[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

Struggling to find a wand upgrade.

What is actually better on a wand for this build?

Cold damage, Spell damage, Elemental damage?

I would expect the mods to be effective in the following order (least to most):
Cold damage --> Elemental damage --> Spell damage.

Now I would expect Cold and Spell damage to be equal because we are only doing cold damage? Is that a correct assumption.

I ask as having a high cold damage wand & cast speed has few options but high spell damage & cast speed is more readily available to buy.
"
Mentalmike wrote:

Now I would expect Cold and Spell damage to be equal because we are only doing cold damage? Is that a correct assumption.

I ask as having a high cold damage wand & cast speed has few options but high spell damage & cast speed is more readily available to buy.

All three of these stats should essentially be the same in terms of effectiveness unless you are using sources of added Chaos damage. Feel free to search for them interchangeably.
"
Wallach wrote:
"
Mentalmike wrote:

All three of these stats should essentially be the same in terms of effectiveness unless you are using sources of added Chaos damage. Feel free to search for them interchangeably.

Thanks Wallach, was hoping that was the case.
"
Pacificator77 wrote:

This build takes more time to kill Sirus (with a few deaths if you are not careful), but can still do it consistantly. And it's much faster to do the maps.

Sirus 8 and the Cortex Boss (with certain mods) are challenging with this character.
Uber Elder is relatively easy with this Build.
Even with the reflect, Uber Aztiri is not too difficult once you figure out totem placement.

I more or less agree with this assessment after league starting with this build and investing into the endgame setup. Map clear is really great but it is probably not the most comfortable endgame bosser since you really lack defences outside of MoM and endurance charges.

Getting enough single target damage will allow you to insta-phase most things before they become a problem. However, I find A8 Sirus kind of difficult with this build. He is constantly teleporting around so you have to keep repositioning your totems to chase him, which reduces your DPS window as there is a delay before totems start attacking. And a single mistake in the last phase will usually kill you since you really can't afford to take a hit.

Despite that, probably one of the more fun league starters and relatively smooth gear progression outside of having to grind for the Atziri shield.
Wonderful build Wallace,

I'm up to t12 without any major hurdle, can't wait to see how it does at t16 + end game content.

I just wanted to say that you can find VERY CHEAP talismans with Whispers of Doom on the the trade site as an alternative while waiting for the expensive pandemonius+annointment option.

Paid 12c for mine and it's doing wonder so far !

Thanks again for the thourough guide !
Last edited by Alianora on Oct 10, 2020, 5:26:01 AM
Dear Wallach, i want to thank you for this interesting build! i like it very much!

Also have to ask some questions about PathOfBuilding usage.
How did u make "55% increased Critical Strike Chance against Shocked Enemies"
work for your build in this program? Cuz i can't anyhow pick this mod.

Btw, why don't you offer guys to use "apep's rage opal wand" in terms of early and very cheap boots to dmg for our totems?

Tank you for the answer in advance.

The build is also challenging for small area boss...like Reef
Hey hey Wallach, first i need to say thanks for your detailed guide!
This is my first ever Totem build, and it´s way way better then i expected.

Well, i play on standard cause i dont like this new league mechanik, so i had a bit currency to use, maybe this is one reason why it´s so funny af.Seeing them bosses screaming, lemme outta here i am getting cold, hehe.

But i am not sure about 1 thing:
is it worth it change this into a 2nd essence worm ring, to use Zealotry?

And what about Bottle Faith u talked about in ur last video, i guess change it for Wise Oak right?

Best regards!
"
Merowingin wrote:

Also have to ask some questions about PathOfBuilding usage.
How did u make "55% increased Critical Strike Chance against Shocked Enemies"
work for your build in this program? Cuz i can't anyhow pick this mod.

Cold Conduction on medium cluster jewel makes it so chilled enemies are also shocked.
Hello! Few questions...

1) About shock effect when using "Cold Conduction" on medium cluster jewel. In PoB there is "Effect of shock" slider. What Value must be there to see DPS increase?

2) As mentioned earlier- there is one "fun" medium cluster jewel passive "Sleepless Sentries" - Onslaught for 4 sec after totem summon. Compared to "Cold Conduction" ?

3) Played with PoB to compare "Hatred" and "Zealotry" dps numbers with my current build and items. There are not so much difference in damage numbers if I use Watchers eye with "Hatred" cold penetration or current rare jewel

with "Zealotry". Can I trust PoB numbers? Price difference is at least 350 chaos for cheapest cold penetration Watchers Eye... :)

My current setup in PoB: https://pastebin.com/4XVsahcA

p.s. First time I found great (i hope) weapon myself. This time in Grand Heist final room. No idea for the price :)

p.p.s. Sorry about my English- not my first or even second language...
Last edited by KasparsT on Oct 11, 2020, 4:50:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info