[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

One more idea- for boss (if it doesnt have minions) you could swap 1 (or both?) First Snow jewels for something else (more dps), as FreesingPulse is not shotgunning, so it doesnt matter if it has 1, 3 or 5 projectiles, right?
Seems like the Mind Over Matter discussion is mostly resolved, but yeah, at 40% you need a 3:2 ratio if you want to cover your entire life pool against a single hit. If you ever want to know how much life your (unreserved) mana is protecting you can just do the following:

(mana) / (portion taken from mana) * (portion taken from life)

So for example if you had 3,000 mana and a 40% Mind Over Matter value:

3,000 / .4 * .6 = 4,500 life protected

As for the Crusader rings, it's been brought up before and I thought about adding them to the guide for a while. Other than just guide size restrictions here on the forums I often bump into, my main issue with them is just opportunity cost.

They are definitely superior to Kikazaru rings by themselves, but are really just an intermediate step between Kikazarus and a Viridi's Veil / Atziri's Reflection setup, where you'd need your ring slots back again. Before Viridi's, you have a fairly large burden on currency once you're in the basic Soul Mantle / Kikazaru setup, so any kind of investment that isn't going to survive the transition into the higher scaling setup can be kind of a waste. This will be especially true from 3.13 on with Viridi's Veil allowing you to get out of Kikazarus at a much lower cost (and thus shorter time frame).

That said, from a SSF / HC perspective the Crusader rings are a much more appealing consideration as you'd be in that setup for a much, much longer period of time. To that end I think they are a good investment. Still, I do write this guide mainly from a SC trade perspective, and I don't want to get into the weeds adding sections to the guide for leagues I do not personally play or have my own experience in.

I'll dwell on it as I do the guide updates this weekend for Viridi's Veil details, but at the moment I'm still leaning towards leaving them out of the scope of this guide.
I would appreciate advice on planning my next upgrades. See my character here: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/ebranton/characters
"
ebranton wrote:
I would appreciate advice on planning my next upgrades. See my character here: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/ebranton/characters

20% quality FP, 20/20 corrupted will be cheap.

You can switch belt to Coward's Legacy now that you have the hat.

Then I think I'd be looking to upgrade the amulet to Pandemonius.
What are best boots enchants for this build?
I wonder if its worth to farm lab for boots enchant, kinda expensive when looking for crit boots. And theres not that much different enchant types so its not that hopeless like for helmet.

Also finally got

Can also buy Coward belt but have to fix ressists first.

EDIT;
And new gloves :)
Last edited by Asag on Jan 23, 2021, 4:00:59 PM
Guide says ele penetration, as we ourselves don't kill. I like mana regen for better recovery/totem spam too.

And while we're posting items, now I'm just waiting to find the recipe in the mines...

Last edited by NoImagination on Jan 23, 2021, 3:11:48 PM
Hi,

Last time I player PoE was in Betrayal league. Didn't even finished all story acts. I decided to give it another go. I enjoyed playing totems back then. I found this build and I'm wondering if it is good choice for quite new player? So far everything that is explained in build and tips, seams to be somewhat understandable for me. But I want to get someone more experienced opinion before I commit more time into it. Or maybe someone can even suggest other more new player oriented totem builds?
For end-game: is the Multiple totems support better than Empower ?
"
Pacificator77 wrote:
For end-game: is the Multiple totems support better than Empower ?

For QoL and the feel of the build, the short answer is yes.

If you want to maximise damage, then Empower Lv4 with a +1 corruption is slightly superior (we're talking like 5% more damage, but way more damage per hit, so it's easier to freeze stuff), but then you have to use another gems setup to get extra totems for the ascendancy bonus (damage and regen) AND you don't place two totems at the same time anymore. If you don't get more totems, the damage we lose from the ascendancy out-weight the damage we gain or something like that.

It's just not worth it, we need all of our gems socket for other stuff anyway.

Also, item showcase I guess:

I'm working on getting the only usable belt enchant for my setup and an usable helm enchant.
Last edited by loloppe on Jan 23, 2021, 11:46:29 PM
I know it's not the best way to assess the true DPS, but out of curiosity, what is your tooltip DPS with Zealotry active ? (no flask, I assume you don't have hatred))

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info