[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
I just don't understand this. Everyone here praise this build, and I would like to join the club, but simply I cannot.

I am being one-shotted too often, to have a fun with this build. And I am taking only about t11-t13 maps. I don't even wanna try higher tiers anymore. I have around 4k hp, 1k ES and almost 3 K mana with MoM. More resistances then needed and even 4th ascendency. Yet I am being one-shotted too easily. I just can't keep playing with this build.

Do you have any ideas what can be wrong?

https://imgur.com/a/cupznAO

I just checked your profile, first of all, dont improvise your gem setup. Follow the guide, you need to follow it when you are not fully gear and perhpas later you could do some change on your way.

Secondly, REMOVE YOUR arcane cloak. We dont have any "source" of regen mana instant. We dont play with the mana flask 100% IN, so when you use your arcane cloak, its litterally a suicide IN map. YOu dont have any power for the Mind Over Matter effect .... Really sucks.

Thirdly, dont try to CAP your chaos res, its to hard to do when you have so MUCH unique item and we can play whithout chaos res if you play carefully.

Next one, try to invest on a better gear, for example your wand are not good. +1 of all cold skill, well if you dont have any spell power on them or a good amount of Cast speed is not very good. Try TO have the Temple Affixe with Alva : Cold damage to spell flat + % Cold damage (on affix), some cast speed + crit mult/spell power .... Same thing for your gloves, helmet and belt. For your gloves, take the Temple affixes again, Cold res + % damage up against chilled ennemys (HUGE BOOST).

You dont have to put so much currency but try to focus on the good mod when you look at some change. (PoEDB is your friend).

If you struggle with currency, do some "chaos recipe" to help you to buy these items even if you are lvl 90+, the exalts is cheap.

And last thing, this build is not a ZOOM ZOOM build, y ou need to play with caution. Your damage are your totem so let them clear all the map when you stanb behind .

Cheer

Edit : try to do your 6link or buy it, its 2ex nothing expensive and you gonna have a massive boost. And yeah, currently replace your add cold to your Hypo, chill + freeze effect is a def setup.
Edit 2 : Change your like flask prefix, you dont play low life, you lose effencicy.
Edit 3 : Hummm, nothing more for the moment !
Last edited by Hermesse on Oct 3, 2020, 5:56:50 PM
Thanks Hermesse for your tips. Will try to make some changes according to them.

I am using Arcane Clock as a self-cast, it is not connected to the CWDT.
For the first time in 4 leagues I am actually struggling with this build and for a bizzarly can not figure out why.

I am rally struggling with bosses, they are just so stupidly tanky, just did a A3 Baron which should not be difficult at all but died twice to being one shotted (believe it or not, have no idea what killed me) but more importantly took around 8 minutes to kill him.

I know I do not have a watcher's eye or +1 soul mantle but those items have not been needed before to get to T16 and do A8 sirus.

Is it my wand? Have found it hard this league to find a good wand, there seem to be no 100& cold damage & cast speed & crit damage wands that I could see on the market.

Any help is appreciated.

P.S. I know I still have not found the last lab to unlock uber lab and my 4th ascendency. Would the power charge generation really make that much of an impact?

I hate it, ive done over 30 maps and not found a single lab (even duplicate ones).
Last edited by Mentalmike on Oct 4, 2020, 7:44:47 AM
"
For the first time in 4 leagues I am actually struggling with this build and for a bizzarly can not figure out why.

I am rally struggling with bosses, they are just so stupidly tanky, just did a A3 Baron which should not be difficult at all but died twice to being one shotted (believe it or not, have no idea what killed me) but more importantly took around 8 minutes to kill him.

I know I do not have a watcher's eye or +1 soul mantle but those items have not been needed before to get to T16 and do A8 sirus.

Is it my wand? Have found it hard this league to find a good wand, there seem to be no 100& cold damage & cast speed & crit damage wands that I could see on the market.

Any help is appreciated.

P.S. I know I still have not found the last lab to unlock uber lab and my 4th ascendency. Would the power charge generation really make that much of an impact?

I hate it, ive done over 30 maps and not found a single lab (even duplicate ones).

Hey, again i'm here to help. And its no hard to see when you struggle. You have the full BUILD listed by Wallach. Better than me SO FAR but you struggle ? Again for you like for Galaerivel your gem setup is like... Shitty ? Just follow the Wallach setup gems. Because :
-2 golem gem : why ? we dont have any synergy with minion and i think they dont still alive for so long.
- Archmage Support : TAKE AWAY this gem. You put your MOM OFF with this gems, damn how can you be so suicidal ?
-Clarity ? I dont understand
-GMPS support with frostbite ? If i'm not wrong, frostbite is not a projectile so this gems doesnt work AT ALL.
- Hex support ? with your golem and unbound support ? Humm... I cant ..

After this you need to understand that you miss 2 other things :
-Annoint on your neck : Whispers of DOOM
AND to combine with :
-the SNIPERS MARK. The difference between before and after this gems is too huge.

For your tree : well you have too much point useless.... I dont know the difference between YOUR tree and the tree with cluster for the damage but i can say on thing : you screw up with the node TOTEM : you took the CRIT but we need the CRIT MULTI (on the right), too strong....
On you start tree, if you are going directly on the right you need to take the 3 start node and remove the 5 node below.

Your setup flask is bad too, you miss a lot of damage. You need to Wise Oak flask and the Onslaught flask, the cast speed and the PEN is too strong when you play totem.

I think i'm done with your profile. Do this and this build gonna pop off. Last thing perhpas : dont play with 2 Eseence Worm.

Cheer.

A big tips to everyone slack with this build, JUST follow the guide.
Could someone please help with which upgrades I should prioritize from here? Should I start saving to get atziri's mirror (long ways away...) or are there any near-term upgrades I should be making for more smooth gameplay in T15+? Right now, map clear is ok but damage mitigation is lacking and single target damage is not enough so getting wrecked by metamorphs and A5 Sirus. Many thanks in advance..

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Sataguni
"
Hermesse wrote:
"
I just don't understand this. Everyone here praise this build, and I would like to join the club, but simply I cannot.

I am being one-shotted too often, to have a fun with this build. And I am taking only about t11-t13 maps. I don't even wanna try higher tiers anymore. I have around 4k hp, 1k ES and almost 3 K mana with MoM. More resistances then needed and even 4th ascendency. Yet I am being one-shotted too easily. I just can't keep playing with this build.

Do you have any ideas what can be wrong?

https://imgur.com/a/cupznAO

I just checked your profile, first of all, dont improvise your gem setup. Follow the guide, you need to follow it when you are not fully gear and perhpas later you could do some change on your way.

Secondly, REMOVE YOUR arcane cloak. We dont have any "source" of regen mana instant. We dont play with the mana flask 100% IN, so when you use your arcane cloak, its litterally a suicide IN map. YOu dont have any power for the Mind Over Matter effect .... Really sucks.

Thirdly, dont try to CAP your chaos res, its to hard to do when you have so MUCH unique item and we can play whithout chaos res if you play carefully.

Next one, try to invest on a better gear, for example your wand are not good. +1 of all cold skill, well if you dont have any spell power on them or a good amount of Cast speed is not very good. Try TO have the Temple Affixe with Alva : Cold damage to spell flat + % Cold damage (on affix), some cast speed + crit mult/spell power .... Same thing for your gloves, helmet and belt. For your gloves, take the Temple affixes again, Cold res + % damage up against chilled ennemys (HUGE BOOST).

You dont have to put so much currency but try to focus on the good mod when you look at some change. (PoEDB is your friend).

If you struggle with currency, do some "chaos recipe" to help you to buy these items even if you are lvl 90+, the exalts is cheap.

And last thing, this build is not a ZOOM ZOOM build, y ou need to play with caution. Your damage are your totem so let them clear all the map when you stanb behind .

Cheer

Edit : try to do your 6link or buy it, its 2ex nothing expensive and you gonna have a massive boost. And yeah, currently replace your add cold to your Hypo, chill + freeze effect is a def setup.
Edit 2 : Change your like flask prefix, you dont play low life, you lose effencicy.
Edit 3 : Hummm, nothing more for the moment !

I would like to point one thing. Your suggestions are meant to improve mostly the damage, but there is none regarding the survability. That is why I would like to confirm something - the better damage, the better defense? I almost gave up on this build not because of lack of damage, but rather due to being one-shotted too often. And that is why I tried to find more defensive set up with Arcane Cloak, 'cause that was the main issue - I was dying too easily. Normally I would change it with Righteous Fire
If you're looking to move into a two medium cluster setup, would Kill All Bandits worth considering instead of Alira?

With the absence of harvest crafting and notable weights still nerfed, three notable large clusters are a lot harder to roll this league. Without a third placeholder notable, you are likely to be wasting an extra two passive points to hit your two desired notables + jewel sockets, unless you're willing to spend 15ex+ for the perfect cluster jewel.

I'm level 95 and looking at fitting in a second medium cluster, but I can't find anything on my passive tree to give up that wouldn't lose me too much damage or too much survivability for the second cluster to be worth it.
"
Galaerivel wrote:
I would like to point one thing. Your suggestions are meant to improve mostly the damage, but there is none regarding the survability. That is why I would like to confirm something - the better damage, the better defense? I almost gave up on this build not because of lack of damage, but rather due to being one-shotted too often. And that is why I tried to find more defensive set up with Arcane Cloak, 'cause that was the main issue - I was dying too easily. Normally I would change it with Righteous Fire

When it comes to mapping and earlier progression, yeah I would say that generally offense is better at keeping you alive than defense. Like if you're failing to freeze enemies consistently on the first or second hit, or your projectile speed is really limiting the distance your shots are traveling, it makes your life much harder in general. The quicker things die, the less opportunity things will have to pose a threat to you in the first place.

As for Arcane Cloak, remember that all Guard tag skills share a universal cooldown, so trying to use two of them isn't all that effective. Especially if you have Arcane Cloak on left mouse or something so it goes off automatically, you are creating windows where your Steelskin cannot trigger when it normally would (when you are taking significant damage). It's also taking a big chunk of your mana every time you activate it, which is another potential threat window where you may not have enough mana to absorb incoming damage via Mind Over Matter. Arcane Cloak has to be used with slightly more caution than Steelskin for that reason.

I think if you wanted to add a second defensive button to the build, I'd drop either one of Steelskin or Arcane Cloak and maybe add in the new Frost Shield since that is not actually a Guard skill. But it's more likely to me that dying too often is more related to some combination of playstyle, gear, and maybe too many dangerous map modifiers together.

On a side note, I just noticed this thread recently crossed over a million views. That's crazy!
Hello! I am just wondering if the only reason we use Coward's Legacy is for the Pain Attunement for "permanent 30% more spell damage" (and maybe the Panicked Flask as well)? Why is it worth more than a stygian vise with about ~130 flat life (combined with jewel), resistances and maybe Conqueror's mod? Isn't 30% more spell damage can be easily obtained with a high roll wand? Maybe I am missing something here but I am just curious.

Furthermore, I am not good with POB config and stuff so I cant check it out myself, but is a Void Battery with 2 nodes of Power Charge on the tree + 1 more from Helmet's conqueror mod better in terms of dps? Or should I scale Freezing Pulse with 4 extra level from Wand (+1 +1) and Amulet (+1 +1)? This would mean I have to replace my Pandemonius though.

You can check my account for any more suggestions. I am having around 20ex to continue improving this build, though, I do know I am missing Whisper of Doom, Sniper's Mark and Cluster Jewel, will fill them in right away.
What is the purpose of Brutal Restraint Timeless Jewel?

I see Wallach has it in his set up but I can not understand the benefit.
The one in question enables Second Sight but I don't see how that is beneficial as it is melee critical strike chance?

Anyone able to explain this one please?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info