[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

Looks like no gem changes for us except to frost bomb levels
Alright, the initial guide update is up for 3.13. I've split the guide up into 3 posts now as I wanted to start working on a gear upgrade / progression priority section and I was going to run out of room in two posts. There's likely some new formatting errors or random mistakes as the guide is getting a bit large at this point, so if you spot any of those let me know. An updated passive skill tree link for the main website isn't available yet, but there aren't really any passive tree changes for 3.13 anyway so I'm not super fussed about that (the previous 3.12 link will still work for now).

All told there really aren't many changes to account for at the moment other than the obvious ones, but that may change going forward after the league actually starts.
Am I missing something, or aren't +4 minimum endurance and power charges pretty great for us? Resists and increased crit chance?
"
NoImagination wrote:
Am I missing something, or aren't +4 minimum endurance and power charges pretty great for us? Resists and increased crit chance?

It's not that they're bad, it's more that Conviction of Power was already generating Endurance and Power charges on top of a couple other bonuses.
so quick question since I did not followed up last league soul mantle issue.

We can now use passive tree %20 and 2 kikzarus(2*%40) reduced curse effect with sould mantle without ant problem right? so any map mod with increased curse effect will not be a problem ? or the curses from soul mantle is still a problem and still need a flask till Iget the shield?

been starting with this build for past 4-5 leagues and got lucky last league with a 3rd-4th day drop and bought the shield early. So nevr worried if they ever fixed it. So unending mana pot with curse immunity is needed or not?
"
HainLemur wrote:
so quick question since I did not followed up last league soul mantle issue.

We can now use passive tree %20 and 2 kikzarus(2*%40) reduced curse effect with sould mantle without ant problem right? so any map mod with increased curse effect will not be a problem ? or the curses from soul mantle is still a problem and still need a flask till Iget the shield?

been starting with this build for past 4-5 leagues and got lucky last league with a 3rd-4th day drop and bought the shield early. So nevr worried if they ever fixed it. So unending mana pot with curse immunity is needed or not?

Well, they did change it to "more effect" rather than "increased effect" on Soul Mantle, so the Kikazaru setup will fully protect you from the Soul Mantle curses.

Maps with curse affixes still come with "increased effect" which means you will take some effect of that curse still, but frankly it's not that big of a deal.
Thank you for taking the time and answering. Once again great build and I still think its as good as its used to be especially when you throw in 100exs :)Checked 10s of builds and tried some of them but I guess none of them feels as good as this one.

Hopefully ritual is juicy and can buy the shield day4 if its on sale :)

This thread is interesting https://www.reddit.com/r/PathOfExileBuilds/comments/kvuzlb/did_guardian_just_become_a_decent_totem_ascendancy/
livejamie
"
livejamie wrote:
This thread is interesting https://www.reddit.com/r/PathOfExileBuilds/comments/kvuzlb/did_guardian_just_become_a_decent_totem_ascendancy/

This dude said it better than me ''None of the stats granted to nearby allies will work with totems. They do count as allies, but they use YOUR stats and you are not a "nearby ally" so they won't do anything.''
I do hate the changes they did to hiero. Totems were never meta builds and while there is no doubt they can be strong, it's also fair to say that they suffer a mid life crysis in which you got a good starter build, you got a good end game build but it lacks something in middle, it's not exactly easily upgradable unfortunatly. So these changes come as a very sour surprise.

That said, I don't think, at least in FP totems that you are pushed towards the multiple totem gem.

Using that gem lowers the overall DPS, decreses massively the hit damage which affects very negatively what you can and cannot freeze as well as for how long and to top it off, makes the chest harder to colour with 4 off colour sockets.

So what you are gaining is the abillity to put 2 totems down at once which is a convinience for a really big penalty. But even then you are not getting much of a real bonus because since your new number of totems is now 6, you are doing 3 casts to put down all your totems. For one extra cast you put your 4 totems without using the multiple totem gem so it is way better to just keep the 4 totems instead.

Granted you lose like 1% mana regen, 2% life regen and 10% more damage due to having only 4 vs 6 totems, but overall it's still far more powerful and the difference is a single click.

I honestly just wish that GGG didn't treated totem builds so poorly and gave it a much deserved buff and perhaps some new uniques to make alternative builds for totems.
"The heavens burned
The stars cried out
And under the ashes of infinity
Hope, scarred and bleeding breathed it's last."
Last edited by Elhazzared on Jan 14, 2021, 3:40:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info