[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

Clear speed and tankiness feels really good, is there a way to push higher single target numbers to explode boss, even if it reduces the clear speed significantly without sacrificing tankiness?
"
juaozim wrote:
Clear speed and tankiness feels really good, is there a way to push higher single target numbers to explode boss, even if it reduces the clear speed significantly without sacrificing tankiness?
I would recommend the skill setup I posted on the page before this one. Also, until you get a level 5 Awakened Curse on Hit, I'd recommend spending 4 passive points to pick up Whispers of Doom; you'll refund these points later.

If all you do is place Pulse Totems this build's DPS isn't that great. For tough single targets you should be applying Arcane Surge, two curses, fifth and sixth Totems, Bonechill ground, cold Exposure and Consecrated Ground to up your damage, as well as having 3 Frenzy charges for at least the first few seconds of the fight, refreshed by adds. With a good setup you can apply all of those with just 3 skill uses, 5 if you count placement of Pulse Totems.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
How is it doing in endgame bosses? Do you delete them? Is it worth for all that investment? Because if it’s just to be able to do just a bit more damage, I’d roll a ball lightning miner and explode bosses with less than 20 ex investment.
"
juaozim wrote:
How is it doing in endgame bosses? Do you delete them? Is it worth for all that investment? Because if it’s just to be able to do just a bit more damage, I’d roll a ball lightning miner and explode bosses with less than 20 ex investment.

If you're looking for pure single target damage, it's probably worth just rolling a second character with that currency. This build can get to respectable levels of single target damage, but it takes quite a bit of investment compared to builds that are more focused on that goal.

The investment does make quite a bit of difference (which is one of the reasons I liked this build enough to write a guide in the first place) but in the end it is still mostly a brute force solution. The past couple leagues both my FP totem characters wound up around 10 million Shaper DPS with flasks up, which certainly could have been pushed higher if I felt like shedding more eHP or maybe some general build flow. But that same level of investment is always going to carry you a lot further in terms of single target on a build designed for it.

Like most decisions in this game, it's going to come down to what value you put on any given aspect of a build.
Great, thanks for the response. I’ll keep this for fast T16 farming and start a new pure boss deleter character. Shaper and Elder in this guy yesterday took forever hehe. It does kill everything but takes a while.
10% increased effect of non-damaging ailments

this just make our slow better, no actual dmg gain?
"
GGTeMpLaR wrote:
10% increased effect of non-damaging ailments

this just make our slow better, no actual dmg gain?
Bonechill makes Chill increase the cold damage enemies take, and Increased Effect of Non-Damaging Ailments also improves the effect of Shocks achieved via Cold Conduction (cluster jewel notable).

I admit that I'm not sure whether "Increased Effect of Non-Damaging Ailments" does or doesn't improve the effect of chilled ground, but it certainly improves the effect of Chills and Shocks from (damaging) Hits.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jun 28, 2020, 11:51:38 PM
"
zweckform wrote:

I Just got those gloves, now i have a question regarding harvest Crafting for Unnerve. Would the following Work?

1. Hunters Exalted Orb

If Unnerve: Sucess!
Else:
2. Harvest Craft remove a random Defence Modifier -> removing Evasion guaranteed
3. Harvest Craft add a random Caster Modifier -> Guaranteed unnerve

Sounds right to me. And I can do the same, so thanks!
So in this post I'm going to prove that Surge on Cold Snap is just better than Surge on Frostbite, assuming Awakened Curse on Hit level 5.

So let's take the provided Skill Tree and Gear in the opening post. The total increased cast speed is 40% (30 tree 10 gear).

A level 10 Arcane Surge, with the full 60% increased effect of Surge from the passive tree, would give 24% more Spell Damage and 22% increased cast speed, bringing cast speed to 62%. That's the level to get off a single cast of Cold Snap + Bonechill + Arcane Surge + Increased Duration, at gem level 20

A level 21 Frostbite, supported by Surge, Inc Duration, and Spell Cascade, cast twice, can trigger a level 17 Arcane Surge, which is 28% more Spell Damage and 28% increased Cast Speed, bringing cast speed to a total of 68%.

1.28/1.24*1.68/1.62=1.0704

So basically 7% more damage (and 0.3% Mana regen/sec) via Arcane Surge. But at what cost?
Answer: not running a 4L Awakened CoH setup.

Assuming 126 Dexterity for a level 5 Awakened Added Cold, the build should be able to support a level 13 Projectile Weakness. With 20 or more Quality on that and Awakened Curse on Hit, that's 51% increased projectile damage taken. Even with the Shaper's 66% curse resistance, that 17% increased damage taken.

Obviously more than 7% more damage.

Also, another 1% reduced Cold Resistance vs Shaper, thanks to Curse on Hit quality on Frostbite.
Also, 100% increased crit chance via Purifying Flame's Consecrated Ground, conveniently bundled with Curse on Hit.
Also, the capacity to curse Hexproof enemies.
Also, not having to spend more time and more Mana (in a Mind Over Matter build, no less) keeping Surge up with two casts instead of 1.

I understand that Back In The Day™ when Awakened Curse on Hit wasn't a thing, you'd need to spend passives allocating Whispers of Doom or wear Windscreams to double curse, which made it a choice. But since Awakened CoH, it's no longer a choice, it's a given. It astounds me that this guide hasn't been updated appropriately.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jun 29, 2020, 1:48:13 AM
"
NoImagination wrote:

Sounds right to me. And I can do the same, so thanks!

Just remember that you need ilvl 85, can't see that in the linked picture
Last edited by zweckform on Jun 29, 2020, 2:21:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info