[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

Hey Wallach and other knowledgeable community members, so now that we're gonna run 2 wands, would we prefer having trigger on both of them? for cold snap and frost bomb/frostbite? or is it not necessary?

Also now that we're running a ring, even if its only magic, is it worth getting it as redeemer for the suffix curse frostbite on hit?

Lastly I would really appreciate it if someone gave me some kind of tier list for wand mods that would be good for this build, I want to invest into the wands and having some trouble figuring out what's the best way to go

Thank you so much again!
"
Paintherapy wrote:
Hey Wallach and other knowledgeable community members, so now that we're gonna run 2 wands, would we prefer having trigger on both of them? for cold snap and frost bomb/frostbite? or is it not necessary?

Also now that we're running a ring, even if its only magic, is it worth getting it as redeemer for the suffix curse frostbite on hit?

Lastly I would really appreciate it if someone gave me some kind of tier list for wand mods that would be good for this build, I want to invest into the wands and having some trouble figuring out what's the best way to go

Thank you so much again!

If you want maximum DPS, you want a 6-mod wand. Trigger is for QoL and laziness mostly.

As for ring, if you can get enough resistance to be capped already, curse on hit Assassin's Mark or Frostbite are pretty good, but if you want to maximise your DPS again, you want to go Assassin's Mark on ring and Awakened Hextouch with Frostbite and Elemental Weakness with something like Storm Brand.

Edit: Best gem for Hextouch is Hydrosphere

For weapon mods, here the list of mods you want:
(P) Spell Damage % or Cold Damage %
(P) Add Cold Damage to Spell
(S) Cast Speed

Then you have to choose between those two:
(S) Increased Critical Strike Chance for Spell
(S) Increased Critical Strike Multiplier

Last Prefix:
(P) +1 to Level of all Cold Spell Skill Gems
(P) +1 to Level of all Spell Skill Gems

Last Suffix:
Nothing (To craft either Critical Strike Chance, Critical Strike Multiplier or Trigger)
Or either Critical Strike Chance for Spell or Multiplier as high roll
Edit: Or Proj Speed, forgot about that one
Last edited by loloppe on Jan 22, 2021, 9:32:54 AM
"
loloppe wrote:

If you want maximum DPS, you want a 6-mod wand. Trigger is for QoL and laziness mostly.

As for ring, if you can get enough resistance to be capped already, curse on hit Assassin's Mark or Frostbite are pretty good, but if you want to maximise your DPS again, you want to go Assassin's Mark on ring and Awakened Hextouch with Frostbite and Elemental Weakness with something like Storm Brand.

For weapon mods, here the list of mods you want:
(P) Spell Damage % or Cold Damage %
(P) Add Cold Damage to Spell
(S) Cast Speed

Then you have to choose between those two:
(S) Increased Critical Strike Chance for Spell
(S) Increased Critical Strike Multiplier

Last Prefix:
(P) +1 to Level of all Cold Spell Skill Gems
(P) +1 to Level of all Spell Skill Gems

Last Suffix:
Nothing (To craft either Critical Strike Chance, Critical Strike Multiplier or Trigger)
Or either Critical Strike Chance for Spell or Multiplier as high roll

No emphasis on proj speed? Now that we have a different helm setup.
"
No emphasis on proj speed? Now that we have a different helm setup.

I forgot about it, it's added now. I personally can't really afford to use it over Critical Strike Chance to Spell since I'm using Marylene's Fallacy. Also the mod only roll on wands, while I'm stuck on sceptre for now. Cast speed and trigger are pretty much a must for me, so I won't replace those.
Last edited by loloppe on Jan 22, 2021, 9:23:12 AM
Has anyone experimented with gem swapping to ice spear for big bosses? How did it go and what did you do? TIA.
"
hyperion1984 wrote:
Has anyone experimented with gem swapping to ice spear for big bosses? How did it go and what did you do? TIA.

The problem with Ice Spear is that it's only good on slow, big or bosses that doesn't move much.

You can use a level 21 one with Rain of Splinters jewel in your tree, the spell will do almost 4x more damage than FP on single target from the shotgunning.

I personally used it to kill Uber Atziri early league for my Atziri's Reflection and was using it for Sirus, but my FP can instaphase A9 Sirus now so it's pretty pointless for me to keep using it.

Also, you kind of have to recast your totems further for Ice Spear to proc it second phase if you want to maximise damage, which is a bit unrealistic in most boss fight.
Yeah, Ice Spear is a pretty easy swap, it's just usually an issue of fight dynamics.

If you don't mind the gem swapping you can use it to good effect on a pure single target fight like Sirus, but whenever you're dealing with a target that actually moves around a lot or you need to hit multiple targets, it's generally not worth the trouble.
Does projectile speed not get calculated in the damage in PoB? Or do I need to tick another option in PoB?
"
warcry16 wrote:
Does projectile speed not get calculated in the damage in PoB? Or do I need to tick another option in PoB?

Projectile speed doesn't affect damage, it affects its range. This EFFECTIVELY increases the DPS because damage fall off is per percentage point of maximum range.
"
NoImagination wrote:
"
warcry16 wrote:

Projectile speed doesn't affect damage, it affects its range. This EFFECTIVELY increases the DPS because damage fall off is per percentage point of maximum range.

Oh I see thanks :) then I actually got a great wand for very cheap today. Just need to get a good harvest slam now.

Last edited by warcry16 on Jan 22, 2021, 4:01:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info