[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
kaygee82 wrote:
Asag, I dont "like" you. Here I've been trying to 6 link my mantle for several days and you just link em east and west! (Just kidding, im just VERY jealous :P )

Dont worry, Im pretty sure they will all "poof" at altar :(

@Grogamanda
Why the hell you use GMP and empower? Empower not that bad but GMP? Just throwing this gem away and replacing it with Awakened Added Cold Damage gonna boost your damage alot. Even normal added cold damage will be better if you cant afford awakened version.

Last edited by Asag on Jan 30, 2021, 6:07:45 PM
oops....

THe GMP is there for clearing....I have a 20/20 added cold damage to swap back out.. EMpower was just trying something....multiple totems is lvl21 in back slot weapons at moment.

:-O

You don't need GMP for clearing as your totems are already clearing fast. And your empower gem is level 2, it's not that good.

Try to read the entire guide before you start doing stuff on your own. The author has tested everything in terms of FP totem. You can just follow whatever he has in terms of gear and gem links.

@GRogamanda
Last edited by Mingdacious on Jan 30, 2021, 6:19:23 PM
Gems Reset and installed correctly - POB updated :

https://pastebin.com/md9t0CpU

Toolltip DPS doing nothing other than hatred aura is 72K

152K with all curses and flasks popped :-(

Cant seem to get close to the numbers you are talking about - will have to buy more awakened gems :-(

"
NoImagination wrote:
"
Wallach wrote:
Yeah, I actually like having the 70% mana regen boot sometimes. I have it on the boots I'm currently working on as a project (with the elevated non-damaging ailments) and I might just leave it so it is more comfortable to get out of Clear Mind. Penetration is a very easy DPS boost if you can find it though. Thanks for the helm earlier by the way.

Well, thanks for the exalted orbs, and congrats on 100!

"
ChrisWello wrote:
I have upgraded my character a bit, but still cant clear a single t14 map without dying at least once... Starting to get a lil bit frustrating. Any ide what to improve I have like 6 exalts an 100ish chaos.

Coward's legacy is 120c, Pancemonius is 100c, and your main hand wand is easy to upgrade - it only has 3 DPS mods that help you. Those are all large upgrades.

Then you probably want another medium cluster jewel and a Watcher's Eye. Cold pen & crit chance ones are expensive, but increased cold damage is 1ex, or 3 for added flat.

"
Asag wrote:
167 fuses, then 33 fuses then 67 fuses

Like I said before, it's cheaper on average to link after you hit a corruption, but I guess that isn't true if you link so cheaply!

Thanks for the tips. I did the upgrades and it feels damaging as hell. Altough ive lost like 300 hp.. but if i kill them first im good.
Ugh, just failed Maven boosted Uber Atziri twice. My goal this league is to solo all of the new bosses. Not sure if I'm just not doing enough damage to insta phase her, or if my player/mechanic skill is just low.

Sitting at around 125K HO tooltip damage. Was able to get her down to around 25% on my last attempt, but avoiding the one-hit-kill fire rings just becomes impossible at a certain point into the fight.

I'm dreading to even try the Breachlord fight. Worried that if I fail it again with my second character, I might just give up PoE for a while, lol.

Any tips (profile is public if anyone wants to see).

Pantheon probably needs a bit of work, but other than that I think I've made all of the big upgrades.

Getting one more skill point will up tooltip damage by about 3K, but I don't think I'll go past 96.

Totem was one of the first builds I played in PoE, way back when there were only 4 acts. I love the dart/cast/hide style, and mapping is so fun on this build. So are bosses when I have room to maneuver and hide. Definitely glass cannon feel, and that can be fun, but also super-frustrating when it doesn't seem like there is anything I can do.
Do you recommend void batteries at all or are the hunter ones better?

Also, do you not recommend running the Brutal Restraint jewel if I'm not best in slot or have any cluster jewels? It's only 8c and its giving me a lot of dex. Is clear mind better until I get to the best in slot scenario with my build?
Last edited by spysy on Jan 31, 2021, 12:03:07 AM
"
GRogamanda wrote:
Toolltip DPS doing nothing other than hatred aura is 72K

You have a large cluster jewel but none of the passives allocated. You can free up points by removing Throatseeker and Written in Blood. You'll want two medium jewels, a small, and a Watcher's Eye after that.

"
GrimzEcho wrote:
Sitting at around 125K HO tooltip damage. Was able to get her down to around 25% on my last attempt, but avoiding the one-hit-kill fire rings just becomes impossible at a certain point into the fight.

[...]

Pantheon probably needs a bit of work, but other than that I think I've made all of the big upgrades.

I think you've made the normal big upgrades too.

I'd trade a life node for crit multi on the route to Shaman's Dominion. I'd also take the Precision passive for dex rather than the Legion jewel unless there's something great in the radius. Coordination instead of the remaining Purity of Flesh small life node is probably an improvement too. Do you need all the mana you have right now?

You can get mana on boots to help drop passive points there. You can probably find DPS from your flasks too. Then it's still like clear mind to a better cobalt jewel, and adding a low level precision aura.

After that, you're into the expensive stuff. Double mod Eye, 6 DPS node wands - your main wand has effectively 4 - double +1 gem amulet. Double or triple damage mods on gloves is possible too.

You can also buy unlinked decently-rolled Soul Mantles, quality them, then corrupt them. It takes quite a lot of tries to do, but you'll eventually get a +gems roll. Then you can crafting bench socket, colour, and link it. I haven't been following the market price this season, but this route is normally a lot cheaper.

For the wand, it's worth setting up a weighted sum search, you'll need to google how if you haven't done one before.
Last edited by NoImagination on Jan 31, 2021, 1:49:03 AM
"
spysy wrote:
Do you recommend void batteries at all or are the hunter ones better?

Also, do you not recommend running the Brutal Restraint jewel if I'm not best in slot or have any cluster jewels? It's only 8c and its giving me a lot of dex. Is clear mind better until I get to the best in slot scenario with my build?

Brutal restraint is in the guide. Void Batteries are OK, I haven't compared market prices to tell if its economical though.
I see that Wallach is using 'Trigger a socketed spell when you use a skill' to trigger 'Cold Snap' on one of his wands instead of the level one CWDT. This seems like a good idea. Is there a down side to this besides loosing a place on the wand to do an additional craft?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info