[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
NoImagination wrote:
Easier to say if you make your character public, but it's common to go shopping when you finish acts. Asides from the normal FP gear, you can probably buy a cheap 20/20 freezing pulse gem and a 5 link soul mantle. Along with 75% cold/fire/light resist, that'll get you through white maps and yellow too really.

Sorry about that, like I said new player here. I unhid my character tab - I assume that's what you mean. Thanks for the reply.
"
Xerxian wrote:
"
NoImagination wrote:
Easier to say if you make your character public, but it's common to go shopping when you finish acts. Asides from the normal FP gear, you can probably buy a cheap 20/20 freezing pulse gem and a 5 link soul mantle. Along with 75% cold/fire/light resist, that'll get you through white maps and yellow too really.

Sorry about that, like I said new player here. I unhid my character tab - I assume that's what you mean. Thanks for the reply.

Hi, how mmuch currency do you have? Because at this point in the league you should be able to start with freeze pulse totems for 10-15c or only a little more.

Kikazaru should be 1-2c each , 5L Soul mantle 1-5c , another first snow 1c , some respecs should be free if you have done the acts. And rounding your resistances should be 1-2c per armor slot.

If you don't have 10-20c , just do some 60+ zones and do the chaos recipe

https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Vendor_recipe_system

You should be able to do it 5-10 times in a couple hours and get enough currency to start FP totems.
I know it has been discussed a bit in the thread before but I wanted to reiterate that no one should sleep on throwing in Multiple Totem Support into your FP setup even if you only have a 5 link. I had been using FP + Hypothermia + Cold Pen + Controlled Destruction + Added Cold and doing 4 totems. I swapped out Added Cold for Mult. Totems (with 20% qual for increased totem placement speed) and my clear speed is so much faster now, it's night and day. Wish I had done it earlier.

Also to pose a question: We have 2 First Snow jewels and 1 Clear Mind jewel. Out of these 4 corrupted implicits, which would be the best 3 to have? Maim immunity, Hinder immunity, Corrupted Blood immunity and Silence immunity? I know that hinder on flask use is one of the ultimatum mods so that would be helpful to give you a freebie.
Last edited by etherel90 on May 1, 2021, 2:08:54 PM
"
etherel90 wrote:
I know it has been discussed a bit in the thread before but I wanted to reiterate that no one should sleep on throwing in Multiple Totem Support into your FP setup even if you only have a 5 link.

Agree completely.

"
etherel90 wrote:
Also to pose a question: We have 2 First Snow jewels and 1 Clear Mind jewel. Out of these 4 corrupted implicits, which would be the best 3 to have? Maim immunity, Hinder immunity, Corrupted Blood immunity and Silence immunity? I know that hinder on flask use is one of the ultimatum mods so that would be helpful to give you a freebie.

2x 10% critical strike chance are the best I think, then you can take immune to corrupted blood. Latter isn't super needed anymore though I find, ignite seems more dangerous than bleed these days.
Last edited by NoImagination on May 1, 2021, 3:17:31 PM
"
nathlar wrote:
"
Xerxian wrote:
"
NoImagination wrote:

Hi, how mmuch currency do you have? Because at this point in the league you should be able to start with freeze pulse totems for 10-15c or only a little more.

Kikazaru should be 1-2c each , 5L Soul mantle 1-5c , another first snow 1c , some respecs should be free if you have done the acts. And rounding your resistances should be 1-2c per armor slot.

If you don't have 10-20c , just do some 60+ zones and do the chaos recipe

https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Vendor_recipe_system

You should be able to do it 5-10 times in a couple hours and get enough currency to start FP totems.

THank you so much, super helpful - much appreciated.
Hi,
I’m very interested in this build... I’ve never played a totem hiero before. Some questions:
- how is survivability in general? Is it somewhat tankier than my BF/BB assassin build?
- is it viable with a 8-10ex budget? I mean... will I be able to clear T14+ Conquerors and A5 (at least) Sirus?
- are Ultimatums doable “reliably” (without the constant worry of being one-shotted by anything that moves)?

Thanks a lot!
Greetings!

First time playing a totem build, I've been playing mostly ball lightning miner the last few leagues and wanted something new-ish, I'm really liking it.

I was wondering if anyone could point me towards my next path of progression? I feel like my damage has hit a wall and just doesn't feel as good anymore trying to do guardian map bosses.

Thanks in advance!
Why you didn't write in leveling up you have to choose to do freezing pulse jewel from the vendor?
"
kaeleb85 wrote:
Hi,
I’m very interested in this build... I’ve never played a totem hiero before. Some questions:
- how is survivability in general? Is it somewhat tankier than my BF/BB assassin build?
- is it viable with a 8-10ex budget? I mean... will I be able to clear T14+ Conquerors and A5 (at least) Sirus?
- are Ultimatums doable “reliably” (without the constant worry of being one-shotted by anything that moves)?

Thanks a lot!

I think that build have very good survi, even when you have berserker playstyle .
In this point of league you cean easly clear event the t16 maps with items that costs 8-10 ex ( Viridi's, 6l soul mantle, coward legacy, pandemonius ).

While making the last hundred maps, I died maybe once in ultimatum.
"
kaeleb85 wrote:

I haven't played one, but probably not, no. The aim is to DPS everything down with your totems facing the danger, not you. We phase and run around a lot during ultimatums.

"
kaeleb85 wrote:
is it viable with a 8-10ex budget? I mean... will I be able to clear T14+ Conquerors and A5 (at least) Sirus?

Yes, not a problem. I'm not certain of current prices, but 6 link soul mantle, pandemonius, 21/20 freezing pulse, viridi's veil, coward's legacy - something like this can do T16s and A9 sirus.

"
kaeleb85 wrote:

I suspect you need to spend more than 10ex to be able to do T16 ultimatums without regard for mods. You'll want something like 150k hideout DPS to do them reliably (auras on, nothing else). But you can do T13, T14 ultimatums on that kind of budget.

"
I was wondering if anyone could point me towards my next path of progression? I feel like my damage has hit a wall and just doesn't feel as good anymore trying to do guardian map bosses.

21/20 FP - you may as well corrupt your 20/20 for one before going to buy

Triple notable large jewels are expensive, but doubles are much cheaper and should be a decent upgrade

Single mod watcher's eye

Awakened DPS gems

"
chudy91x wrote:
Why you didn't write in leveling up you have to choose to do freezing pulse jewel from the vendor?

Why didn't you read the post?

"
You'll also unlock Freezing Pulse at this point, and while we won't be using it to level, it's not a bad idea to buy at least one and level it in a wand in your weapon swap alternate weapon set
Last edited by NoImagination on May 2, 2021, 3:41:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info