[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

Anyone know when Wallach is planning on updating this guide?
"
jays411 wrote:
Anyone know when Wallach is planning on updating this guide?

nope but I am looking through all forum sections. a lot to read. (other classes)
Last edited by Sazzbot on Jun 18, 2020, 10:55:49 AM
He streamed patch notes reading here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/653014787
He mentioned he would be updating both builds before league start. The most time consuming part was going over the tree node by node after the numbers were tweaked.
Alright, the guide has been updated for Harvest league, and a fresh Path of Building import link is up. The Path of Building link is still a bit work-in-progress; the tree isn't really changing in 3.11, but I want a more fleshed-out import link that covers everything in more detail, I just haven't had the time to sort it out fully. For now the gear sections will have to serve as the main reference for itemization details.

The current import contains Act 1-10 trees for those that will be leveling with the updated leveling guide (which uses Holy Flame Totem & Wave of Conviction), as well as an Act 10 Freezing Pulse switch tree (which is only a small shuffling of points), a level 90 tree with basic clusters, and a 95 tree with pretty ideal clusters.

The main bulk of this guide update was put into the leveling tips section, but a lot of other sections got a pass over as well, and as tired as I am I imagine there may be some errors or typos I didn't catch. Please let me know if you find any.
"
Wallach wrote:
Alright, the guide has been updated for Harvest league, and a fresh Path of Building import link is up. The Path of Building link is still a bit work-in-progress; the tree isn't really changing in 3.11, but I want a more fleshed-out import link that covers everything in more detail, I just haven't had the time to sort it out fully. For now the gear sections will have to serve as the main reference for itemization details.

The current import contains Act 1-10 trees for those that will be leveling with the updated leveling guide (which uses Holy Flame Totem & Wave of Conviction), as well as an Act 10 Freezing Pulse switch tree (which is only a small shuffling of points), a level 90 tree with basic clusters, and a 95 tree with pretty ideal clusters.

The main bulk of this guide update was put into the leveling tips section, but a lot of other sections got a pass over as well, and as tired as I am I imagine there may be some errors or typos I didn't catch. Please let me know if you find any.

Hi Wallach, thanks for your hard work. You would still recommend leveling using HF totems vs FP totems? Could I ask what the reason behind that is?
"
jays411 wrote:
Hi Wallach, thanks for your hard work. You would still recommend leveling using HF totems vs FP totems? Could I ask what the reason behind that is?

It's mainly just that you don't really want to get into a Freezing Pulse totem setup before you have your Soul Mantle & Kikazarus ready (and generally your second Labyrinth done), so it's easier to just build a totem setup on a fairly similar passive tree that performs better prior to that point. It's hard to say how quickly you'll get access to those items at league start, so having a plan that gets you there more smoothly is worth it.
Thanks for the quick response!!

Is there a priority list of items that you want to purchase/invest in for FP totems end-game? i.e. is a 6L soul mantle + 2x kikazaru more important to save for before anything else?

Also, could I ask why you skipped Divine Judgement? It seems that's the biggest dps increase regardless of HF or FP totems while leveling?
Last edited by jays411 on Jun 18, 2020, 1:38:14 PM
"
jays411 wrote:
Thanks for the quick response!!

Is there a priority list of items that you want to purchase/invest in for FP totems end-game? i.e. is a 6L soul mantle + 2x kikazaru more important to save for before anything else?

Also, could I ask why you skipped Divine Judgement? It seems that's the biggest dps increase regardless of HF or FP totems while leveling?

Main priority is definitely getting a Soul Mantle and a pair of Kikazarus - the Soul Mantle doesn't really need to be 6L at league start, even a 4L is basically a 5L due to the free Spell Totem Support, so pretty much take what you can get when you can get it. Once you've actually switched over, a Self-Flagellation jewel is probably the next unique upgrade you will want; I generally take the Viridian Jewel rewards that show up during the story for more opportunities to corrupt them into a potential Self-Flagellation.

As far as Divine Judgment, I don't know as it really fits in anywhere. If you take it while leveling as HFT, you'll delay getting to the final life notable in Shadow a little too long for my preference, and when you switch to Freezing Pulse you are tighter on points due to the additional requirement of Sanctum of Thought to hit 100% reduced effect of curses on you. If you want a little bit more damage while leveling, I'd probably just take the 2 points into Divine Wrath since they are almost the same per-point even with Avatar of Fire.
Great guide, could you add leveling skills to build? Would be awesome! Thanks
IGN: @Locktar / @Rarii
Been a long, long time since I played FP Totems. How is the Defense on it nowadays pre-Reflection setup? I was messing around in PoB and worked in Glancing Blows along with the Sanctuary and Arcane Guarding clusters for near max block. Damage still seemed reasonable. I had no Cluster Jewels active though and i'm not sure how good they are for this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info