[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

After around act 3, my Wave of Conviction starts to inflict zero damage. Any idea why?
"
limevan wrote:
I've taken another look at the notables in the Large Cluster Jewel. This time, I've plugged each one of the notables into POB (with Enemy = Shaper). I've put the increase in effective DPS for each notable under the column "%dmg inc" and some comments on notable notables.

For a medium cluster jewel, Do you think having "Wish for death" (i.e. Culling strike on cursed enemies) is useful for this build ?
Can anyone look at my gear what should I prioritize for next next? Ignore the gem Quality, gonna fix that soon.

My plan here:

Freezing Pulse 21/20 > awakened controlled destruction > watcher's eye > rest of awakened gem
"
haitike wrote:
Do you know if PoB can calculate projectile speed in freezing pulse? I got the +30% projectile speed enchantment in my viridi's veil and the DPS is the same.

Projectile speed adds DPS differently - at (say) 25% of the way along each pulse's path, you deal (say) 75% of your total damage. By having a longer total path with projectile speed, that relative 25% is further out than it used to be, so you're dealing more damage at that absolute range than before.

"
Pacificator77 wrote:
For a medium cluster jewel, Do you think having "Wish for death" (i.e. Culling strike on cursed enemies) is useful for this build ?

Yes, take wish for death with master of fear.

"
velaxi1 wrote:
Freezing Pulse 21/20 > awakened controlled destruction > watcher's eye > rest of awakened gem

Sounds fine, though I think I'd put a single mod eye 2nd on the list rather than 3rd.
"
dinsiz wrote:
After around act 3, my Wave of Conviction starts to inflict zero damage. Any idea why?

You've gotten to the point where you have taken the Ancestral Bond passive, which gives you more totems but doesn't allow you to deal damage yourself. I think at that point in the guide you are supposed to switch Wave of Conviction over to a totem setup. See Wallach's gem setup in the Act 4 section.
"
Domaar wrote:
I prefer following settings:

Immortal call > Increased duration > Second wind (3)
Cast When Damage Taken > Cold Snap > Bone chill > Sniper's Mark (4)

Spoiler
One thing to note is that Immortal Call will consume our endurance charges, leaving us with 16% less resistance and 16% less physical damage reduction.

Edit: This information was incorrect, sorry for the confusion. Minimum charges cannot be consumed.

If you are having trouble dealing with incoming damage when initially placing your totems, consider picking up Phase Run or Divergent Dash to get some phasing.
Last edited by etherel90 on Apr 30, 2021, 11:28:42 AM
I believe that as we have minimum endurance charges, they can't be consumed.

Edit: Agree completely on getting phasing to solve the problem though.
Last edited by NoImagination on Apr 30, 2021, 11:47:46 AM
You're right, I edited my post to correct that.
https://pastebin.com/VnBXa56k

Hello, I've tried this build and its amazing.

I'm lvl95 right now with no problem doing normal stuff like mapping or a6 Sirus.

I want some advice about what should i go next. Should i look for bottled faith or Crit% watcher's eye? Or any other upgrade?

Also another question is for some reason my POB Fork doesn't count my character as Hexproof. So i can't really see how many dps I'm at.Do i need to set up some specific things to make viridi&magic ring set up count as hexproof in POB?

"
ibchrist1991 wrote:
I want some advice about what should i go next. Should i look for bottled faith or Crit% watcher's eye? Or any other upgrade?

I'd be thinking:

- Aawakened dps gems

- Hat enchant

- 3 notable large clusters are expensive, but you can get a 2 and achieve most of the same thing

- Any hatred node Eye will be good

"
ibchrist1991 wrote:
Also another question is for some reason my POB Fork doesn't count my character as Hexproof. So i can't really see how many dps I'm at.Do i need to set up some specific things to make viridi&magic ring set up count as hexproof in POB?

Manually add the Atziri's Reflection mod to the Veil.
Last edited by NoImagination on Apr 30, 2021, 2:00:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info