[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
loloppe wrote:
"
hyperion1984 wrote:
Has anyone experimented with gem swapping to ice spear for big bosses? How did it go and what did you do? TIA.

The problem with Ice Spear is that it's only good on slow, big or bosses that doesn't move much.

You can use a level 21 one with Rain of Splinters jewel in your tree, the spell will do almost 4x more damage than FP on single target from the shotgunning.

I personally used it to kill Uber Atziri early league for my Atziri's Reflection and was using it for Sirus, but my FP can instaphase A9 Sirus now so it's pretty pointless for me to keep using it.

Also, you kind of have to recast your totems further for Ice Spear to proc it second phase if you want to maximise damage, which is a bit unrealistic in most boss fight.

I checked out your build after reading you instaphase sirus. Curious you like Marylene's Fallacy neck better over pandemonious? Also, why zealotry over hatred?

Last edited by dingleberryman on Jan 22, 2021, 6:19:07 PM
"
loloppe wrote:
"
hyperion1984 wrote:
Has anyone experimented with gem swapping to ice spear for big bosses? How did it go and what did you do? TIA.

The problem with Ice Spear is that it's only good on slow, big or bosses that doesn't move much.

You can use a level 21 one with Rain of Splinters jewel in your tree, the spell will do almost 4x more damage than FP on single target from the shotgunning.

I personally used it to kill Uber Atziri early league for my Atziri's Reflection and was using it for Sirus, but my FP can instaphase A9 Sirus now so it's pretty pointless for me to keep using it.

Also, you kind of have to recast your totems further for Ice Spear to proc it second phase if you want to maximise damage, which is a bit unrealistic in most boss fight.

Thanks. What gem links did you use?
"
loloppe wrote:

I checked out your build after reading you instaphase sirus. Curious you like Marylene's Fallacy neck better over pandemonious? Also, why zealotry over hatred?

Marylene is BIS when you're min-maxing your DPS, it's purely offensive with nothing else and free cull.

You lose the blind and res from Pandemonium, so it's not really "free".

You also need to get a decent amount of Critical Strike Chance to compensate for the minus 40%. I use Bottled Faith + Cinderswallow Urn Crit for this.

Also, Zealotry help with crit. It also put Consecrated Ground under rare and unique monsters which give another bonus to Critical Strike Chance and help apply Bottled Faith too.

Now for the real reason why I'm using Zealotry: Good 2 mods Watchers Eyes are like half the price of a decent Hatred one. I managed to grab the perfect Zealotry 2-mod I wanted for a tiny 17ex. Meanwhile, a base crit Hatred Watcher's Eyes is like 9-10ex by itself and easily 30+ for two mods.
"
hyperion1984 wrote:

Thanks. What gem links did you use?

Exactly the same as FP which is for me:

Added Cold Damage
Controlled Destruction
Cold Penetration
Multiple Totems
Hypothermia

The only difference is that you need to get extra projectile. The jewel is a free +2.
Last edited by loloppe on Jan 22, 2021, 7:10:46 PM

Is this pretty pog? This is my first time playing this build. Also do we want +mana on items? I don't think it affects transfiguration of mind, but is there another benefit?
Last edited by dingleberryman on Jan 22, 2021, 7:35:43 PM
@loloppe Would you please provide insight on running Frost Bite & Elemental Weakness, along with your ring that triggers assassin's mark on hit? How do you run multiple curses? Thanks in advance.
Going to be rerolling into this to get some totem action with about a 15- 20ex budget. Besides veil and soul mantle, what's the best use of the currency?

Also, any differences for twink leveling vs what's in guide?
"
ebranton wrote:
@loloppe Would you please provide insight on running Frost Bite & Elemental Weakness, along with your ring that triggers assassin's mark on hit? How do you run multiple curses? Thanks in advance.

He has whispers of doom as anoint and awakened hextouch support at lvl5 so he can run 3 curses
"
dperls wrote:
Going to be rerolling into this to get some totem action with about a 15- 20ex budget. Besides veil and soul mantle, what's the best use of the currency?

Also, any differences for twink leveling vs what's in guide?

The medium cluster jewel with cold conduction
A good pair of wands
Awakened gems
And obviously good stats on gloves and boots to cap resist + dex requirements

As a side note, Mathil is playing a totem build so i would grab a soul mantle ASAP before the price goes up
no damage from totems at all, what should I do? help me please

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info