[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

So i am up to T10, t12 maps wondering what i should be working on upgrading next. This is my HP/Damage and what should be my next steps. I am working on fighting most of the warlords the 3rd time (with 3 stones on, beat drox and baran the 3rd time and trying to spawn the last two) Wondering if i should maybe go for a +1 totem shield or stick with dual wielding and what should be my next upgrade be. Any tips or direction would be helpful, i've also been getting oneshot on occasion, so im wondering if i fucked up somewhere with my defensive. Being use the same dual wield for like 50+ levels now lol, posted my current bank with my stats and POB and gear. Any direction would be helpful

POB - https://pastebin.com/VhXWvjvU
Hey Guys, should i continue to craft with this Wand (Multi-Mod) and put

Non-Chaos Damage as Extra Chaos Damage
and
Spell Damage on it?

this is my current one

thanks
"
Jexx11 wrote:
"
Gulch wrote:

Also your ring and gloves aren't helping. Hits against chilled enemies.. you're not hitting, and increased ele dmg with attack skills we don't attack.
So basically, redo your amulet, gloves, boots,ring and helm and you will notice a pretty big difference.

I don't believe that's accurate information at least on the gloves, I asked Wallach in stream the other day and he said that hits against chilled enemies on our gloves does in fact work and is one of the better modifiers to have.

I edited my post to reflect my mistake. Thanks for pointing that out.
"
Azbroolah wrote:
All of them except the helmet are pieces I just randomly grabbed while levelling

lol I do the same thing, in fact I had a level 24 wand that I kept until level 85-ish, it was that good.
"
saifoh wrote:

i can't kill the Drox, he is too tanky and he can one shot me anytime, i don't know what is the problem with my and i can't deal enough damage to him.

i died at the last quarter of his HP.

Are you making sure to kill the banners that he places? Make this a priority if you are feeling that he's too tanky. He places them in all 4 directions, and he can/will have multiple up at a time.
Last edited by Gulch on Dec 26, 2019, 8:32:16 AM
"Note that if you are not yet using a Soul Mantle you'll need to equip a Spell Totem gem to convert Freezing Pulse into a Totem"

I am totally new to PoE and i have absolutly no clue how to do that. Can someone eventually help me?
"
Fr4nXter wrote:
"Note that if you are not yet using a Soul Mantle you'll need to equip a Spell Totem gem to convert Freezing Pulse into a Totem"

I am totally new to PoE and i have absolutly no clue how to do that. Can someone eventually help me?

Just have Freezing Pulse gem linked to Spell Totem Support gem in a piece of gear.
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Spell_Totem_Support

Then when you cast Freezing Pulse, it will drop a totem that uses Freezing Pulse.
Note that early game, self casting is far more effective than using 1 totem,but it's fun to try out and see what the potential is when you have 4 or 5 totems lat game just 1 shotting everything.

Once you kill Brutus, you should be able to buy it from Nessa in Lioneye's Watch.
Last edited by Gulch on Dec 26, 2019, 9:49:04 AM
"
Gulch wrote:
"
Fr4nXter wrote:

Just have Freezing Pulse gem linked to Spell Totem Support gem in a piece of gear.
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Spell_Totem_Support

Then when you cast Freezing Pulse, it will drop a totem that uses Freezing Pulse.
Note that early game, self casting is far more effective than using 1 totem,but it's fun to try out and see what the potential is when you have 4 or 5 totems lat game just 1 shotting everything.

Once you kill Brutus, you should be able to buy it from Nessa in Lioneye's Watch.

Ok. But either it didnt work or i've done it wrong. I have linked Spell Totem Support - Freezing Pulse - Holy Flame Totem on a 3 linked helmet and it dont work. Then i removed Holy Flame Totem from the 3 linked helmet and it still dont work.
I am running the divine ire variant of this build and was wondering what you thought of running the crusader or shaper rings with 35% curse reduction. These currently leave me with 7% curse effectiveness in my build, but offer a large number of stats that i would not have available with Kikazaru. However, I am not aware if there is a catalyst that impacts the curse reduction stat. Am I mistaken in that? Because if there is a catalyst for it, we should be able to run 0 Kika's and be able to push 100% without Kika nor Atziri's. Do you have any insight into such a catalyst and any additional thoughts on this variation on the build?
"
Fr4nXter wrote:

Ok. But either it didnt work or i've done it wrong. I have linked Spell Totem Support - Freezing Pulse - Holy Flame Totem on a 3 linked helmet and it dont work. Then i removed Holy Flame Totem from the 3 linked helmet and it still dont work.

What spell are you actually trying to cast? You still want to cast Freezing Pulse spell, it will just place a totem now since it's linked to Spell Totem Support.
Holy Flame Totem gem is it's own separate totem, it doesn't need Spell Totem Support to place a totem since it's a totem skill.

Take your gloves/helm/boots/chest whatever and JUST put in Holy Flame totem, then cast Holy Flame, it will drop a totem. Then you can link support gems to Holy Flame to make it stronger.

If you're still casting Freezing Pulse and a totem isn't being placed, then you don't have it LINKED to Spell Totem Support...OR another scenario could be that you have more than 1 Freezing Pulse skill in your gear somewhere and you are trying to cast that one instead of the one that is linked to Spell Totem Support. Check you hotbar in the bottom right.
Last edited by Gulch on Dec 26, 2019, 11:12:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info