[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

I just wanted to take a few moment to sincerely thank you.

Your guides are what I consider the gold standard for totems and depth of guide info.

I few leagues ago I made the transition from Hardcore (and never seeing the end game) to killing the elder gaurdians and Sirus all with a Freezing Pulse totem.

I've spent a lot of seasons frustrated trying to reach red maps. This season marks the first time I went from a lvl 1 character to t16 maps in less than a week and frankly, I'm over the moon happy about it.

Wallach, thanks again.
any idea for gem switch for bigger single target dmg? I kill today veritiania on aw5 and it's take me so long with freezing pulse.
Single target DPS is fine with better gear. Awakening 8 conquerors die in three seconds for me at the moment.
"
Achnod wrote:
"
Balvi wrote:
crafted from scratch :) not to bad. what you think?

its good.

Btw, I looked at your profil so I could copy the wand and input it in my pob to see the dps and I saw that you are running dual wand with rumi and glancing blow.

Those two are only really worth it if you have a shield.

Thank you for the feedback,

yes indeed shield is needed and I am crafting one and once done will swap.

Still, I almost newer die witch had not been case last league but I need the shield so I can use lovely tailwind boots
So here is the shield, not like i wanted but will do for a moment until I have crafts needed to continue. want to remove cold damage and cold resist and then add new cold with lucky value to hit T1 cold damage.

In hideout i am loosing 8k damage unbuffed but the focus double damage should make up for it
will test and let you know how it feels

so managed to remove all suffixes for the moment and add crit T3 ( was lucky craft) , will continue tomorrow
plan is to
-remove cold mod and hope for cold damage
- cold damage removed
-master craft cold resist
- use seed to argument cold modifier with lucky value
- hope for T1 cold damage
- add crit

( love this league for this)
Last edited by Balvi on Jul 5, 2020, 5:43:43 PM
So how many point would u give this build for single target out of 10 ? Idk why but with my gear ( even though not high budget one but pretty decent i think ) my single target is mediocre, it's not that good but not that bad either. Prob my expectation is too high but i would love to hear your feedback. Thanks in advance.
Here are my recommended trees for leveling purposes.

Level 20: pretty basic templar caster start.

Level 30: There are some small choices to make here that are gear-dependent. If you have early access to two of the First Snow threshold jewels, you want to get both jewel sockets ASAP, leaving Life and Spell Crit for later; with First Snows you want to be self-casting Freezing Pulse. If you don't have a second First Snow, you may want to grab Agility for Dex instead of a Jewel socket.

Level 34: Complete Normal Lab, allocate Ancestral Bond, switch to Pulse Totems.

Level 39: Grab Whispers of Doom so you can double-curse with a 4L CoH setup. Eventually you'll refund these 5 points, after you get enough levels on Awakened ACoH, but they're very strong for now.

Level 45, aggressive option.
Level 45, defensive option.

Level 49/50 (aggressive option shown). Ready for the Soul Mantle package (to include Kikazaru rings and Self-Flagelation). Eventually you'll refund Sanctum of Thought cluster, but not until you have Atziri's Reflection.

Level 55. The aggressive/defensive split from before Sanctum of Thought is reunited, and ready for Cruel Lab.

Past this I haven't determined what is most optimal, but the build is pretty forgiving right after Cruel Lab anyway.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jul 5, 2020, 9:33:00 PM
I just got the medium cluster jewel recommended with astonishing affliction and cold conduction and traded my 45% totem dmg skills to fill it out

it's like 6k less sheet dps in-game but feels like im melting things way faster now

can anyone explain how? the astonishing affliction is only 20% more damage

is it the shocking from cold conduction?>
"
huyakf1997 wrote:
So how many point would u give this build for single target out of 10 ? Idk why but with my gear ( even though not high budget one but pretty decent i think ) my single target is mediocre, it's not that good but not that bad either. Prob my expectation is too high but i would love to hear your feedback. Thanks in advance.

I think mediocre is probably the right word for Freezing Pulse as a skill in general when it comes to single target. It's not the strength or the focus of the build for sure. Like most skills in this game, you can definitely reach levels of single target that will make everything plenty comfortable, but in that specific context it will take more investment than a build focused on that goal.

This build is more about being well-rounded, with a lean towards clear if anything. That's kind of a reflection of what I feel is important in this game, which is something I think has been true for a long time in Path of Exile. I'm not the kind of person who likes making a lot of characters or builds every league, I prefer my "main" character of a league to be able to handle as much of the content as I want to see.
Was working to craft a shield, I was trying to land the maximum totem modifier, but I ended up with this and I'm happy. Looking to remove random defense, add random defense harvest craft to add flat mana instead of energy shield.

Last edited by GenuineProdigy on Jul 6, 2020, 12:40:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info