[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

I think in the more expensive PoB theres a mistake with jewels placement. You took Pain Attunement but the timeless jewel does not cover it, probably should change place with Self-Flagellation.
"
Asag wrote:
I think in the more expensive PoB theres a mistake with jewels placement. You took Pain Attunement but the timeless jewel does not cover it, probably should change place with Self-Flagellation.

I'm pretty sure you don't have to cover it.
"
Asag wrote:

The PA is there because of the Coward's Legacy belt.
Last edited by VerVik on Jan 15, 2021, 5:41:09 AM
Ah my bad then, wasnt playing totems for like few leagues and did not noticed the belt.
My background

I play totem start every league for a couple years now. These guides have helped me very much and I thank you for them. I build decent end-game gear but most likely not perfect gear in leagues I care about.

My 2 cents...

This will shock you, but I've been running multi-totem the last couple leagues...right after they FORCED us to drop 2 totems at once... This sounds wrong doesn't it...but my reasoning was that without Multi-totem it was forcing me to drop 2 sets of 2 (4 total) and during fights when I was spamming totems for curses or when I was map clearing I found it way easier to have an extra set staying around. I always thought the extra totems made up for the loss in totem damage and the sets dropping/staying behind changed my quality of life immensely..

Let me be clear, I scoured this thread/others/poeninja builds...and always understood non-multi totem builds to be the way most ppl did it because of perceived dps increases...but the Quality of Life on multi totem has always been a huge draw for me.
"
Crashbug wrote:

This will shock you, but I've been running multi-totem the last couple leagues...right after they FORCED us to drop 2 totems at once... This sounds wrong doesn't it...but my reasoning was that without Multi-totem it was forcing me to drop 2 sets of 2 (4 total) and during fights when I was spamming totems for curses or when I was map clearing I found it way easier to have an extra set staying around. I always thought the extra totems made up for the loss in totem damage and the sets dropping/staying behind changed my quality of life immensely..

Let me be clear, I scoured this thread/others/poeninja builds...and always understood non-multi totem builds to be the way most ppl did it because of perceived dps increases...but the Quality of Life on multi totem has always been a huge draw for me.

Pretty much the same for me, I've been using Multiple Totems Support on my 6l for the longest time. I only switched to Empower when I managed to get a +1/+2 armour, which was around 10% more DPS per hit.

If you have 4 totems, Multiple Totems Support is a 31% damage multiplier (which is not bad at all and I'm not considering the ascendancy here). 4 -> 6 totems is 50% damage increase and then you lose 19% with a level 21 gem.

But the best part of Multiple Totems Support is the fact that you have 6 main DPS totems now, which make clearing maps safer and faster from my own experience. With 4 totems, if you were zooming too fast, your last set of them would despawn before finishing pack completely in high tier maps, especially when juiced.

The main downside would be that our "per hit" damage is way lower, which make freezing bosses and tanky rare harder, but most bosses where it would actually matter are immune to freeze anyway. Also, we can get a lot of % effectiveness for non-damage aliment if you go elemental medium cluster jewel for the free shock.

Another downside is that we're now forced to self-cast either one more curse or frostbomb, or use a new setup for cold Wave of Conviction, etc. But I was already doing that too.

My overall DPS is still exactly the same as before.
Here a different POB build if you want some kind of comparison for end-endgame (could be better tbh): https://pastebin.com/bJhGZWsG
Last edited by loloppe on Jan 15, 2021, 10:13:37 AM
I suspect the balancing team mainly looks at the numbers and im sure it works out good or better on paper about the numbers in the end game and might be a little less smooth through yellow maps

lets be honest totems has been so buttery smooth after second ascendancy, i predict it will immediately feel better after first lab now - which is a big draw for me, i tried to race with totems (fuck me right), and it felt SO HORRIBLE until second lab

I suspect the balancing team mainly looks at the numbers and im sure it works out good or better on paper about the numbers in the end game and might be a little less smooth through yellow maps

lets be honest totems has been so buttery smooth after second ascendancy, i predict it will immediately feel better after first lab now - which is a big draw for me, i tried to race with totems (fuck me right), and it felt SO HORRIBLE until second lab

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info