[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

What's everyone's experiences not running a quartz flask for phasing?

I find it helps a lot for my survivability but I realize that Silver flask for onslaught seems to be the more common choice here for the DPS boost. However, this build doesn't have the best defences and I find phasing helps when you get swamped by enemies.
i went a different route with your build and decided to use two wands, two kika rings and a stygian and performs really good.
"
scrambled777 wrote:
What's everyone's experiences not running a quartz flask for phasing?

I find it helps a lot for my survivability but I realize that Silver flask for onslaught seems to be the more common choice here for the DPS boost. However, this build doesn't have the best defences and I find phasing helps when you get swamped by enemies.

I like to go with Phase Run in CWDT setup because of this; if you have the currency, there is also a great anointment for Pandemonius that works well with heists, Freedom of Movement, so you can use multicurse Pandemonius while mapping an bossing, and a FoM one for heists.
"
Pacificator77 wrote:
Hey Wallach,

Can you comment on two changes you made on the guide (would like to hear the rationale)

1) you now recommend to ditch Zealotry and only use one essence worm for Hatred ?

2) For frostbomb: secondwind instead of spell cascade ?

Other question:

-Can the cinderswallow flask be useful for us instead of the Chemist Silver flask of grounding

-Seems like a lot of players are using Bottled faith...any reason why you dont suggest it ?

I actually just need to do some clean-up in the "High Budget Options" section, as it hasn't gotten as much attention. I think double Essence Worm is fine once you hit the gear level to cover the resists and such acceptably, though there is still merit to a different second ring too.

Frost Bomb is currently in a Multiple Totems setup and if you don't slot Second Wind, you will not have 2 charges to be able to drop 2 totems at once.

I've never really messed with Cinderswallow Urn honestly. I wouldn't even expect it to work with totems since it specifies "when you kill" on all the affixes, but if it works it would probably be a decent clear flask. Not sure where you'd get the ingites for the damage taken affix.

Bottled Faith is something else that will get added to the "High Budget Options" section for very high end players. It's definitely a BIS boss-killing flask.
Have you ever tried dark pact or shockwave totems with the astral projector ring ?
"
Wallach wrote:

I've never really messed with Cinderswallow Urn honestly. I wouldn't even expect it to work with totems since it specifies "when you kill" on all the affixes, but if it works it would probably be a decent clear flask. Not sure where you'd get the ingites for the damage taken affix.

Critical strikes have 100% chance to ignite regardless of your base ignite chance. I'm running a bit of added fire damage to spells on my wand (not intentional, just happened to have that mod) and I'm consistently igniting enemies. Personally I'm not using Cinderswallow at the moment, but I can imagine it would have pretty good uptime if you have added fire damage anywhere on your build and the 'enemies ignited by you' applies to totems.
Last edited by scrambled777 on Oct 6, 2020, 7:19:27 PM
Hey Wallach,

are any of the new expereimented base types or replica's worth using on the build? i only ask because i got the ele overload sceptre and wondering if it'll improve the build?
Lads, what do you think about Tukohama's Fortress Ebony Tower Shield as a cheap +1 to totems shield? Right now, it costs around 3c, and I don't have that much currency to spend for a suggested shield by Wallach. \

edit: I bought it and I know why it is wrong choice - Blood Magic affects the whole build, not only gems put inside the shield...
Last edited by Galaerivel on Oct 7, 2020, 1:13:47 PM
Just wanted to say thanks for my favorite build in roughly 3,600 hours of PoE. After two disappointing Heist experiments with other builds I'm returning to it once more. It's "legit" powerful without exploiting any broken mechanics, sturdy through and through, well thought-out and fun to play. Icing on the cake was for me that it can even do Hall of Grandmasters. (YouTube side note: your voice reminds me of Richard Marx, which is a good thing, easy on the ears.) The guide is one of the very best.

Found my first mirror on day 3 of the league, sitting on it has been a test of patience. Now I'm going to try how far exactly one can take your creation.
"
scrambled777 wrote:
Critical strikes have 100% chance to ignite regardless of your base ignite chance. I'm running a bit of added fire damage to spells on my wand (not intentional, just happened to have that mod) and I'm consistently igniting enemies. Personally I'm not using Cinderswallow at the moment, but I can imagine it would have pretty good uptime if you have added fire damage anywhere on your build and the 'enemies ignited by you' applies to totems.

Yeah, I was just assuming that the ignite would actually have to be applied by "you" and not just "your skills" based on the wording. I'll have to grab one to test sometime.

"
MichaelDR91 wrote:
Hey Wallach,

are any of the new expereimented base types or replica's worth using on the build? i only ask because i got the ele overload sceptre and wondering if it'll improve the build?

I haven't seen any replica uniques that really stood out to me, but I imagine some of the experimented base types might be useful. The one wand that grants a random charge every 6 seconds would give you more Frenzy charges for example, but I'm not sure it would really prove more impactful overall than like a Profane Wand base.

Elemental Overload is not really good in my setup as written, as we want our critical strike multiplier intact. It's something you'd have to change the build around significantly.

"
Galaerivel wrote:
Lads, what do you think about Tukohama's Fortress Ebony Tower Shield as a cheap +1 to totems shield? Right now, it costs around 3c, and I don't have that much currency to spend for a suggested shield by Wallach. \

edit: I bought it and I know why it is wrong choice - Blood Magic affects the whole build, not only gems put inside the shield...

Yeah, Tukohama's Fortress grants you the actual Blood Magic keystone, so it's something you'd have to completely change up the build for. I'd recommend grabbing a second wand, I typically just dual wield until I can afford an Atziri's Reflection.

"
Just wanted to say thanks for my favorite build in roughly 3,600 hours of PoE. After two disappointing Heist experiments with other builds I'm returning to it once more. It's "legit" powerful without exploiting any broken mechanics, sturdy through and through, well thought-out and fun to play. Icing on the cake was for me that it can even do Hall of Grandmasters. (YouTube side note: your voice reminds me of Richard Marx, which is a good thing, easy on the ears.) The guide is one of the very best.

Found my first mirror on day 3 of the league, sitting on it has been a test of patience. Now I'm going to try how far exactly one can take your creation.

Thanks, glad you've enjoyed it. Hall of Grandmasters actually bodied me this league compared to the last few; I usually can creep my way through it with 0-1 deaths, but I had to run it twice this league and it accounts for 9 of my 12 deaths in Heist.

It's stuck out to me how so many people seem to have different takes on my voice; someone in my YouTube comments asked me if that was my real voice because I "sounded like Batman", while the other day on stream someone said I sounded like I was 15. I can't really think of a time in my life anyone has commented on my voice before I started making content for Path of Exile, so it's been a funny (and slightly confusing) experience.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info