[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

Nice build. Very chilled game play and makes heists a breeze since you just run around while the totems freeze/kill everything. I was able to do A8 Sirus after putting in about 50-100c and with a further 15ex or so everything is now a breeze.
After the initial scare of soul mantle I have been playing the build and enjoying it, so thanks Wallach! I just upgraded to Atziri's reflection and should get a Coward legacy soon but I am struggling a lot with the boss dps. Any suggestion? I cast frostbite to proc Arcane surge and overwrite it with Sniper's Mark as recommended (I don't have the double curse anointment yet), is there anything else I can/should do? This is my pob atm https://pastebin.com/Q6uz9Yq9
I also want to mentioned that using brutal restraint was a great idea, makes gearing a lot simpler with all that extra dex. You can also get some great stats on them as well, I manage to get one with projectile/elemental damage, non-curse aura effect and crit chance.
Hi guys,

been playing the build extensively this league and think it is a great allrounder although with low survivability in some situations. I still frequently die to one-shots in heists and for some reason boss dps feels not as strong for the gear level I have accumulated.

Any hints if I am doing something wrong? Aside from the obvious wand upgrade i could use.

Gear

Flasks

Thanks!
"
Any hints if I am doing something wrong? Aside from the obvious wand upgrade i could use.

Arcane cloak make me sad .......

No whisper of doom make me sad.....

No GOOD guard skil disapoint me.

Feels bad.
"
Fadeiar wrote:

For one you have arcane cloak in your boots linked to all the supports that should be linked to frostbite which is in your helmet unlinked... so you aren't getting arcane surge...
"
Arcane cloak make me sad .......

"
For one you have arcane cloak in your boots linked to all the supports that should be linked to frostbite which is in your helmet unlinked... so you aren't getting arcane surge...
-> NO

Hm actually i had 98% uptime of arcane surge lv 20 with linking it to arcane cloak which made for a pretty smooth gameplay not worrying about uptime. I think I need to de-level arcane surge linking it to frostbite. Stopping to cast Frostbite actually feels much more clunky.

I'm still testing out the changes suggested but steelskin vs. arcane cloak at least does not feel significantly different.

- Arcane cloak absorbes 1800 dmg and gives near 100% uptime of arcane surge, is up near 100% of the time
- Steelskin absorbs 2200 dmg after damage taken - does not help with one shots or does it? I don't know how the game works here internally or if it is added to the life pool while damage is taken.

Changes done:
"
- Arcane cloak absorbes 1800 dmg and gives near 100% uptime of arcane surge, is up near 100% of the time
- Steelskin absorbs 2200 dmg after damage taken - does not help with one shots or does it? I don't know how the game works here internally or if it is added to the life pool while damage is taken.

The thing is arcane cloak doesnt match so well because :
Spends a portion of your mana
Spends (45-64)% of current Mana

So, if you are being touch by a BIG hit when you have your arcane CLOAK IN. Its litteraly an os. AND you dont have so MUCH mana regen, no flask mana, no huge regen.

In Min/max version, you have no big HP pool : max 4200 if you cant use MOM you dont any defense.

So you can use arcane CLOAK but you NEED to know everything about the limit you can do when you rush the game. Its litterally a hard version of this game.

Its my opinion about this spell, for me you dont need the EXTRA damage if you cant regen your mana fast enough to prevent some next HIT on you.

You can chill/freeze everything so play smarter with this.

Edit :
"
boss dps feels not as strong for the gear level I have accumulated.
Well, if you are aware to play a second character, DO IT
, you can MIN MAX this build but its too much currency for not too much. You can play something better if you can invest more instead. When you hit the full late gear whithout the corruption and more, i think dont push more. The damage are good enough to do everthing but not GREAT to one shot sirus 8 or Uber Elder. As your choice, its a starter build.
Last edited by Hermesse on Oct 9, 2020, 3:31:22 AM
"
Well, if you are aware to play a second character, DO IT
, you can MIN MAX this build but its too much currency for not too much. You can play something better if you can invest more instead. When you hit the full late gear whithout the corruption and more, i think dont push more. The damage are good enough to do everthing but not GREAT to one shot sirus 8 or Uber Elder. As your choice, its a starter build.

Thanks a lot for the thoughts! I think you're right its about either awareness that arcane surge is up or that you need to be carefull when arcane cloak fires with added danger zone. I usually limit myself to one build per league and try to get the most i can with the time i have out of it.

The clear of the build is really amazing and it does well in heists so i would still recommend it in a heartbeat.

Probably will look into a dedicated bosskiller if i decide to start a second char. Or is there anything Templar based you can recommend to look into? Have about 25 ex to spend.
"
Fadeiar wrote:
"

Probably will look into a dedicated bosskiller if i decide to start a second char. Or is there anything Templar based you can recommend to look into? Have about 25 ex to spend.

Depends what you want to do really (kill a boss for achievement or farm a boss).
You can have a character that can "safely" kill Sirus 8, but it may take a long time to finish the maps to spawn it
This build takes more time to kill Sirus (with a few deaths if you are not careful), but can still do it consistantly. And it's much faster to do the maps.

Sirus 8 and the Cortex Boss (with certain mods) are challenging with this character.
Uber Elder is relatively easy with this Build.
Even with the reflect, Uber Aztiri is not too difficult once you figure out totem placement.
Last edited by Pacificator77 on Oct 9, 2020, 10:13:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info