[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

Alright, I've made some additional updates to the guide. Mostly to add some skill tree variants to the PoB import, add back in the missing ACoH section, and make some other tweaks regarding recommendations for the Glancing Blows variations.

Admittedly I'm currently a little bit overwhelmed with other things, and still don't have everything where I'd like it to be (particular in the PoB import). I'm sure I still have some cleanup to do in the new additions, so please bear with me in the meantime.
"
Achnod wrote:

Any idea what to craft next?

Nope, but what did you craft to get to that stage? I guess I need to make a wand soon.
Identified the wand with +1 skill and t1 speed cast
Removed the unwanted mods with harvest craft
Added crit craf and hit t1 on the first try.

After that I wanted to hit +1 cold skill so I wanted to make sure that there is no open suffix. When I looked at poedb, I saw that I could increase the chance of +1 cold skill by crafting "Cannot roll attack mods" as it would remove the "add # to # cold damage" from the pool.

I used an harvest craft to add cold mods and then used add/remove cold mods until I hit the +1 skill (it took about 20 tries, thank god for the buff to crafts).

I think that my next step will be to use the bench craft for "+ # Cold dmg and Chance to freeze".

My last mod is what I am unsure of, either use harvest craft for speed in order to hit projectiles speed (if I hit attack speed, I will use the remove attack to get ride of it) OR use a redeemer slam. Most of the suffix would be nice but can't be really remove safely without risking of removing an other mods.

Last edited by Achnod on Jul 3, 2020, 1:16:58 PM
"
Achnod wrote:
Identified the wand with +1 skill and t1 speed cast
Removed the unwanted mods with harvest craft
Added crit craf and hit t1 on the first try.

After that I wanted to hit +1 cold skill so I wanted to make sure that there is no open suffix. When I looked at poedb, I saw that I could increase the chance of +1 cold skill by crafting "Cannot roll attack mods" as it would remove the "add # to # cold damage" from the pool.

I used an harvest craft to add cold mods and then used add/remove cold mods until I hit the +1 skill (it took about 20 tries, thank god for the buff to crafts).

I think that my next step will be to use the bench craft for "+ # Cold dmg and Chance to freeze".

My last mod is what I am unsure of, either use harvest craft for speed in order to hit projectiles speed (if I hit attack speed, I will use the remove attack to get ride of it) OR use a redeemer slam. Most of the suffix would be nice but can't be really remove safely without risking of removing an other mods.

Nice, thanks. I've idly been doing this, probably should have been making something actually useful for this build.
Last edited by NoImagination on Jul 3, 2020, 1:28:17 PM
NVM, I was wrong, back to guessing what to do
Last edited by Achnod on Jul 3, 2020, 3:19:06 PM
Not a fan of the revised "gem links" setup.

First, why use Freezing Pulse to apply curses when you could use Blade Blast or Purifying Flame? I understand Pulse (with the Threshold jewels) has better coverage, but cursing is mostly for single targets, so coverage isn't that big a deal.

Second, I would not agree with manual curse under any circumstances, even before Awakened CoH becomes available. I think it's a lot more logical to simply recommend a temporary placement of Whispers of Doom (the +1 Curse notable). Very similar to Sanctum of Thought, Whispers of Doom would represent a small, temporary passive point investment that your gear eventually renders obsolete.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jul 3, 2020, 8:59:15 PM
Well,after two days,i figured where is issue. Path of building application,has old version of nodes set up.Meaning it does not match current game skilltrees. I opened first passive tree link you posted,using POEMATE application,and Arcane Capacitor is right where it is currently in game. I opened second link you posted,with POB...and its not there. It is not just yours passive skilltree,i checked Bane Occultist,its missing there,as well as mew POB,it does not list it. Hopefully app creator updates it soon. Thank you for all your hard work,and for build design,i appriciate it.
why don't we use 40% freezing pulse dmg on helmet?

is it significantly worse than 30% projectile speed
"
GGTeMpLaR wrote:
why don't we use 40% freezing pulse dmg on helmet?

is it significantly worse than 30% projectile speed

Projectile speed is a damage boost because freezing pulse loses damage the closer it is to the end of its path. Projectile speed increases the distance of that path, so we deal more damage to things further away from us than before.
still on 5 link doing t16

bricked another Sirus fight on the last stage :( last one was bugged
lost all my xp what a stupid fight

uber elder can do but this sirus shit?

anyhow build is good i just missing so much of the gear, i had only 2 ex dropped so far and nothing else pretty much.

Yesterday done the garden boss fight and got the achievement :)

given my basic gear not to bad, wish i could get some upgrades

anyhow good build and time to reroll as I managed to craft some lovely gear

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info