[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

I'm playing this build, currently level 91. Last night a friend was looking over my PoB out of curiosity before I looked at the recommended annoints in the guide. He gave me the idea to go annoint Sanctum, and to then put those 4 points into Throatseeker cluster. It is the same amount of points (4, because I went for the jewel socket on the outside). So it's a good idea.

But now thinking about it after the latest change to cluster jewels soon. I may invest in a large and 2 mediums in the top left spot. So I might end up dropping Throatseeker.
Hey thanks for the wonderful totem build. I usually respec into some type of tanky guardian build after I reach lvl 90+, but I kept going with this due to my luck with the league and how great the clear is with freezing pulse.

What are your thoughts on the new Dynamo notable?

I have Steelskin no longer linked to cast when damage taken and instead put it on my left click so when I walk around it automatically casts and refreshes, so that way you can get the buff preemptively (as opposed to after you take damage) and you get 20% mana recovered each time it procs.

I have found the Dynamo notable useful to anoint onto my amulet when I am in a no regen map, as the mana recovery isn't affected by the mod. I have found this anoint is great to keep on a spare amulet (or just re-anoint because it is cheap: azure-sepia-clear) for no regen maps at the cost of damage from Flash Freeze or Heart of Ice, so you don't have to reroll those maps.
How you guys feel about the seeds?

i personally am so frustrated, it takes brutal about of maps and then it is RNG if you get 1 tier higher seeds. so fat i did not managed to get Tier 4 seed still. this is so bloody demotivating do not even wanna play anymore . . .

shame a I also love FP totems :)

Note: this idea obsolete, see more recent post.
Spoiler
So here's a suggestion for an alternative gem setup that I think would get better DPS. I play on PS4 and don't own a PC so it's tricky for me to Path of Building, but anyone with access is free to check it out.

Weapon MUST be Wand.
Spoiler
6L: same

CWDT/Vaal 4L: same

Helm/Boots pseudo 5L: Cold Snap + Bonechill + Arcane Surge (level 11) + Increased Duration (Boots affix) + Increased Area of Effect (Helm affix)
Optional: Hypothermia (Helm affix) and increase Surge to level 12.

Curse 4L: Purifying Flame + Awakened Curse on Hit + Frostbite + Projectile Weakness
Optional: Increased Area of Effect (Helm affix)
Optional: Faster Casting (Gloves affix)

3L: Power Siphon + Ballista Totem + Multiple Totems

3L: Frost Bomb + (Flame?) Dash + Second Wind

This is a total of 7 non-reservation/triggered skills, 8 including Move Only, so it fits very well with PC controls and is manageable with PS4 controls.

The main addition here are the Ballista Totems. Combined with Multiple Totems Support, this allows for a total of 8 Totems, 4 Ballista and 4 Spell. The 4 Ballistas give the Pulses just over 10% more damage via Ritual of Awakening (1.24/1.12=1.107), as well as 4% of max life and 2% of max mana regen per second. The actual skill the Ballistas use, Power Siphon, is almost useless, but does provide Culling Strike on hit.

The main subtraction is a few levels of Arcane Surge Support, effectively replaced by a single summon of Ballista Totems (when 2 summons are possible).
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jun 28, 2020, 10:22:04 PM
I actually managed to make an upgrade for my wand:

Didn't think I would ever find something better than the one I got on day 2 of the league:

Pretty sure I am maxxed out on that slot now.

Build still going good, deathless Sirus 8 is easy to do. As long as you know the mechanics and don't get hit. The huge DPS means that I don't have to survive for long for him to die. I expect Uber Elder to be a lot harder since there is more stuff to avoid, but haven't tried yet. Mapping is really fast and save, as long as I avoid closed space maps, which I of course do with the 2.5 screen range of the totems.
"
Mecielle wrote:

Didn't think I would ever find something better than the one I got on day 2 of the league:

Build still going good, deathless Sirus 8 is easy to do. As long as you know the mechanics and don't get hit. The huge DPS means that I don't have to survive for long for him to die. I expect Uber Elder to be a lot harder since there is more stuff to avoid, but haven't tried yet. Mapping is really fast and save, as long as I avoid closed space maps, which I of course do with the 2.5 screen range of the totems.

holy

that wand is perfect

how did you craft both those skill modifiers
Last edited by GGTeMpLaR on Jun 27, 2020, 12:49:20 AM
"
GGTeMpLaR wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:

holy

that wand is perfect

how did you craft both those skill modifiers

I bought it with those 3 prefixes and 2 bad suffixes. Managed to remove the suffixes with garden crafts and hit the cast speed and spell crit with garden too.
I actually managed to pick up a nice little upgrade for the time being for 5c. I didn't think they would actually sell it to me as the next one in price was 20c.

Last edited by GenuineProdigy on Jun 27, 2020, 12:45:31 PM
Anny1 who knows alot bout this build can check my havest hc char?

What is my best 2-3 upgrades, besides gem and boots enchant???
Prices are already crazy for some of the stuff in this build..i managed to get a 5 link soul mantle at start,but a 6L is 12ex and an atziris shield is 11ex,Loving the build but i might have to wait another 2-3 weeks till all this price goughing calms down

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info