[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

Question regarding the unique jewel rain of splinters. It says "50% reduced totem damage". But in can not see my dmg number (tooltip) go down when I equip it. But it makes the totem fire 7 projectiles. Is that a bug?
Wow, only 1 page of posts since leaque start. I guess that tells you that Totems are just not popular after the nerf.....I don't blame people though for moving on...... Gotta go where the buffs go....Hope everyone is having fun though and found the build of your choice!
Curious to your thoughts about switching from Frost Bomb to Orb of Storms + New implicit helm for applying exposure.

I've got the new helm and was considering orb of storms + Curse on Hit + Frost Bite + Spell Cascade to make it a 1 button debuff everything button.

I'm not sure what I would do with the extra 3 link.
"
Merix wrote:
Curious to your thoughts about switching from Frost Bomb to Orb of Storms + New implicit helm for applying exposure.

I've got the new helm and was considering orb of storms + Curse on Hit + Frost Bite + Spell Cascade to make it a 1 button debuff everything button.

I'm not sure what I would do with the extra 3 link.

I'm not sure whether that new helm base type applies 10% or 25% exposure. Usually most of the newer exposure stuff is 10%.

The other issue is that it is competing with the Blizzard Crown line of new base types, which the very top end of looks kind of busted.
Hey Wallach, while I'm not playing this build this league(taking a break from totems), I watched you play it for while on Twitch, and I admit that it's doing much better than I thought it would....You seem to be handling content quite easily.... Can I get your impression/thoughts?, now that you are mapping?
Can we do CWDT, steelskin, frost shield? I have those linked in my hat, but can't tell if it's actually doing anything.
"
NoImagination wrote:
Can we do CWDT, steelskin, frost shield? I have those linked in my hat, but can't tell if it's actually doing anything.

Molten Shell is what is commonly used.
"
Mentoya wrote:
Hey Wallach, while I'm not playing this build this league(taking a break from totems), I watched you play it for while on Twitch, and I admit that it's doing much better than I thought it would....You seem to be handling content quite easily.... Can I get your impression/thoughts?, now that you are mapping?

Having played totems in 90% of the leagues, my impression at level 86 in this league is that this build is perfectly viable (still). I feel like the nerfs just made these kind of totem builds more interesting - it's like you have to pay more attention to where your damage is coming from and how to build on and stack that, when previously it almost felt like you're getting "free" damage here and there without thinking about it too much.

So theorycrafting and build building -wise it's way more fun now. If you're a type of player who "strictly" follows build guides and adds nothing personal to the build, I'd say you would feel around 10% nerfed compared to previous patches.

All in all, perfectly viable build which is way more interesting to personalize and build on top of in this patch.
"
Piwwoli wrote:
"
NoImagination wrote:

Molten Shell is what is commonly used.

Is there any point without armour?

I realised that the frost shield is just a static dome you can stand in, but I don't particularly want to stand still under there.
So.. I hate to be one of those players but.. I'm a bladeblast assassin right now and I hate the constant 2 button playstyle, even if the damage is amazing..

I've always thought templars were incredibly cool (I'm Scottish, they're Scottish!) But I've never played one because ive always thought totems were poor dps.. am I wrong?

Is a build like this able to comfortably clear all content and farm maps/bosses or does it require more effort than others?

Basically is it worth dropping a bladeblast assassin for a Scottish totem lad LOL

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info