[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
Ashwin wrote:
"
GGTeMpLaR wrote:

how is your freezing pulse that high lvl 29?

Level 21 from corrupted gem
+1 from corrupted chest
+3 from level 4 empower
+2 from amulet with +1 cold skill gems, +1 int skill gems
+2 from wand with +1 cold skill gems, +1 spell skill gems

You should be able to get to 29 that way.

You can potentially also get +2 from chest if you got a projectile gems or even +3 if you double corrupted +1 gems and +2 projectile gems, I guess. So, it can go up to level 31?

With +1 corrupted chest its +4lvl from empower, + with double corrupt its 32lvl total, also could get another +2 from another wand. Oh and awakening added cold is +1 more. So we could get like 35lvl if chase just lvls i guess.
"
GGTeMpLaR wrote:
on our high-end 6-link with an empower, why do we drop awakened added cold dmg support instead of increased critical strikes?

awakened added cold dmg gives +1 skills too right?

But we do drop crits tho?
oh the first page "High Budget Gearing Options" section has him dropping cold dmg for it. his final links in that are 3 blue 2 green 1 red and 'added cold dmg supp' gets dropped
Last edited by GGTeMpLaR on Jul 1, 2020, 11:35:06 PM
"
GGTeMpLaR wrote:
oh the first page "High Budget Gearing Options" section has him dropping cold dmg for it. his final links in that are 3 blue 2 green 1 red and 'added cold dmg supp' gets dropped

Finally, one of the most expensive but largest DPS upgrades you will be able to manage at this point in gearing is a corrupted 6L Soul Mantle that has the +1 to Socketed Gems or +2 to Socketed Projectile Gems implicits. +1 to Socketed Gems comes out a bit ahead between the two, as it increases the rank of not just Freezing Pulse but the socketed supports as well, allowing you to change Increased Critical Strikes out for Empower (Level 4) to still get +2 to Freezing Pulse on top of the +1 to the other support gems. A double-corrupted Soul Mantle would be the dream, having both +2 projectile gems and +1 all socketed gems.

Is what i see.

oh you are right

I was looking at the picture of the gem links in the armor

I didn't notice that line which clarified it

thank you
"
Wallach wrote:
It's not a bad idea to use Purifying Flame for the curse applicator, though. Zealotry will already trigger consecrated ground if you are running that alongside ACoH but it wouldn't be as consistent, even if you're using something like Storm Brand.
Another contender is Blade Blast, which applies Unnerve on hit. That option doesn't step on Zealotry's toes and can potentially remove the need for a curse cluster jewel, particularly with Culling Strike gloves, or go defensive with Evil Eye over Master of Fear. Probably wouldn't want to bother leveling that one past gem level 13 though, due to the Dex requirement.
"
za6i9ka wrote:
"
Ryce wrote:
Unnerve is a debuff that causes affected targets to take 10% increased spell damage.

Why is that good sir. Wouldn't it be better just get crit multi on the wand or add cold damage to spell?
Targets take 10% increased spell damage is ~10% more spell dmg.
It's not quite that good. Increased damage taken stacks additively — not multiplicatively — with other sources, such as:
* Bonechill
* Shock
* Projectile Weakness curse
* One of the effects of the unique flask Bottled Faith
* Unnerve
And probably a few other options this build has potentially available to it.

It's still a good stat, but it's probably closer to 6-7% more damage than 10%. And to have that low of a chance of applying, there's a decent chance you it wouldn't even kick in right away. I think that affix is indeed a trap, at least compared to more reliable methods of Unnerve application.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jul 2, 2020, 2:51:51 AM
With the new Glancing Blows only being 3p away from the main path, this feels a lot more defensive then in previous leagues. Using a Sleepless Sentries Cluster Jewel rn.

Current setup
Spoiler
Btw from what I can see max Freezing Pulse is level 33, technically 34-35 with rare offhand.

21 corrupted gem
+3 (+1 all/+2 projectile) 2xcorrupt Mantle
+4 from level 5 empower
+1 from Awakened Cold
+2 amulet (+1 cold +1 int)
+2 wand (+1 cold +1 spell)
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Wallach wrote:
It's not a bad idea to use Purifying Flame for the curse applicator, though. Zealotry will already trigger consecrated ground if you are running that alongside ACoH but it wouldn't be as consistent, even if you're using something like Storm Brand.
Another contender is Blade Blast, which applies Unnerve on hit. That option doesn't step on Zealotry's toes and can potentially remove the need for a curse cluster jewel, particularly with Culling Strike gloves, or go defensive with Evil Eye over Master of Fear. Probably wouldn't want to bother leveling that one past gem level 13 though, due to the Dex requirement.
"
za6i9ka wrote:
"
Ryce wrote:
Unnerve is a debuff that causes affected targets to take 10% increased spell damage.

Why is that good sir. Wouldn't it be better just get crit multi on the wand or add cold damage to spell?
Targets take 10% increased spell damage is ~10% more spell dmg.
It's not quite that good. Increased damage taken stacks additively — not multiplicatively — with other sources, such as:
* Bonechill
* Shock
* Projectile Weakness curse
* One of the effects of the unique flask Bottled Faith
* Unnerve
And probably a few other options this build has potentially available to it.

It's still a good stat, but it's probably closer to 6-7% more damage than 10%. And to have that low of a chance of applying, there's a decent chance you it wouldn't even kick in right away. I think that affix is indeed a trap, at least compared to more reliable methods of Unnerve application.

Not sure about trap, mobs die almost instantly before unnerve kicks in, but on bosses 4 totems with 15% chance per hit is decent rate i'd say with each totem hitting like 3 times a second. Also there's that 50% crit chance enchat on belt that works with unnerve.

Last edited by za6i9ka on Jul 2, 2020, 6:42:21 AM
anyone else have hard time killing uber atziri with this build?

do we need a lot of chaos resistance for that fight? the spears she shoot do like half my HP
Last edited by GGTeMpLaR on Jul 2, 2020, 10:22:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info