[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
bex_HB wrote:
this is kind of annoying, also gut flash freeze on amu to improve, but still remarkably more oneshots than in rituals, not to speak of map content which is as usually rather trivial.?

Yes, it's much more dangerous than Ritual league was.

Given this:

"
NoImagination wrote:
For defence, I'm using stone golem in the stoneskin CWDT, phase run, vaal cold snap and vaal grace.

I needed this DPS per area, with normal map mods.

~105k in T16
~70k in T14
~40k in T11

Harder map mods needs higher DPS. Right now, mostly I think I'd worry about life/elemental resist more than damage mods.
Last edited by NoImagination on Apr 20, 2021, 1:12:50 PM
So are there any other spells that would work in place of freezing pulse? I have mild epilepsy and find that the pulse frequency is giving me headaches. Love the build just might have to find a different build unless anything else will work. (could just switch it all over the holy flame totem I guess)

thanks
Some people have used ice spear, though I imagine it has the same problem.
Hello,

What quality gems should i improve first ?
"
Ev1lw1z wrote:
So are there any other spells that would work in place of freezing pulse? I have mild epilepsy and find that the pulse frequency is giving me headaches. Love the build just might have to find a different build unless anything else will work. (could just switch it all over the holy flame totem I guess)

thanks

well - much of the builds "character" is centered upon the fact that high area coverage ( pushed even more by high proj speed ) paired with freeze potential gives you some sort of "safety" against one shots ( basically its a pair : 1. KILL THEM FIRST and 2. FREEZE THEM IF POSSIBLE ).

the build itself has no major defensive layers besides some end. charges,
so this is crucial in todays "kill or be killed" gameplay on higher levels.
of course you will target to reach 7.5-8k ehp in the end, but nowadays this is not enough, "tanky builds" work with high incoming dmg. reduction, ideally paired with some block ... we have some endurance charges, but still not comparable to builds with enhanced "maximum res" ( this is HUGE ! ), explicit reductions for physical, block etc.

still in terms of survivability we are quite okayish in the "family of totem hierophants" i am aware of, especially adding the high boss dps to the calculation, thats a really strong one on this build

of course ... there are things like ball lightning, but i doubt this has comparable survivability, especially in the ultimatum circle ( if you can speak of this, i currently struggle a little here, but only 20% of my dps of last league, so long way to go ).
and for bosses i am sure we win against a ball lightning totem hiero ( same budget assumed )
holy flame totem imho is not closely to comparable to the capabilities of the FP totem build - in the end of course it depends on what you try to achieve as a goal ( Sirus 9, Maven or things like "The Feared" i would not try to do with Holy Flame totem for example, but the boundary might lie way lower, no idea, i just used it until level 65 or so ).

if you have problems with effects ... do you know the guides of the user "Wrecker of days" here in forums? he suffers from post concussion syndrom and makes builds that safe you from sudden effects.

he has multiple builds, usually something for everyone i guess.

gl.
Last edited by bex_HB on Apr 20, 2021, 2:28:34 PM
"
chocho56 wrote:
Hello,

FP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all

you want proj. speed as it increases your area coverage

... or was it " of all the other gems " ?
"
bex_HB wrote:
"
chocho56 wrote:
Hello,

FP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all

you want proj. speed as it increases your area coverage

... or was it " of all the other gems " ?

Yeah all the other gems :) Got a 21/19q FP
If you have no awakened gems, you may as well do hypothermia or multiple totems support, as you'll be replacing the others. Then I just quality awakened gems as I get them.
Is it worth to swap to Ice spear for bossing?
Hey Noimagination
How are you having 100k dps in ho>?
how are you calculating
I have 6l cowards hatred and pain attunement but im only at 38k.
Sure my wands are shit but i left those for last could that be it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info