[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
Mentoya wrote:
Hey Wallach, while I'm not playing this build this league(taking a break from totems), I watched you play it for while on Twitch, and I admit that it's doing much better than I thought it would....You seem to be handling content quite easily.... Can I get your impression/thoughts?, now that you are mapping?

I just uploaded my latest league start progress video going over the weekend if you want to hear about that in more detail, but the short version is that the build is mostly fine.

I definitely do still think they need to go back and restore some of the damage from Pursuit of Faith because it strikes me as a pretty unjustified nerf, but I think the effects of that are mostly going to be felt in the highest end map clear type content like juiced up Delirium maps and such. We also did get the totem placement speed moved up from second Labyrinth to first Labyrinth, which makes the totem-focused builds feel better while leveling earlier on.

More annoyance than concern for my part.
"
Adjust91 wrote:
I've always thought templars were incredibly cool (I'm Scottish, they're Scottish!) But I've never played one because ive always thought totems were poor dps.. am I wrong?

Is a build like this able to comfortably clear all content and farm maps/bosses or does it require more effort than others?

Clear & boss DPS is good, I don't know how it'll do on the new endgame content, but endgame wasn't a problem in other leagues. Items are likely cheaper this league too, as there was a fairly small nerf to the build.
Last edited by NoImagination on Jan 18, 2021, 6:51:45 AM
What's a good third blue socket for a 5L Soul mantle? I'm having trouble hitting 3G right now
Last edited by kaculp on Jan 18, 2021, 7:26:16 AM
re: 3rd blue - path of building community fork is good for figuring this out, but in gardening league, we did FP/controlled destruction/increased critical strikes.

Tried a double corrupt & got lucky. Colouring a corrupted item is going to be a nightmare though:

Last edited by NoImagination on Jan 18, 2021, 7:52:40 AM
"
NoImagination wrote:
re: 3rd blue - path of building community fork is good for figuring this out, but in gardening league, we did FP/controlled destruction/increased critical strikes.

Tried a double corrupt & got lucky. Colouring a corrupted item is going to be a nightmare though:

Thank you -- you're right I really should just experiment within PoB for that. Good luck at the crafting bench @_@
"
kaculp wrote:
Thank you -- you're right I really should just experiment within PoB for that. Good luck at the crafting bench @_@

I won't bother trying to make it until I've got a normal 6L first, but I wonder if it's worth doing this via socket crafting? Add/remove sockets from 1 to 2 until both are off-colour, then the same to 3 and to 4, THEN 5 socket recipe, 6 socket recipe?

380 chroms (and thus vaals) on average to colour 6 sockets. In this case, chroms and jewellers cost about the same, so if you can get to 4 off colours via jewellers alone, it seems like it must be cheaper.

Edit: 100 vaal & chrom to get GGR, then 13 vaal & jewellers per try to get the 4th to green. Is that 1/6? If so, 178 vaal spent so far. Then 70 more to get 5 sockets, which fails 1/3 times assuming 1/6 odds again. So that's 105 expected cost. Total price is 383, then 1/3 chance at failing 350 cost to 6 socket it, which is ~117. Total cost is 500 vaal vs. colouring it manually with vorici 1g at 380 expected cost.

Oh well!
Last edited by NoImagination on Jan 18, 2021, 8:12:16 AM
"
NoImagination wrote:

I won't bother trying to make it until I've got a normal 6L first, but I wonder if it's worth doing this via socket crafting? Add/remove sockets from 1 to 2 until both are off-colour, then the same to 3 and to 4, THEN 5 socket recipe, 6 socket recipe?

380 chroms (and thus vaals) on average to colour 6 sockets. In this case, chroms and jewellers cost about the same, so if you can get to 4 off colours via jewellers alone, it seems like it must be cheaper.

Edit: 100 vaal & chrom to get GGR, then 13 vaal & jewellers per try to get the 4th to green. Is that 1/6? If so, 178 vaal spent so far. Then 70 more to get 5 sockets, which fails 1/3 times assuming 1/6 odds again. So that's 105 expected cost. Total price is 383, then 1/3 chance at failing 350 cost to 6 socket it, which is ~117. Total cost is 500 vaal vs. colouring it manually with vorici 1g at 380 expected cost.

Oh well!

You kinda brought this onto yourself, by not doing the sockets first :D
In regards to coloring, i personally would still go the 1G bench route.
Jeweller method can end up being hella expensive. Evenmore so, when you also have to pay the vaals.
Sadly, six socketing/linking in advance is even more expensive given how rare the corrupt you want is.
Has anyone managed to clear endgame with this so far this season or gotten into rituals? Wonder how well it would do with multiple bossing etc..
No idea who's got furthest, but 5 bosses were fine.

Rituals on maxed out T15 rituals were too hard for me though really, with my current gear level.
Last edited by NoImagination on Jan 18, 2021, 11:09:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info