[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
Mecielle wrote:
Doesn't mean much since this build relies like few others on other buffs and mechanics you can only calculate in PoB, but I am at 218.404,4 standing in my hideout. If I deactivate Hatred and Zealotry I am at 132.912,4.

Thanks. It means something because people on the same build can more easily compare. Having fifty things selected in POB by one guy but 49 by another means we're often not talking about the same thing.
Last edited by NoImagination on Jun 25, 2020, 10:29:12 AM
"
NoImagination wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:
Doesn't mean much since this build relies like few others on other buffs and mechanics you can only calculate in PoB, but I am at 218.404,4 standing in my hideout. If I deactivate Hatred and Zealotry I am at 132.912,4.

Thanks. It means something because people on the same build can more easily compare. Having fifty things selected in POB by one guy but 49 by another means we're often not talking about the same thing.

True enough, but the hideout DPS is even more useless. Someone could have far less hideout DPS and still have more real damage. Or the other way around.

But I guess for a rough estimate its ok. And if you notice a big difference in hideout DPS, that's mostly from Freezing Pulse gem levels, they are huge in hideout DPS and mine is at level 25.
Last edited by Mecielle on Jun 25, 2020, 10:46:21 AM
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
NoImagination wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:

True enough, but the hideout DPS is even more useless. Someone could have far less hideout DPS and still have more real damage. Or the other way around.

But I guess for a rough estimate its ok. And if you notice a big difference in hideout DPS, that's mostly from Freezing Pulse gem levels, they are huge in hideout DPS and mine is at level 25.

Would you also find Arcane Capacitor not as useful as other passives both with and without the high-end gearing?

I've been playing around PoB but I don't believe it will give you accurate measurements between allocating certain passives over cluster jewels.
"
Castellani wrote:

Would you also find Arcane Capacitor not as useful as other passives both with and without the high-end gearing?

I've been playing around PoB but I don't believe it will give you accurate measurements between allocating certain passives over cluster jewels.

It would still be the very last thing I pick up, even with mediocre gear. It is simply too situational imo, and even then does not a lot.

What do you mean with your last sentence? PoB Community Fork is 100% able to make that comparison. You just have to do the settings. Like Master of Fear. Just check "enemy is unnerved" if you use that cluster, and uncheck it if you want to test allocating normal passives instead. Or did I misunderstand what you meant?
Last edited by Mecielle on Jun 25, 2020, 11:06:53 AM
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
Castellani wrote:

It would still be the very last thing I pick up, even with mediocre gear. It is simply too situational imo, and even then does not a lot.

What do you mean with your last sentence? PoB Community Fork is 100% able to make that comparison. You just have to do the settings. Like Master of Fear. Just check "enemy is unnerved" if you use that cluster, and uncheck it if you want to test allocating normal passives instead. Or did I misunderstand what you meant?

You understood correctly, I wanted to compare using certain passives vs cluster notables. I'm using the fork edition.

I was initially confused as to why after importing my character, itens & skills, the Freezing Pulse DPS was wildly different (higher) than what I actually had in-game hideout with the default configuration so I figured it was not accurate to begin with.

I will play around with it more to better familizarize myself with the configuration.

Last edited by Castellani on Jun 25, 2020, 11:23:37 AM
"
Castellani wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
Castellani wrote:

You understood correctly, I wanted to compare using certain passives vs cluster notables. I'm using the fork edition.

I was initially confused as to why after importing my character, itens & skills, the Freezing Pulse DPS was wildly different (higher) than what I actually had in-game hideout with the default configuration so I figured it was not accurate to begin with.

I will play around with it more to better familizarize myself with the configuration.

Well ingame tooltip takes nothing into consideration, no penetration, nothing. PoB actually does take everything into account, the calculations are datamined from the game itself. Thats why everybody uses it. If your settings in PoB are correct you can be 100% certain it shows you the correct numbers.

EDIT: Oh and remember to allocate your clusters on the tree, PoB doesn't do it when you import a character.
Last edited by Mecielle on Jun 25, 2020, 11:58:22 AM
Do I have to recast totems to apply new dmg buffs I just got or they update dynamically in real time?
"
Puryemail wrote:
Do I have to recast totems to apply new dmg buffs I just got or they update dynamically in real time?

Real time, there is no snapshotting in PoE anymore. So if you summon totems, then apply flasks or gain Arcane Surge, your totems will deal more damage.

But remember to resummon a totem every 4 seconds, because of Shaman's Dominion.
Thank you! :)
RE: Arcane Capacitor - it's in the build along with the Prodigal Perfection wheel to ensure folks get closer to their Mind Over Matter ratios. They are the two most efficient wheels in the tree for balancing mana and damage, especially on a character that has Transfiguration of Mind. That is true even assuming the barest minimum of Arcane Surge effect (though this has to be simulated manually as even the community fork does not account for increases to Arcane Surge effect). On Mecielle's current character for example, even with the Arcane Capacitor wheel there wouldn't be enough total mana to protect their entire life pool, so it would be offering full eHP value per point.

If you are doing high-end content and feel you'd still be comfortable shedding eHP (or have so much mana from gear you don't need it as much), then there's certainly nothing wrong with dropping it. In terms of raw damage it is definitely not going to compete with points in clusters, or even other damage-focused nodes we're already connected to like Mental Rapidity.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info