[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

Just made my helmet

A little bit lucky
Awakener orb left it with trash mods. So Annuled off.
Could have just multimodded, but didn't seem like huge value so I crafted life and slammed. Really would have liked to drop the ES roll for chance at mana/a free slam at getting a good life roll but didn't want to push it!
Slammed IIR.... So annulled again (If I'd bricked it, would have just tried to craft with frigid + pristine. Maybe mana fossils too).
Annulled the life off, and then the IIR so back to start.
Then I slammed 35% cold res and 48% fire. I call that a win!

Still not happy with the es roll, maybe should have tried an add suffix beastcraft, but fairly happy with it.

nice one, I was too chicken to go for it myself
"
fryderyknicze wrote:
Hi, so I have simple problem - survivality.

I really dont know, how, or even if its posssible, to make this build done.

This is my eq

I have 30ex to spend, but seriously, I really dont know what to do. Was so desperate i even took boots without ms, so i could survive chaos dps.

Some ideas? I bet its possible to use dem cluster jewels to go big boy, and since GGG wont nerg them till end of league, id like to not miss that opportunity.

Anyway, any ideas? If you guys have time, check my skill tree.

ps. And yeah, i know dex is problem. Some gems are there just for extra free moneyz, like slower projectiles, since double curse starts at 5lvl.

with a 30ex budget I think the best thing would be better cluster jewels, you should get the curse medium cluster and the cold conduction on the other, also vengeful commander and blanketed snow on large cluster. the dps increase will increase your survival. also you'll probably have enough currency left for a bottled faith, it's pretty strong. the culling against cursed plus innervate vs cursed is great.

totems play style means drop totems and dodge mechanics. Hard to do this league with all the on death stuff but once you get a rhythm for it, not so bad
Ok, bought those clusters u adviced. Pretty expensive, but I hope will be worth.

Next stop is flask, other boots and gloves.

One thing that annoys me tho, is Dex. I found that, many ppl has historic jewels, maybe thats the way to overcome this problem? If so, how and whitch should I aim for. Its really hard to find those jewels in poe trade.
"
fryderyknicze wrote:
Ok, bought those clusters u adviced. Pretty expensive, but I hope will be worth.

Next stop is flask, other boots and gloves.

One thing that annoys me tho, is Dex. I found that, many ppl has historic jewels, maybe thats the way to overcome this problem? If so, how and whitch should I aim for. Its really hard to find those jewels in poe trade.

I'm a little confused - you have top end gear, plenty of currency to get more and are level 96. What survivability issues do you have in particular? Or have you just been levelling using super safe content like breachstones or leeching xp?
Move speed on boots is more 'survivability' then a bit of extra chaos resistance, plus huge quality of life.
Other than that it's probably a playstyle issue. Try not to get ahead of your totems, hold back in dangerous areas and let totems 'scout' for you if necessary. Take note of map mods and be extra careful/re-roll maps if needed.
Just levelling up now post Kitava. Nice to have a stash of breachstones for powerlevelling, and every breach boss is permafrozen (Not the biggest benchmark as they are a little undertuned for todays characters, but nice to see)

Current gear

I'm using a Megalomaniac cluster jewel with cold conduction and Master of fear (Plus ancestral echo for cast and placement speed which isn't bad) so I have gone for culling on gloves. I spent a LOT trying to roll GG unnerve and culling gloves, but this is much cheaper. Will try and get some better gloves though.
Slight issue with that is I lose a jewel socket, so can't really use a brutal restraint as well as a watchers ete. If I get a good one it might still be worth using and dropping a small cluster in the remaining socket though.

Boots I also spent a lot on trying to get really nice ones with ailment effect. Misread the mods so I though a reedemer slam on ilvl 73-79 boots would guarantee it. It doesn't! These are ok, though I hate crafted move speed. Then I realised you can craft 30% anyway (Not sure if I have unlocked, which is why I probably missed it). Will get some better boots with crafting room. Better resists will make gearing easier too. Might be able to balance for wise oak as well.

Weapon was a cheap buy - an upgrade will probably be costly, unless there is something I'm obviously missing? Crit multi would be nice, but crit chance is kind of needed at the moment as I'm not running inc crit strikes.

I've got awakened added cold, just not slotted yet. The rest of the awakened gems seem overpriced for what they bring, so will wait/ignore them.
Not got that much currency left now after the failed crafting/gambling. Probably should have just bought bottled faith, but I just don't like the item, it's overpowered and acts as a crutch. Plus if you rely on it and are out of flask charges you are screwed.

Yeah well, I hate tho stay begind my totems most of the time. Anyway, dex is still an issue.

Wondered bout those historic jewels.

And about exp & stuff - yeah I played really much during corona. 99% of time i roll solo, so even if i die every 30maps - im back on what ive done. Shit is annyoing.

I have 3,7k hp, 1,1k es and 2,5k mana. So basicly - with enough bad luck, im one shotted.
"
fryderyknicze wrote:
Yeah well, I hate tho stay begind my totems most of the time. Anyway, dex is still an issue.

Wondered bout those historic jewels.

And about exp & stuff - yeah I played really much during corona. 99% of time i roll solo, so even if i die every 30maps - im back on what ive done. Shit is annyoing.

I have 3,7k hp, 1,1k es and 2,5k mana. So basicly - with enough bad luck, im one shotted.

Levelling past 94/95 does get annoying, which is why I don't really do it.
A lot of people do their levelling in the super safe content as I mentioned, pure chayula runs, 5 way legions etc. Simulacrum is pretty good exp too if you don't die.

A Brutal restraint would help with dex whatever the roll, it sticks +2/4 dex everywhere in range. But it's only worth if you also get some worthwhile bonuses. They are very hard to buy, best bet is just divining one till you get something useful. We don't use the 'named' keystone so easier to roll (Wind dancer would actually be ok for us, but nowhere to put it)

Well, bought one, not ultra awesome, but i have so much dex i dont give a f now lol.

It seems i have possibility to change boots to whatever i want, or gloves. I dont really know, what amulet would have to have, to be worth changing.

Any tips on what should I aim for in gloves/boots? I mean to be ultra op xd

Now also i need to get hp as much as possible, but im scared ill propably end up with like 4k hp lol
"
fryderyknicze wrote:
Well, bought one, not ultra awesome, but i have so much dex i dont give a f now lol.

It seems i have possibility to change boots to whatever i want, or gloves. I dont really know, what amulet would have to have, to be worth changing.

Any tips on what should I aim for in gloves/boots? I mean to be ultra op xd

Now also i need to get hp as much as possible, but im scared ill propably end up with like 4k hp lol

I just got one too - rolled it pretty hard with divines for something decent. Got 20% proj damage, 10% ailment duration (Not much good), 25% crit chance, 3*4% life and 8% non unique flask effect. So it was worth me dropping a small cluster jewel to fit it in. More dex than I need which has eased up gearing too.

Only damage you can really get on boots is indirect via the increased ailment effect - you can craft that or get on redeemer boots. Most important thing is the enchant which you already have (I've swapped boots which don't have the pen enchant yet, but I can swap for bossing).
Gloves wise you already have a decent pair. Real minmaxx is to try and get one or both of culling or unnerve on gloves so you can free up a cluster jewel. But it's real min maxing and probably marginal over a good pair of gloves and using the jewel.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info