[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

Is Soul Mantle bugged or was it changed? It does not apply curses to me when I spam totems. I have the node on the tree allocated and the two Kikazaru rings.

edit: nvm. No idea what I did wrong. Works fine.
Last edited by Bratwurstsalat on Jan 15, 2021, 8:25:38 PM
"
Neferidian wrote:
I suspect the balancing team mainly looks at the numbers and im sure it works out good or better on paper about the numbers in the end game and might be a little less smooth through yellow maps

lets be honest totems has been so buttery smooth after second ascendancy, i predict it will immediately feel better after first lab now - which is a big draw for me, i tried to race with totems (fuck me right), and it felt SO HORRIBLE until second lab

I am pretty sure the balancing team are blind then because they are nerfing something that less than 1% of the player base play.
"The heavens burned
The stars cried out
And under the ashes of infinity
Hope, scarred and bleeding breathed it's last."
if i got a tabula early, should i switch to fp oder play holy fire + wave till soul mantle?
TIL: Do not use cowards legacy when you do only have the tree node and kikazarus. You will die. A lot.
I have played this build every league for years. It's my go-to.

It's not extremely strong to start but it's very solid with high investment.

It's not ultra tanky but it has solid survivability with high investment

It doesn't have incredible clearspeed like explodey chest Blade vortex.

Why in the everliving F*** did they feel compelled to nerf hierophant? Do any of these GGG designers actually play? Is it just because they gave ballistas (f***ing lol) +2 default totems so they felt compelled to nerf hiero totem nodes? Wtf?

I don't want to switch Inc Crit Strikes for multiple totems. It feels horrible having so much less crit per hit.

I just got to level 50, thinking of just skipping this league entirely. I dunno. Such a sour taste.
Meh, I'm 86 and saving for the shield, and it seems fine.
Last edited by NoImagination on Jan 16, 2021, 6:31:28 PM
I lost 3M shaper dps (19M 4T to 16M 6T, even less because you can't proc frost bomb as the last 2 totems get overriden) going multiple totems over empower
The only saving grace of all this is that the totems sprout way faster now (100% + 23% from gem), making mapping a lot smoother.
i'll probably use MTS for mapping and switch Empower for tougher bosses (i still can easily melt t16 bosses with MTS)
"
Nixed wrote:
I have played this build every league for years. It's my go-to.

It's not extremely strong to start but it's very solid with high investment.

It's not ultra tanky but it has solid survivability with high investment

It doesn't have incredible clearspeed like explodey chest Blade vortex.

Why in the everliving F*** did they feel compelled to nerf hierophant? Do any of these GGG designers actually play? Is it just because they gave ballistas (f***ing lol) +2 default totems so they felt compelled to nerf hiero totem nodes? Wtf?

I don't want to switch Inc Crit Strikes for multiple totems. It feels horrible having so much less crit per hit.

I just got to level 50, thinking of just skipping this league entirely. I dunno. Such a sour taste.

I did not played totems for few years now but started with this build and my experience is totally opposite to yours. This build is strong as hell, leveling was really smooth and fast. I just started maps and everything just melts in seconds and I dont even have yet self-flagellation jewel and my gear is just some leveling trash.

So either people were used to a broken build and cant stand it got toned down abit or I have no idea what are you guys doing to have such trouble playing it.
Hi
What about this https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Tulfall ?

Hurrah!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info