[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
liaetr wrote:
I'm sure a simple answer is coming and i'll perhaps feel sad but why are we picking spell critical nodes while using controlled destruction? what's the logic behind this?

well as there is no topic-search function i could not search this topic for the answer.

I dont know the exact details but it is a trade off between slight reduction x multiple increases in hits.

As you have 4/5 totems, each one will have a slightly reduced crit chance but due to the large number of totems all firing at the same time and then the cast speed it is hardly noticeable that some hits dont crit. The 'more than' damage on controlled destruction then is almost considered a pure damage bonus.
So completely gave up on getting the nearby enemies -9 cold res helmet.

Tried to upgrade my wand from this

to this

Bought for 2 ex, had 3 trash suffixes and 2 good prefixes. Annulled it...god sodding lucky, preffix cant change mod, removed all suffix, multi-mod, and then slammed the last exalt as a YOLO.

Unfortunately the mod rolled on that last exalt was the flat cold damage...sooo sad if only it were a spell mod this would have been perfect.

thank god it was a damage boost, tooltip went from 200,224 to 212,418. (only Hatred active).
Guess at the end of the league, small increments cost the most. that 12k damage increase cost 10ex.

Would you say that was worth it? Not to sure myself.
Last edited by Mentalmike on Apr 16, 2020, 7:26:27 PM
"
liaetr wrote:
I'm sure a simple answer is coming and i'll perhaps feel sad but why are we picking spell critical nodes while using controlled destruction? what's the logic behind this?

well as there is no topic-search function i could not search this topic for the answer.

yo, controlled destruction means -100% critical, this means if you have 500% you go to 400% and not 0! (or something like that)
Has anyone used PoB to see if the Added cold damage to spells on a Hunter base is equal or quite close to the -9 cold res redeemer affix?
"
AlphaSphere wrote:
Does any one know why awakened curse on hit with projectile weakness, and frostbite dosn't do much damage? Mainly frostbite it self in pob, frostbite does no damage or sometimes does more damage if disabled, or adds to very little damage. I'm just looking at some of people's builds in poe ninja. Is there some mechanic I'm missing that makes frostbite not good with our build, also what 2nd curse might be better if so?

Edit

So I just saw that if you have both on, they don't stack damage well, without projectile weakness, frostbite does more damage, but projectile weakness does more if you had to choose one. i don't get why they don't stack well though.

It just doesn't work properly in PoB AFAIK.

It is easy to test by linking both curses to ACoH. Then edit an item with "Allocates Whispers of Doom" and suddenly your DPS goes up. You will see it adjust as you untick each curse whereas before it will not change until you untick both.
"
SuperBurgers wrote:
"
AlphaSphere wrote:
Does any one know why awakened curse on hit with projectile weakness, and frostbite dosn't do much damage? Mainly frostbite it self in pob, frostbite does no damage or sometimes does more damage if disabled, or adds to very little damage. I'm just looking at some of people's builds in poe ninja. Is there some mechanic I'm missing that makes frostbite not good with our build, also what 2nd curse might be better if so?

Edit

So I just saw that if you have both on, they don't stack damage well, without projectile weakness, frostbite does more damage, but projectile weakness does more if you had to choose one. i don't get why they don't stack well though.

It just doesn't work properly in PoB AFAIK.

It is easy to test by linking both curses to ACoH. Then edit an item with "Allocates Whispers of Doom" and suddenly your DPS goes up. You will see it adjust as you untick each curse whereas before it will not change until you untick both.

Thank you very much, I see it now.

Would Frost Bomb over write any of these debuffs? is it okay to use all 3?
Does the "Maligaro's Virtuosity Deerskin Gloves" work for totems with the 300% crit multi? Thanks.
PM me if I win something!
or IGN: moararmor
"
conheomap wrote:
Does the "Maligaro's Virtuosity Deerskin Gloves" work for totems with the 300% crit multi? Thanks.

Yeah, no reason those shouldn't work.
"
Wallach wrote:
"
conheomap wrote:

Yeah, no reason those shouldn't work.

My interpretation of it is that it sets your Critical Strike modifier to 300%. If so it will actually make your build worse because you should have 400%+ crit multiplier.

edited. /deleted
Last edited by liaetr on Apr 17, 2020, 7:33:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info