc using the veil/coward's legacy setup.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info