[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
Piwwoli wrote:
"
Mentoya wrote:
Hey Wallach, while I'm not playing this build this league(taking a break from totems), I watched you play it for while on Twitch, and I admit that it's doing much better than I thought it would....You seem to be handling content quite easily.... Can I get your impression/thoughts?, now that you are mapping?

Having played totems in 90% of the leagues, my impression at level 86 in this league is that this build is perfectly viable (still). I feel like the nerfs just made these kind of totem builds more interesting - it's like you have to pay more attention to where your damage is coming from and how to build on and stack that, when previously it almost felt like you're getting "free" damage here and there without thinking about it too much.

So theorycrafting and build building -wise it's way more fun now. If you're a type of player who "strictly" follows build guides and adds nothing personal to the build, I'd say you would feel around 10% nerfed compared to previous patches.

All in all, perfectly viable build which is way more interesting to personalize and build on top of in this patch.

awesome! thanks for the information. I appreciate it!
"
Wallach wrote:
"
Mentoya wrote:
Hey Wallach, while I'm not playing this build this league(taking a break from totems), I watched you play it for while on Twitch, and I admit that it's doing much better than I thought it would....You seem to be handling content quite easily.... Can I get your impression/thoughts?, now that you are mapping?

I just uploaded my latest league start progress video going over the weekend if you want to hear about that in more detail, but the short version is that the build is mostly fine.

I definitely do still think they need to go back and restore some of the damage from Pursuit of Faith because it strikes me as a pretty unjustified nerf, but I think the effects of that are mostly going to be felt in the highest end map clear type content like juiced up Delirium maps and such. We also did get the totem placement speed moved up from second Labyrinth to first Labyrinth, which makes the totem-focused builds feel better while leveling earlier on.

More annoyance than concern for my part.

Great! Thanks. and thanks for keeping the guide so up to date on the trees, gear ,gems and leveling process! I'll probably run this as my 2nd character....
Is there much of a difference between this and say.. divine ire totems? You'll have to excuse my ignorance as I've never played a totem build, I just find them fascinating as its place them and dodge shit to survive
"
NoImagination wrote:
No idea who's got furthest, but 5 bosses were fine.

Rituals on maxed out T15 rituals were too hard for me though really, with my current gear level.

One thing you can use to scale up clear speed and damage really fast is to use Sinvicta's Mettle as weapon swap, kill one monster, then swap back. This pretty much give you rampage for free (1c), which is amazing for mapping in general.
Couple noob questions, thinking about re-rolling this build.

1) Is this build pretty tanky? Or am I going to have to constantly be avoiding stuff?

2) What's the estimated currency if I want to MELT awakener 8 / uber elder?

3) Any map mods I need to avoid?

-thank you
I don't know what I did wrong, but I have 0 damage. I killed the shaper for about 15 minutes. Can someone tell me what's the matter? Thanks.
https://pastebin.com/WPHTqq8n
"

1) Is this build pretty tanky? Or am I going to have to constantly be avoiding stuff?

-thank you

1. Mind over Matter keystone + 10% from the ascendancy is an extremely good layer of defence for one. This build also initially uses around 3 uniques so stacking life is pretty easy (basically no effort to 4k). Then there is the CWDT layer which is around 2k extra life when shit hits the fan. You also freeze everything and can play from far away / while moving, so nothing really hits you anyway. With pandemonius you chill and blind everything as well.

So... this build definitely does not lack in defensive layers.

2. This can be done on a budget, but it requires some in-depth knowledge of builds like this. The normal way is to go low life (Pain Attunement), but this requires Atziri's Reflection and Coward's Legacy. You're also going to need Pandemonius and well rolled weapons for this. But when you do have this stuff, boy does it melt.

3. Elemental reflection is annoying af, because your totems keep killing themselves, but other than that, this build is basically safe from everything.
"

-thank you

It's not that tanky. We have some layers of defence, and we can get to 8k ehp, but our main defence is our dps as we freeze most the map. We can definitely die.

Melting really depends on your definition. This melts them, but in a normal league that gear is almost priceless. You're probably going to want 20ex at least, with the Reflection taking 10 of that, Pandemonius taking 4 more, and a 6 link taking most the rest.

As for map mods, I couldn't kill a tier 13 keeper of the grove, or whatever she's called, with ele reflect at my current gear level. Rituals with ele reflect were fine in T15 but it's pretty close. Notice that half my gear is trash right now though.

Edit: this league, I'm afraid I'm the guy who brags about 6 linking in 12 fuses, and I can't even link it, is there a forum bug at the moment?
Last edited by NoImagination on Jan 18, 2021, 11:59:23 PM
"
Piwwoli wrote:
"

-thank you

1. Mind over Matter keystone + 10% from the ascendancy is an extremely good layer of defence for one. This build also initially uses around 3 uniques so stacking life is pretty easy (basically no effort to 4k). Then there is the CWDT layer which is around 2k extra life when shit hits the fan. You also freeze everything and can play from far away / while moving, so nothing really hits you anyway. With pandemonius you chill and blind everything as well.

So... this build definitely does not lack in defensive layers.

2. This can be done on a budget, but it requires some in-depth knowledge of builds like this. The normal way is to go low life (Pain Attunement), but this requires Atziri's Reflection and Coward's Legacy. You're also going to need Pandemonius and well rolled weapons for this. But when you do have this stuff, boy does it melt.

3. Elemental reflection is annoying af, because your totems keep killing themselves, but other than that, this build is basically safe from everything.

Awesome break downs, thank you!
Apparently, mobs dominated by Sirus are a big problem for most builds, but they're trivial for us as they're frozen. Also, did this earlier, shame I now have to do some actual work.
Last edited by NoImagination on Jan 19, 2021, 2:01:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info