[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
NoImagination wrote:
"
bex_HB wrote:
1.) i got 50k unbuffed hideout dps, with level 21 fp gem and 2x +1cold on wands ( only 4 power charges active ), this is already enough for main map clears ... so some guys really reach 150-200k hideout dps quite easily here, you really mean hideout-dps as described, not PoB dps? This sounds insane :P

I'm > 300k hideout DPS with auras only in hideout. Wallach has a cluster jewel guide on the first page, but there're a lot of notables that work just fine. For my large jewel, I have Blanketed Snow, Disorienting Display and Prismatic Heart. For the first medium, it's Cold Conduction and Overshock. For the second, Master of Fear and Whispers of Death.

"
bex_HB wrote:
3.) last one : using cowards legacy will decrease life even more, so do i see it right that our primary defensive will be "freeze and kill fast, before even beeing able to be hit" ? :D

It's definitely not a face tank build, but it's possible to be > 8k eHP with the above kind of DPS. I'm 7.6k at the moment. But yes, that's the basic idea.

OK ty :)

But i saw anyway, your build is a little different, you went the Atziris-way, this offers some more possibilities stacking up life / res ( Helmet ) and same time you can run a second essence worm with Zealotry :)

Ok, i will see maybe i try that later, first i save up for the cluster jewels ... and try to find out how to craft them with harvest... i am not a crafting guy ( = actually hate that part of the game :D )
"
bex_HB wrote:
OK ty :)

But i saw anyway, your build is a little different, you went the Atziris-way, this offers some more possibilities stacking up life / res ( Helmet ) and same time you can run a second essence worm with Zealotry :)

Ok, i will see maybe i try that later, first i save up for the cluster jewels ... and try to find out how to craft them with harvest... i am not a crafting guy ( = actually hate that part of the game :D )

I did, but I don't think it makes much difference until further towards the top end.

I just bought the cluster jewels, I figure harvest crafts are more useful for me elsewhere.
Made to level 90 for the first time in HC with this build. Always loved Freezing Pulse, glad to see a viable build out of it this late in the game. Awesome build!!
hi, for cluster jewels, you use Cold conduction node on medium cluster.
Do it works with totems ?
because its written : Enemies Chilled by YOUR HITS are Shocked.

then, if its work, can we take the Sadist Node on Large cluster jewel and have 2 bonuses out of the 3 ?
"
moumout wrote:

then, if its work, can we take the Sadist Node on Large cluster jewel and have 2 bonuses out of the 3 ?

It works because there's a technical difference between "you" and "your hits". Spell Totem uses your skills rather than their own, so they count as "your hits", even though totems aren't "you." Sadist however won't work because you are not the one causing the ailments (even if the totems are applying those ailments with your skills).
"
Wallach wrote:
"
moumout wrote:

It works because there's a technical difference between "you" and "your hits". Spell Totem uses your skills rather than their own, so they count as "your hits", even though totems aren't "you." Sadist however won't work because you are not the one causing the ailments (even if the totems are applying those ailments with your skills).

thank you for your fast reply, im loving this build, really fun to play.

This is my 3rd league playing this build, awesome build guide btw. Managed to double corrupt a +3 in temple. Would swapping multi totem with empower 4 be better or around the same. Also not to sure what to upgrade next, maybe the gloves or a better wand?
Why not immortal call since we have endurance charges generated?
"
teadrinker89 wrote:

This is my 3rd league playing this build, awesome build guide btw. Managed to double corrupt a +3 in temple. Would swapping multi totem with empower 4 be better or around the same. Also not to sure what to upgrade next, maybe the gloves or a better wand?

Congratulations, you don't see many of those in a season. Multi totem probably still better.

First of all, I'd get a watcher's eye if I were you. While it's possible to get better wands and gloves, perhaps flasks are easier to upgrade at the moment. I'd be looking at +2 gems on the amulet after that. Also, it's worth getting quality on elemental weakness.

"
NoStRoMoSs wrote:
Why not immortal call since we have endurance charges generated?

We have minimum endurance charges rather than generated charges, so they aren't consumed by IC.
dumb question for Wallach (or anyone reading), how are you getting +5 to freezing pulse? i see +2 from wands and +1 from awakened cold but i'm not sure where the extra two come from.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info