[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

The guide will definitely be updated for 3.13, however things turn out. That work won't really begin until after patch notes.
A bit disappointed with the hiero ascendancy changes but lets to hoping that there is some change in the passive tree or maybe even some changes to the soul mantle unique.....
BTW the arctic freezing pulse MTX is on sale right now.

I was going to league start with glacial cascade because I didn't like how default freezing pulse looks, but really tempted to buy the MTX and go with freezing pulse instead so I don't have to worry about placement of GC to get the final burst hit...
Totally agree on Wallach's opinion on state of hiero in 3.13. Tho we all need patch notes.
Do you think we will be able to put Hydrosphere into this build?
"
CalmWind69 wrote:
Do you think we will be able to put Hydrosphere into this build?

Doubt it, it will deal no damage once you alocate the totem keystone
Love the build Wallach. Looking forward to 3.13 update. Ive been running with Arcane cloak instead of steelskin as proc for arcane surge. Otherwise no changes.
I did not played totems for few leagues now and I wanted to start Ritual with this build. I hope patch notes wont kill my starter :/
Had really much fun this league with your Build.

Although I‘m going to play something else next league, I‘m thankfull for your work Wallach!
Very good work!
I think that the Pursuit of Faith node was most likely axxed because they are giving us A LOT of density this expansion and it was for both Totems AND your kills. This could make it really strong for non-totemers and I think in some ways I understand that they don't want too many snowball effects like that, especially since it was global damage.

I think it overall would have been fine limiting it to totem kills, capping it or so, but I think that would shoehorn the totem line too much into being "only using totems for kills" or making it just a weird way to get limited extra damage.

Overall a minor nerf to where you realistically don't need more damage (when you are already killing a lot every 4 seconds).

I might be the only one who actually really prefers the 2 to 1 totem change. I often feel like I'm being forced into placing 2 totems when I only really wanted 1 to be placed somewhere and in something like Ritual I would enjoy being able to place the totems for a better coverage, same in Blight maps (although Blight maps are super easy now anyway). I was considering testing Dark Pact totems this coming league, if I can get a projector that is, and even for that I think I prefer 1 over 2 honestly.

I somewhat understand that they wanted this change since it felt kind of silly that the gem and the tree had the same effect. Will wait for patch notes to see the actual full effects.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info