[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
Pacificator77 wrote:
I know it's not the best way to assess the true DPS, but out of curiosity, what is your tooltip DPS with Zealotry active ? (no flask, I assume you don't have hatred))

Currently, 209,467.9 tooltip DPS with Zealotry active and the 4 power charges that we get from the ascendancy.

With Self-Flagellation, all flask, arcane surge, 6 totem active and 1000 mana used recently, 588,079.1 tooltip DPS.

That tooltip doesn't include Penetration (Gem, Boots Enchant, Watcher's Eyes), Curses (3), Hypothermia, % Inc Damage with Hits against Chilled Enemies, Shock from Cold Conduction, Frost Bomb Exposure, Cold Snap Bonechill Damage Multiplier, Frenzy Charges (3), % Damage Taken from Enemy (Cinderswallow Urn, Bottled Faith and Watcher's Eyes), Unnerve from Blade Blast, Increased Critical Strike Chance from Consecrated Ground.

And then you have to multiply this by 6 for the real DPS.

I might be forgetting something. Path of Building is telling me around 12m Sirus DPS for now.
Last edited by loloppe on Jan 23, 2021, 10:47:21 PM
Best guide I have seen in a long time. Feels more like a league starter with totems being niche and the gear used being not as expensive (looking at you pledge of hands 7+ exa).

The leveling tips make this a perfect recommendation for my pal, who only recently started with POE. Did not know flamewall and holy flame totem had such smooth leveling.

Thanks for the efforts and videos provided, gave us a great lookout what to expect from it and to have fun.
Quick humble brag (because I got over excited) and then an actual question.

Firstly decided to run a single lab because I got the 6x enchant thing and managed to somehow roll both of these;

Sorry for the message Wallach (Got excited).

Secondly my confusion in this build comes a little down to how projectile speed interacts with freezing pulse.

Is there a soft cap or a tipping point where it makes more sense to invest in another stat - or should I continually pile it on?
Last edited by Jellyzerg on Jan 24, 2021, 6:45:07 AM
Has anyone done any of the special Maven fights with this build? Like Maven Invitation: The Hidden (where you fight the 4 beyond bosses)? Curious as to how this build can before in the harder Maven content.
"
Jellyzerg wrote:
Quick humble brag (because I got over excited) and then an actual question.

Firstly decided to run a single lab because I got the 6x enchant thing and managed to somehow roll both of these;

Sorry for the message Wallach (Got excited).

Secondly my confusion in this build comes a little down to how projectile speed interacts with freezing pulse.

Is there a soft cap or a tipping point where it makes more sense to invest in another stat - or should I continually pile it on?

Both are very nice, congratulations.

I don't think there's much value in projectile speed past a certain point. Maybe 120 or something? I'm 69% from body, 30% from hat, and it's hard to see myself wanting enormously more. It'd be interesting to try with 200+ though.

You really want it to be that you freeze most or all of a ritual circle, past that you aren't gaining much. You can only freeze in the first 25% distance of your projectiles, so perhaps enormous projectile speed just perma-freezes the whole circle.
Last edited by NoImagination on Jan 24, 2021, 8:02:53 AM
"
Psykrom wrote:
Best guide I have seen in a long time. Feels more like a league starter with totems being niche and the gear used being not as expensive (looking at you pledge of hands 7+ exa).

The leveling tips make this a perfect recommendation for my pal, who only recently started with POE. Did not know flamewall and holy flame totem had such smooth leveling.

Thanks for the efforts and videos provided, gave us a great lookout what to expect from it and to have fun.

Hey thanks, I've tried to make the guide as clear as possible. I'll have some more updates to the guide soon to account for Viridi's Veil, I've just been so busy between streaming, uploading the videos and other boring IRL stuff that it isn't in the text guide yet. Make sure your friend checks out the Viridi's Veil video for when he gets that far.

"
GrimzEcho wrote:
Has anyone done any of the special Maven fights with this build? Like Maven Invitation: The Hidden (where you fight the 4 beyond bosses)? Curious as to how this build can before in the harder Maven content.

I've cleared all the encounters in the current expansion at this point, and I feel like the build actually does pretty well for all of them. It is definitely high-tier endgame content so you will probably want to at least be in a solid Viridi's Veil setup with the Coward's Legacy and such, but that barrier is a lot lower than it used to be with Atziri's.

I'd say the hardest of those encounters are the 4 Breachlords, honestly. They are much deadlier than you'd think in that encounter. Of all those multi-boss fights it's the only one that I died on (including the 5 "uber" boss one). Don't take it lightly.
Hey loloppe, I love the idea of triple curse and zealotry, do you think a bottled faith is required? Also do you mind going into your cluster jewel decisions?
Last edited by dperls on Jan 24, 2021, 10:00:20 AM
Hi wallach, im playing this build for the second time and I loooove it. Great guide, thanks for that

What do you guys think about frost shield? I thought it was maybe smart to pop that at the end of a delve, in a tight spot with ritual, before boss battles begin and stuff like that

or is it just unnecessary?
"
dperls wrote:
Hey loloppe, I love the idea of triple curse and zealotry, do you think a bottled faith is required? Also do you mind going into your cluster jewel decisions?

Bottled Faith is the best DPS flask of the game. It's not required but it's something to aim for. But if you want to use Marylene, you might want to wait to have Bottled Faith.

As for cluster, Cold Conduction is the biggest DPS we can get off a Medium cluster. I get a bunch of non-damaging effectiveness to boost the 15% shock we get.

There's other choice, like curse cluster, ranged cluster and totem cluster, but they are mostly giving stuff that I already have (cull, unnerve, proj speed, onslaught, etc.)

Right now I only got like 80% proj speed and I feel it's plenty for the build. I might actually prefer to get Cast Speed on my helmet enchant.
"
Harkee wrote:
Hi wallach, im playing this build for the second time and I loooove it. Great guide, thanks for that

What do you guys think about frost shield? I thought it was maybe smart to pop that at the end of a delve, in a tight spot with ritual, before boss battles begin and stuff like that

or is it just unnecessary?

I use it on CWDT with steelskin, it's pretty useful for rituals. I like to cast my totems underneath it while I run away. It's likely to be one of the first links I drop when I need space though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info