[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

Could the improved Frost Bomb work on totems as a main damage source?
Hi, great guide!Thank you for the work and effort to put this together.

Maybe this was already answered, but i couldn't find anything. (maybe include a FAQ on the guide main page, would really help noobs like me)

1 - Why only change to FP totems with soul mantle ? When we get our first jewel from quest (first snow), HFT + WC still better ?
2 - I will be levelling with a friend that have no need for the jewels in act 5, if i get 2 first snow at this point, HFT + WC will still be the way to go until soul mantle ?

Hope u all have a good Ritual! TY!
"
Hawaianas wrote:

Hope u all have a good Ritual!

leave hope behind who enters 3.13 :/
They say want to make the ascendancies feel more special but it seems to me like they made the Hierophant a more generic ascendancy with less clear speed and less dmg but with what they would like to pass like a bit more survivability with the +1 endurance charge.

Removed
6% increased Damage per Enemy Killed by you or your Totems Recently
10% increased Attack and Cast Speed while you have a Totem
50% increased Totem Placement speed
3% more Damage per Summoned Totem
Skills that would Summon a Totem Summon two Totems instead This was the hierophant's trademark and now it's gone
Added
100% increased Totem Placement speed
5% more Damage per Summoned Totem

I think it's pretty obvious for everyone that what they added doesn't compensate at all for what was removed, especially clear speed and dmg/mob killed by totems. Definitely a nerf.

Thank you Wallach for your dedication and updating this build for so long. I think I might try something else this league.
Last edited by RO_MrGummy on Jan 12, 2021, 11:31:02 AM
It definitely looks like a nerf, but one of the streamers said maybe they moved the 2 totem drop thing to the passive tree instead, so I'm still waiting to see the passive tree and gem changes.

I don't understand the nerfs though, it wasn't as if totems were dominating the meta at all.

"
Mentalmike wrote:

Conviction of Power really raises my eyebrows. I like the changes but hate it at the same time. How do we generate power and endurance charges now that we have no method of generating by spawning totems? If we can retain passive generation this could really offset damage and utility loss.

Mana Regeneration, Mana (Mana Regeneration, Power and Endurance Charge Duration) Why bother to remove the charge duration?

Why you want to generate them? You have all time 4 charges up because its +4 to minimum charges, not maximum. And thts why duration is also not needed.

And when I read all those comments from doomsayers (not only about this build but on others too) I dont know if I should laugh or cry.

Like seriously, some things get minimal changes but even when build lose 2% of damage its anyway "buld dead, fuk GGG, unplayable!".

And about this specific build Im gonna play it as starter unless there will be some nerfs in patch notes. Hiero changes did not killed this build at all and I hope Wallach gonna update it.
Last edited by Asag on Jan 12, 2021, 1:42:13 PM
"
Hawaianas wrote:
Hi, great guide!Thank you for the work and effort to put this together.

Maybe this was already answered, but i couldn't find anything. (maybe include a FAQ on the guide main page, would really help noobs like me)

1 - Why only change to FP totems with soul mantle ? When we get our first jewel from quest (first snow), HFT + WC still better ?
2 - I will be levelling with a friend that have no need for the jewels in act 5, if i get 2 first snow at this point, HFT + WC will still be the way to go until soul mantle ?

Hope u all have a good Ritual! TY!

The main reason I recommend waiting to switch is because Soul Mantle has the innate Spell Totem Support built into the chest. If you switch earlier than that, you're going to have to burn another socket link on the actual Spell Totem Support gem rather than another damage-focused support, which will hurt your damage at the point where it is already at its lowest. You feel it big time at that point in the game.

Since Holy Flame Totem is inherently a totem skill gem, you get to focus purely on linking damage supports, so it's just going to produce better damage on the same amount of available links.
i go chechk out the vid..
Last edited by ChrisWello on Jan 12, 2021, 4:55:11 PM
I want to league start this build in next patch, i hyped on totems play-style. But looking on changes to hiero, its more boss fight build than map clear. Stacks - gone , 2 totems at 1 summon - gone :(
Spoiler
Support Gem Balance
Ballista Totem Support

Now causes supported skills do deal 32% less damage at gem level 1 (from 42%), up to 20% less damage at gem level 20 (from 33%).

Efficacy Support

Now requires level 8 at gem level 1 (from 31).
Now causes supported skills to deal 10% more damage over time at gem level 1 (from 15%), up to 24% at gem level 20 (no change).

Impending Doom Support

Doom Blast now has an added damage effectiveness of 100% (from 50%).
Doom Blast now deals 39 to 58 chaos damage at gem level 1 (from 25 to 37), up to 430 to 645 chaos damage at gem level 20 (from 216 to 325).
Doom Blast now deals 60% more damage per 5 doom on hex (from 50% more).

Intensify Support

No longer supports skills that create Minions.

Lesser Poison Support

Anomalous Lesser Poison Support now grants 1% increased Poison duration per 2% gem quality (previously granted 1% chance to gain a Frenzy Charge on killing blow against an enemy with 5 or more Poisons per 5% gem quality).

Pinpoint Support

No longer supports skills that create Minions.

Maybe my eyes dont work today, but i cant see anything about multiple totems support gem. Must be an oversight, right?

Right .....
Last edited by deimudda69 on Jan 12, 2021, 5:01:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info