[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
Wallach wrote:
"
Mentalmike wrote:
Ok, it is completely impossible for me to fight the Breachlord's Maven fight.

Instantly KO'd no matter what I do, cant even enter the arena because Esh just stun locks me or Tul freeze locks me.

Did it with white invitation, no mods, was worse than the 1st attempt, at least that first attempt I killed one. Tul and Esh are my problem. Permanently frozen/shocked/stunned.

How have others beaten this fight?

If it is purely because of DPS, then I have no idea how to improve my DPS without paying 10's and 10's of exalts. No idea how people have 250k hideout DPS. I have 95k (no auras, golem, curses etc, just standing still). With Hatred it is 124k.

Wand upgrades most likely not possible as currently I can not find any on the market except overpriced ones like 3ex+ and even then they are just t3/2 mods.

I have gone from 0 maps to A8 Sirus without a SINGLE Jun or Alva mission in Atlas (not possible to spawn and I don't get any daily missions for them except the 1x per day) so half of the good progression systems are locked out for me.

And to add more insult to injury. 182 Alterations used on my diamond flask to try and get the immunity to freeze mod...still didn't get it.

While I do think the breachlords fight is probably the hardest of the new endgame fights for this build, I'm not sure why you're having that bad of a time with this one.

As far as the flasks go, remember you can use beastcrafting to force the "of Heat" suffix to get freeze/chill immunity on a flask. Just roll for a decent prefix like Chemist's and beastcraft the suffix on there. You definitely do need some form of protection against freeze or Tul will make things even harder than he would be otherwise. I'm also not sure about the Atziri's, you should get more DPS out of a Silver flask while also having another magic flask to craft something like Shock immunity on.

Your eHP is a little on the low side right now due to the lower life & mana rolls on your glove / boot slots, so if I targeted any upgrades right now it would be on those slots.

Also, looking at the skill gems you currently have equipped - you are not reserving any of your mana currently, right? You have a few reservation gems right now like Clarity, Haste and Herald of Thunder, but hopefully none of those are actually being turned on as you will definitely need your mana for eHP at the moment (and to keep the damage from your Clear Mind active).

For a relatively cheap / small DPS boost, you could also hit that Watcher's Eye with a couple Divine Orbs. You're pretty close to min roll on all three important affixes so it shouldn't take more than a couple to get a bit more out of that jewel on the cheap.

Thanks Wallach for your response.
I am not reserving any mana. The clarity, herald etc is just there from levelling and i havent swapped them out as I have no need to. I cant run the chill set up until i get triggered spell mod from jun but as I cant get any syndicate encounters due to an unknown reason (will begin to actually try fixing this tonight) unable to finish that, same with frost bomb.

I do need some divines on the watchers, that is absolutely right. Been hunting for some for a while but may end up buying a few. Have been putting that off.

The life rolls on my gloves and boots, iam desperately hunting for the harvest craft options to become available. I even had one eons ago before i got these boots/gloves but didnt save it (was still learning about harvest).

Good thinking on the beast craft will use that.

All I need is two extra passives on the central atlas passive tree, then my entire end game set up is sorted for grinding out everything until iam pumped up enough to do the other two fights.

Do you expect the synthesis maven fights to be easier than the breachloard's?
Also what about the final one where you fight elder, shaper, atziri, cortext & Chy's (5th breachlord)? Surely this is harder than the breachlord's maven fight?
hey, i am playing an arc variant in hc. level 89 atm. do you guys know if totems can apply blind through Disorienting Display in a Cluster Jewel? Looks like a good defense. I have level FP too just incase I wanna switch over.

EDIT: NVM I DIED... stupidily
Last edited by bakotako on Jan 29, 2021, 7:06:48 PM
Guys I have two questions.

What are best watcher eye mods for Hatred and for Zealotry from like nr 1 to 3?

Also while trying to roll Blanketed Snow/Vengefull Commander large jewel I got 2x other good combos for other builds that I sold for few exalts so probably I will end up just buying my variant.

To get the "useless" third mod behind the two I need it must be between Blanketed Snow and Vengefull Commander while checking on trade site right? So for example:

Blanketed Snow
Useless mod
Vengefull Commander

Is this right? Dont wanna waste 10+ exalts for wrong order.
Quick Question guys, i just got a Timeless Jewel that, when next to the Mystic Bulwark notable, gives me 15% chance to double damage

Do totems get access to this double damage also?
I ended up dropping Disciple of Kitava, swapped to a chaos res small cluster. Not being negative chaos res is actually pretty good :3

Also dropped my Clear Mind for a Elegant Hubris with Cadiro, which give Supreme Decadence, so my flask can give ES too. Arcane Vision become a free notable too.

"
Asag wrote:
Guys I have two questions.

What are best watcher eye mods for Hatred and for Zealotry from like nr 1 to 3?

Also while trying to roll Blanketed Snow/Vengefull Commander large jewel I got 2x other good combos for other builds that I sold for few exalts so probably I will end up just buying my variant.

To get the "useless" third mod behind the two I need it must be between Blanketed Snow and Vengefull Commander while checking on trade site right? So for example:

Blanketed Snow
Useless mod
Vengefull Commander

Zealotry:
1. Critical Strikes Penetrate (8-10)% of Enemy Elemental Resistances while affected by Zealotry
2. Consecrated Ground you create while affected by Zealotry causes enemies to take (8-10)% increased Damage
3. Either the increased crit or cast speed one, depend on setup

Hatred:
1. +(1.2-1.8)% to Critical Strike Chance while affected by Hatred
2. Damage Penetrates (10-15)% Cold Resistance while affected by Hatred
3. Either the added cold or increased cold %, both are kind of bad

A good 2-mod Zealotry Watcher's Eye will always be cheaper than Hatred, but if you use double aura, you can maybe get a decent hybrid one.

As for Large Cluster Jewel, I can't really say since I don't use one personally.

"
Rihiant wrote:
Quick Question guys, i just got a Timeless Jewel that, when next to the Mystic Bulwark notable, gives me 15% chance to double damage

Do totems get access to this double damage also?

Yes, spells used by totem are based on our damage, so if your double damage apply to you, it will apply to your totem also.
Last edited by loloppe on Jan 29, 2021, 8:50:20 PM
Is there any alternative option that compares to the large cluster jewel, currently is around 13ex on Rsc ? thanks
GL HF
"
NoImagination wrote:

If it helps I'm 279k hideout DPS but I doubt you need that much. To just clear them, you can run them white.
n go from there.

"
NoImagination wrote:
"
dperls wrote:
When comparing hideout dps, is that just standing still or getting your curses up and spamming totems?

I think it's best to just stand still. Auras are fine, nothing else.

Just to confirm, your tooltip DPS for Freezing Pulse with nothing but Hatred active is 279k!!! (no Self-Flag bonuses, etc)??

Wow, I have a long way to go. I'm level 92 and thought I had followed the guide + Wallach's character pretty well, but am only sitting at 78.5K tooltip damage.

I came over to this build after being unable to clear the Beachloard Maven fight with my Reave Gladiator.

Could you take a look and let me know what the most impactful changes I could make? I can't see what I can do to increase my damage by 350%!

I have around 10ex to spend. I know I'm missing a Watcher's Eye, and could be running a dual-wand setup (but I really need the extra life and block chance right to no get one hit by mobs on T16 maps). I'm also waiting a couple levels for the two passive points I need to run large/medium/medium/class cluster setup. Awakened gems are low level. Will replacing them with higher level versions result in a huge tooltip DPS increase?

Flasks need some help, but I'm more interested in base damage, and I'm not seeing how I can hit 200k tooltip, let alone 250 or 275.

I got a pair of gloves to drop with 55% Increased Critical Strike Chance Against Shocked Enemies while in a temple.

Will this function with the Cold Conduit from a medium jewel until I can afford upgrade?

"
Spodidy wrote:
I got a pair of gloves to drop with 55% Increased Critical Strike Chance Against Shocked Enemies while in a temple.

Will this function with the Cold Conduit from a medium jewel until I can afford upgrade?

Yes, assuming they are chilled (which will shock).
"
bakotako wrote:
hey, i am playing an arc variant in hc. level 89 atm. do you guys know if totems can apply blind through Disorienting Display in a Cluster Jewel? Looks like a good defense. I have level FP too just incase I wanna switch over.

EDIT: NVM I DIED... stupidily

Totems can blind through disorienting display, it's nice for before/after pandemonius.

"
Asag wrote:

Blanketed Snow
Useless mod
Vengefull Commander

I don't know how this works, but there are a ton of 3rd mods that are actually perfectly good for us, so if it doesn't affect the price, it's worth taking one of those.

"
GrimzEcho wrote:
Just to confirm, your tooltip DPS for Freezing Pulse with nothing but Hatred active is 279k!!! (no Self-Flag bonuses, etc)??
Wow, I have a long way to go. I'm level 92 and thought I had followed the guide + Wallach's character pretty well, but am only sitting at 78.5K tooltip damage.

Yep, 282k at the moment, only auras are on. I did a stupid on my gloves yesterday by forgetting there was a life suffix too, but without that it's also > 8k eHP.

Spoiler

"
GrimzEcho wrote:
but I really need the extra life and block chance right to no get one hit by mobs on T16 maps

If you're going to take a shield, a DPS one seems OK to me. But higher DPS is good in itself, as it freezes and kills so many things before they hit you.

"
GrimzEcho wrote:
Flasks need some help, but I'm more interested in base damage, and I'm not seeing how I can hit 200k tooltip, let alone 250 or 275.

It's about lots of small gains, plus a few larger ones. The Eye, wand, chest, cluster jewels, and amulet on my character are all large improvements at 280k dps. All are > 10%, some are > 20% gains.

Higher level awakened gems are part of the small gains. Also better first snow, and stuff like damage mods on gloves and helmet.

I also have five more levels, and that helps a lot as we're mostly into DPS passive points near the end.
Last edited by NoImagination on Jan 29, 2021, 11:46:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info