[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

Btw. Any reason why we don’t go for dying sun in this build?
It will convert your forum titles into decorative square badges that use the space next to your forum posts more economically so that you can show off an unlimited number of them at any one time. - GGG, 2018 (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3573673)
"
Pacificator77 wrote:
So you first got the quality modifier, than double corrupt it, then 6Link it ? How many times did you need to try for the double corrupt ?

There are 17 corruption outcomes < ilvl 80. 1/4 times we hit a double corrupt. When we do, we're 15/17 * 13/15 to MISS that double corrupt - about 76%. So we hit a useful corrupt about 1/17 of the time we use the altar.

I just have a spare Mantle to enchant, quality, then corrupt when I hit a room. I didn't target farm it, it's probably just more efficient to buy one already corrupted and go from there.

17 tries at 50c (to buy a pyramid with Apex of Ascension) is more expensive than buying one directly right now, although doing it yourself gives you a (tiny) shot at a double corrupt, or a more common second corruption that's actually useful.

"
faytte wrote:
Cluster jewels in particular are way pricier it seems than in previous leagues. Did you guys craft your own or buy them?

I used a single and then a double notable large to start with, and bought better ones as I had more and more passive points available.

"
yissus wrote:
In this stage of your build is anything that can kill you?. I hope that with more damage and freeze comes the safety. I wanna reach level 100 and I dont know if this is the build for that.

Sure, I don't have enough eHP really, my gems aren't done yet, and I don't care much at level 96. You have to play more cautiously than I prefer if you want to hit the top couple of levels.

You can definitely reach 100 with this build (several people did last league, including me), though I'd skip ultimatums from 98 or 99.

"
Musixx wrote:
Everything is kinda pricy this league, but you also gain a bit easier raw currency through ultimatum.

I prefer to think that chaos orbs are cheap. That explains why fuses, chroms, etc are expensive, and exalts are so high. Harvest crafts are taking the role of chaos spam.

"
Jerle wrote:
Btw. Any reason why we don’t go for dying sun in this build?

We don't need AOE, and the extra projectiles just aren't that useful - we already cover most of the screen. I can see there being use in ultimatums, but I'd be surprised if it were better than other flask options.
Last edited by NoImagination on Apr 27, 2021, 2:12:51 AM
had a great time with this build, i cant believe i never tried freezing pulse, i am up to 326k tooltip dps and it is so strong but now that im in red maps im kinda dying more often, its mostly to random one shots by conqueror snakes or some other jumbo in ultis , not sure how to become more tanky but the dps is insane atm
"
CIoud wrote:
had a great time with this build, i cant believe i never tried freezing pulse, i am up to 326k tooltip dps and it is so strong but now that im in red maps im kinda dying more often, its mostly to random one shots by conqueror snakes or some other jumbo in ultis , not sure how to become more tanky but the dps is insane atm

Doubt that 326k ^^ ( hideout dps = just auras active, _no totems down_ is the measurement technique used in this thread for comparison usually ).

But well, making it significantly more tanky? No, you need to kill / freeze and avoid actually taking hits on higher content, thats the core of the gameplay.
Why Whispers of Doom instead of Flash Freeze? Is it purely for boss kill?
Eventually, you can get better anoints than flash freeze. Whispers of Doom is one, but I prefer Doom Cast, with the aim of taking awakened hextouch 5.

You probably don't want to swap until you have projectile speed on helmet and a wand, and are critting quite often (for the freeze).
Pandemonious is a DPS loss for me in PoB. Does anyone have opinions or concrete data on how much it helps survivability? Anything to keep me up in Ultimatums... I survive most of them but occasionally get clapped in juiced 15s and 16s and would like that to stop...
Re-asking and hoping for more answers.
Less dmg with pandemonious.
Why?

In settings, are enemies counted as chilled?

But in general, Pandemonius is not a miracle. It's just an amulet, and it's entirely possible to get better ones.

From Ritual and Harvest respectively.
Last edited by NoImagination on Apr 27, 2021, 10:00:44 AM
Hey just wanted to know what i should use seeing as i cant afford a cluster jewel

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info