[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
Skua99 wrote:
I see that Wallach is using 'Trigger a socketed spell when you use a skill' to trigger 'Cold Snap' on one of his wands instead of the level one CWDT. This seems like a good idea. Is there a down side to this besides loosing a place on the wand to do an additional craft?

There is not, though as you need projectile speed as a wand mod too, it's a relatively large downside.
"
NoImagination wrote:
"
Skua99 wrote:
I see that Wallach is using 'Trigger a socketed spell when you use a skill' to trigger 'Cold Snap' on one of his wands instead of the level one CWDT. This seems like a good idea. Is there a down side to this besides loosing a place on the wand to do an additional craft?

There is not, though as you need projectile speed as a wand mod too, it's a relatively large downside.

Good advice. As I do not currently have the projectile speed recipe but do have the trigger one, I may as well trigger for now.
Has anyone made double large cluster jewels work? I am having trouble getting a decent tree in PoB, with Thread of Hope or not. I'd love to get a curse medium cluster jewel in somewhere, cull & unnerve would be huge.

Edit: Took it over one of my normal medium cluster jewels, I guess this is the best of both worlds for now.
Last edited by NoImagination on Jan 31, 2021, 4:56:19 AM
I just spent over 200 chromatics trying to get three green sockets on my Soul Mantle. Seriously, wtf.
Use 1g crafting bench recipe. The average is > 200 chroms. https://siveran.github.io/calc.html
First of all, thanks for the guide. I am really enjoying it. ATM with 137k hideout dps and smoothly farming all content.

Also I cannot understand how people are frustrated with using like 200 jewelers or 1k fusings and not getting the colours they need or 6 linking their chest ... just spend 5k fusings on my second chars chest with no 6 link ... gave up and bought a 6 link craft ... so all in all put 24ex in the linking of this chest alone :P Well I guess sometimes you get the short stick ...

anyways again really cool build and probs my league starter for the next leagues to come.

Ps: How would you guys compare FP totems to Dark Pact totems (with astral projector) in terms of clearing, survivability, Boss dps?
"
NoImagination wrote:
"
spysy wrote:
Do you recommend void batteries at all or are the hunter ones better?

Also, do you not recommend running the Brutal Restraint jewel if I'm not best in slot or have any cluster jewels? It's only 8c and its giving me a lot of dex. Is clear mind better until I get to the best in slot scenario with my build?

Brutal restraint is in the guide. Void Batteries are OK, I haven't compared market prices to tell if its economical though.

I know, it's in the end game tree though, whereas your other tree shows 2 first snow, a self flag and a clear mind, I'm asking if it's ok to run the brutal restraint over one of them if I'm not up to any clusters or will I lose too much dps?
Brutal restraint most easily replaces clear mind. The other three are core for the build, clear mind is DPS.
Last edited by NoImagination on Jan 31, 2021, 10:57:33 AM
Hi,
returned to this build after Vortex appeared for me to suck, good decision, already able to clear most maps including t16.

Now i ask myself some questions, maybe someone has a tip ( as i think about the cluster switch )

1.) i got 50k unbuffed hideout dps, with level 21 fp gem and 2x +1cold on wands ( only 4 power charges active ), this is already enough for main map clears ... so some guys really reach 150-200k hideout dps quite easily here, you really mean hideout-dps as described, not PoB dps? This sounds insane :P

2.) which notables to go for on the cluster jewels?

3.) last one : using cowards legacy will decrease life even more, so do i see it right that our primary defensive will be "freeze and kill fast, before even beeing able to be hit" ? :D

Thank you :)
Last edited by bex_HB on Jan 31, 2021, 11:07:05 AM
"
bex_HB wrote:
1.) i got 50k unbuffed hideout dps, with level 21 fp gem and 2x +1cold on wands ( only 4 power charges active ), this is already enough for main map clears ... so some guys really reach 150-200k hideout dps quite easily here, you really mean hideout-dps as described, not PoB dps? This sounds insane :P

I'm > 300k hideout DPS with auras only in hideout. Wallach has a cluster jewel guide on the first page, but there're a lot of notables that work just fine. For my large jewel, I have Blanketed Snow, Disorienting Display and Prismatic Heart. For the first medium, it's Cold Conduction and Overshock. For the second, Master of Fear and Whispers of Death.

"
bex_HB wrote:
3.) last one : using cowards legacy will decrease life even more, so do i see it right that our primary defensive will be "freeze and kill fast, before even beeing able to be hit" ? :D

It's definitely not a face tank build, but it's possible to be > 8k eHP with the above kind of DPS. I'm 7.6k at the moment. But yes, that's the basic idea.
Last edited by NoImagination on Jan 31, 2021, 11:35:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info