[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
Wallach wrote:

Can you be more specific? Which video and which skill tree?

In totem leveling guide - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C_kigayKTQ

you talk about upgrading DIVINE FURY

BUT on this link you provide - https://tinyurl.com/2hush2pc

You dont upgrade it any reason why is different ? and which guide we should follow ?

Yeah, so my leveling recommendation is to level with Holy Flame Totem, and switch over to the Freezing Pulse setup later. You can check out the text guide here (both the Leveling Tips section and the Switching to Freezing Pulse Totems sections) to get a better idea of all that. The link you're posting there is just the level 95 skill tree for Freezing Pulse totems. The Path of Building import in the first post however has act-by-act leveling trees for the Holy Flame Totem path (the skills for which you can find in the Leveling Tips section until I decide the best way to implement those into the Path of Building link as well).

Sorry for the problems I have caused, this is my first time playing this game. I enjoy the game and I'm doing all the side quests, currently im at the end of ACT 3, so without respect best is to follow this link - https://tinyurl.com/2hush2pc ???

Which from your characters has the perfect build so I can copy from them maybe ?

Kind Regards, and I would like to thank you for all the effort you are providing to this community!
Last edited by CajkanHoly on Apr 20, 2021, 9:06:49 AM
Are you guys still using Vaal Righteous Fire?
Those who already reach t16, how the ultimatum so far? Can you survive the full wave?
"
Ser10uSam wrote:

I used it until recently. I too often died or was nearly dying when I activated it. Instantly dropping to <40% life is really risky and in my opinion not worth the spell damage anymore.
But I haven't found a good alternative to socket here. If some one has a good idea, let me know.
Hey guys, I bought atziri reflection so I need to buy virdi's veil?] too?
On VRF, that pretty much went from free damage to free death. They clearly wanted to change up what Vaal skills are being used, and killing that was part of the plan.

On t16 Ulti, I can't imagine doing those. I just started mapping with HFT and a 4L, so a long way to go. But wave 1 in a t1 map is already about as difficult as wave 5 in act 10.

Of course, if it's like every other league mechanic, the whole point was to make it nearly impossible for even the best players out of the gate, and it will get nerfed back to a more normal difficulty level over the next few weeks. They seem to find that funny. Or as Chris said, it's good to be able to laugh at your player base.

For leveling, you have a small chance to get a decent item, but it could still be a decent item that's unimportant in your build, and not worth enough in trade. My approach was to look at the first item, and only run the trial if I could use that item. Of course I tried a bunch of other times, and there was almost never anything more worthwhile in subsequent waves. In fact, I rarely saw any improvement in the quality of rewards, even doing 4-5 trials. It happened sometimes, but only about as often as you would expect from rng.
Last edited by GreyLensman on Apr 20, 2021, 10:56:59 AM
I can do any mod T14 and most T16 at the moment. I just need more DPS (& projectile speed) to do any mod T16 too, which is fine - I'm only 105k hideout DPS right now and missing several important items, and even links.

For defence, I'm using stone golem in the stoneskin CWDT, phase run, vaal cold snap and vaal grace.
Hey Wallach, thanks for the build, it's going great so far, managed to accumulate some currency so started doing serious gear upgrades.
I am still leveling my gems and wands are nowhere near perfect, I have them almost since the start of mapping.
So far the damage is great even in high tier maps, ultimatum is tough but manageable, chill and freeze really helps a ton.
Will post future gear upgrades hopefully soon.

Last edited by widmox on Apr 20, 2021, 11:21:17 AM
"
Ser10uSam wrote:

I'm going to test Vaal Haste in there I think. It should be a decent enough boost without the scary downside.

hey guys, what are your experiences with the ultimatums?

i never die on normal maps so far, but ultimatums have great oneshot potential.

sitting atm still at 39k hideout dps ( 5l and stuff ... we know it ^^ ) t10-t11 present no issue from content or bosses, however i even manage to die on t5 maps in ultimatums via oneshot ( 6k ehp at level 88 atm ).

this is kind of annoying, also gut flash freeze on amu to improve, but still remarkably more oneshots than in rituals, not to speak of map content which is as usually rather trivial.

did not take much time yet to check what the different options to be selected mean for us, maybe there are some to avoid?
Last edited by bex_HB on Apr 20, 2021, 1:08:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info