[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

Thank you for your hard work on this build.
i didn't play last 8 month and planning to give a try to this league.
I love Totems, i will test this build. It seems good ! :)
Appreciate the guide+updates Wallach, used this as my league start previous league and honestly one of the easiest and cheapest builds to get started I've ever played, plan to scale it up this league and see how far I can take it.
The Switching to FP tab is perfect!! Thanks for taking the time to write it down!
"
GamesB4Gains wrote:
The Switching to FP tab is perfect!! Thanks for taking the time to write it down!

I'll second that. I've settled on FP totems as my league starter, thanks to Wallach as well as the active posters in the last several pages for all the info and ideas!
Well, i always switched right after normal lab with lvl ~35. Never had any major problems beside single target dmg sometime. I will try it your new way this time.

Cant be slower than that what i was doing the last 5 seasons :D
2/3 top tier Harvest mods are to do with synthesised items:

"
Allows you to give an item a Synthesised implicit modifier when Harvested

"
Fracture a random modifier on an item with at least 5 modifiers, locking it in place. This can't be used on Influenced, Synthesised, or Fractured items
Fracture a Suffix on an item with least 3 Suffixes. This can't be used on Influenced, Synthesised, or Fractured items
Fracture a Prefix on an item with at least 3 Prefixes. This can't be used on Influenced, Synthesised, or Fractured items.

I didn't play that league - what mods are we looking for? The list of synthesised mods is enormous. The same stuff as we want on wands (excepting gem level stuff)?
Last edited by NoImagination on Jun 18, 2020, 11:19:54 PM
"
ZachOK wrote:
Been a long, long time since I played FP Totems. How is the Defense on it nowadays pre-Reflection setup? I was messing around in PoB and worked in Glancing Blows along with the Sanctuary and Arcane Guarding clusters for near max block. Damage still seemed reasonable. I had no Cluster Jewels active though and i'm not sure how good they are for this.

I'm more interested in Glancing Blows than Agnostic I think; if I wind up tweaking things to add a new keystone it'll probably be for that. Still not a trivial opportunity cost because of how tight skill points are.

Personally I feel like that keystone is pretty misplaced in the tree and I could see them moving it. It's a little too accessible where it is, especially in context of Thread of Hope.
"
deimudda69 wrote:
Freezing Pulse getting juicy 40% projectile speed, according to the gem list. Not that the projectiles were ever slow, but, what ever.

wasnt even mentioned in the patch notes, rofl. GGG smokes heavy weed for real.

The only one high is you. Nothing at all changed with the proj speed of FP...

"
Wallach wrote:

I'm more interested in Glancing Blows than Agnostic I think; if I wind up tweaking things to add a new keystone it'll probably be for that. Still not a trivial opportunity cost because of how tight skill points are.

Personally I feel like that keystone is pretty misplaced in the tree and I could see them moving it. It's a little too accessible where it is, especially in context of Thread of Hope.

I feel almost forced to take Glancing Blows, with it only being 3 passives. Not incorporating it into the build seems to be kind of a waste. At least for the non-Atziris Reflection version, Shaper shields have the great block suffixes after all. Throw in a Rumi's, which I feel might be a good idea anyways instead of a Silver, and we are looking at pretty solid attack and spell block, proccing any block reliant mod very reliably.
Last edited by Mecielle on Jun 19, 2020, 3:09:27 AM
"
Mecielle wrote:
I feel almost forced to take Glancing Blows, with it only being 3 passives. Not incorporating it into the build seems to be kind of a waste. At least for the non-Atziris Reflection version, Shaper shields have the great block suffixes after all. Throw in a Rumi's, which I feel might be a good idea anyways instead of a Silver, and we are looking at pretty solid attack and spell block, proccing any block reliant mod very reliably.

Yeah, I think you would run Rumi's in place of Silver, drop the curse medium for a totem medium with the new Sleepless Sentries, and probably force-craft "Chance to Unnerve on Hit" from Hunter on a pair of worthwhile gloves (in a perfect world probably a Temple mod pair of gloves that you whittle to 2P/2S, maybe Harvest enabling that more easily). That's what I was thinking so far. I really think they put it in too accessible of a place.

On an unrelated note, I'm also considering swapping my Frost Bomb setup into one more akin to the Wave of Conviction one used during leveling, but with a Second Wind as the fourth link. It's a bit more awkward, but Second Wind also grants the totem itself a second charge, so you retain the ability to drop two at once (with a ~2.5 second or so recharge per totem). In exchange we pick back up the 2% life regen, 1% mana regen and go from 12% more to 18% more damage from Ritual of Awakening while active. The totem targeting will be an annoyance for sure, but I'll probably play with it at league start to see how it feels in extended usage.
Last edited by Wallach on Jun 19, 2020, 3:34:39 AM
"
Wallach wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:

Yeah, I think you would run Rumi's in place of Silver, drop the curse medium for a totem medium with the new Sleepless Sentries, and probably force-craft "Chance to Unnerve on Hit" from Hunter on a pair of worthwhile gloves (in a perfect world probably a Temple mod pair of gloves that you whittle to 2P/2S, maybe Harvest enabling that more easily). That's what I was thinking so far. I really think they put it in too accessible of a place.

On an unrelated note, I'm also considering swapping my Frost Bomb setup into one more akin to the Wave of Conviction one used during leveling, but with a Second Wind as the fourth link. It's a bit more awkward, but Second Wind also grants the totem itself a second charge, so you retain the ability to drop two at once (with a ~2.5 second or so recharge per totem). In exchange we pick back up the 2% life regen, 1% mana regen and go from 12% more to 18% more damage from Pursuit of Faith while active. The totem targeting will be an annoyance for sure, but I'll probably play with it at league start to see how it feels in extended usage.

Oh right, forgot they gave perma Onslaught to totem builds with the cluster changes.

And yea, that does sound like it could be annoying in the long run. But might be worth it for the benefits. And a small mixup in your post: it's "Ritual of Awakening" that gives the 3% more per totem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info